It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack on Canada, U.S. is attack on Muslims: imams

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
With all the countless attacks in muslim countries by these so called extremists, (killing fellow muslims in the process) how would this declaration really make any difference.

Religious extremists never follow the teachings of the moderate. If they did then we wouldn't have extremists in the first place. This goes for all religions not just islam.

This is just proactive PR in my opinion. Whenever religious leaders come forward and condemn terrorist acts, it is merely deflection and protection, self preservation. Not that there is anything wrong with that.....

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth...

The fatwa was issued to address the alarming trend of affluent Americans, and Canadiens, too, I suppose, though I've not heard of any; going overseas and actively seeking to join jihadist movements.

A fatwa issued by fellow Muslims from the same country, or continent anyway, may have some useful effect in stopping, or at least slowing, this trend. Easy to ignore an imam you don't know, not so easy to ignore one you may know...

Just my humble opinion. What ever the reason, it's a welcome step.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Not one mention of Jihad or Jihadis.

An important distinction since they obviously don't consider Jihad terrorism.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Great find,

Long time reader first time poster.

In my opinion when dealing with would be religious extremists (not saying they all are), terrorist attacks aside. Its seems that extremes can work both ways, attacking your own people or even making your own followers into whistle blowers still does not instill any calm or peace in my mind. Hopefully some good can come from this but my eyes will remain open wide.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by blueorder

They have to phrase it "Islamically", so that the extremists can't write it off as just sticking up for the "infidels". It's as much politics between the varying degrees and sects within islam as it is showing to us "infidels" that they oppose terrorism.

Exactly. That is why their failure to mention Jihad is important. Any extremist terrorist reading this will think this does not apply because they consider themselves to be a Jihadi not a terrorist.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Some people tend to think that all Muslims are extreme and are bad. This is not true! These extremists have taken what is in the Koran and turned it around to mean what they want it to mean. It is good to see Muslims standing up for our country and others that are unfairly targeted in the "name of islam."

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It's about time! Only when most Muslims cry out (loudly) against violence, will the rest of us believe this is a peacefull religion. Sadly, many peacefull Muslims are frightened of repercussions of speaking out. I don't care what religion you are or are not. If you reject violence, you have a friend.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Victoria 1
Some people tend to think that all Muslims are extreme and are bad. This is not true! These extremists have taken what is in the Koran and turned it around to mean what they want it to mean. It is good to see Muslims standing up for our country and others that are unfairly targeted in the "name of islam."

when you say "turned" it around, how so, these "extremists" could quote the Koran much more than you or I, perhaps it is they who are reading the text "AS IS" and not "turning it around" as the so called "moderates" do

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Two questions i would like to ask are:

Will this actually make any difference?

Havn't these same Imams been calling for peace in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran etc etc....?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is great news!

For those of you who think this will do nothing are sadly mistaking.

The main threat against North America is HOME-GROWN terrorism; not terrorists born and raised in the middle east and flown over. With this statement, young muslims in North America might think twice about even thinking about turning to extremism...

And this will give a call to regular muslims to report and discourage any kinds of extremism they may notice.

I think it is amazing that the Islamic Leaders of North America are finally taking a grand stand against terrorism.

I am so happy!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Thank you Magnum for posting that. I looked for the fatwa on Friday and could not find a copy of it to review. I am pleased with its clear and direct sentiment. It does not have the double speak so many Muslim documents and speeches have.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deny Arrogance
Not one mention of Jihad or Jihadis.

An important distinction since they obviously don't consider Jihad terrorism.

It is an important distinction because many do not consider what they are doing to be terrorism, but Jihadi.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This sounds like good news! Finally, something hopeful among us...

..oh wait, isn't it possible for Muslim extremists to come out and call these folks "false Muslims" and don't really follow their holy book?

Isn't it possible this might shed more bloodshed?

Absolutely. Let the uncivilized holy war continue.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
This sounds like good news! Finally, something hopeful among us...

..oh wait, isn't it possible for Muslim extremists to come out and call these folks "false Muslims" and don't really follow their holy book?

Isn't it possible this might shed more bloodshed?

Absolutely. Let the uncivilized holy war continue.

Yep. Coming out to side with kafir against a Muslim could indeed be spun as these people being apostates.

This is what I like about the Quran. You can pretty much use it to always have the extremist seem to be the most correct. Moderation isn't its finest point.

[edit on 2010/1/11 by Aeons]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I really get the feeling teh elite shadow government in the US is setting up an event, that they will blame on Iran probably. They just have plans now to deport all legal Iranian, Cuban, Yemen, Syrian residents in the US, and I am afraid they are planning to stage an event, a false flag attack like 911 maybe nuclear, in Vancouver, next month or so due to the
Olympics.

I am writing this so TPTB will know I am onto their plans and that they can stop thinking about this in any way. ITS NOT GOING DOWN.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Q1 : Will this actually make any difference?
A1 : My hopeful and positive mind says "yes", but my logical mind says, "let's wait and see! Only time will tell". This is something that we can't necessarily see (the result), meaning that it would be hard to gauge how many would be terrorists changed their mind because of the Fatwa...

Q2 : Havn't these same Imams been calling for peace in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran etc etc....?
A2 : I have no idea, and I have no idea how the Supreme Councils work. I am not Muslim myself, I'm sure we can google this and find out.

Peace,

Magnum

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I have to agree that the text is very straight forward and doesn't have any nonsense. It's straight to the point.

Magnum

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I really get the feeling teh elite shadow government in the US is setting up an event, that they will blame on Iran probably. They just have plans now to deport all legal Iranian, Cuban, Yemen, Syrian residents in the US, and I am afraid they are planning to stage an event, a false flag attack like 911 maybe nuclear, in Vancouver, next month or so due to the
Olympics.

I am writing this so TPTB will know I am onto their plans and that they can stop thinking about this in any way. ITS NOT GOING DOWN.

What does this have to do with the subject we are discussing? I do think however, you do have something interesting to say about this. Why don't you start a new thread about this and telling us why you have this feeling/how you know of their plans??

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is the best news I've read in a week. It is another example that TPTB are losing their grip on us.
Untold millions, even billions have been spent marketing hatred between the three major religions and the effects are wearing off.
Deep down inside each one of us knows we are here to fulfill a positive spiritual quest. We know that part of our individual missions is helping others reach their goals.killing is NOT part of the process.
I am guilty of hating muslims even though some of my best friends in college were muslims. Over the last couple months my feelings have changed completely.
I have come to believe that organizations like the CIA have infiltrated groups like CAIR and mosques all over the world. The underpants bomber was obviously drugged/brainwashed. A christmas day massacre was intervened upon. The days of the dirty tricks are coming to an end!
God bless those imams. I will continue to pray for peace in the world.
If we all join together

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I dont think this needs a new thread. I think its very important to understand that right now the muslims are sensing something is being set up and they are saying this in North America because they are showing solidarity. But you have to know behind the scenes there are proabably lots of things they don't want to say publically. I sense they know very well that a false flag and another war with the middle east is in the works and they are trying to diffuse it somehow.

Talking about every angle of what can happen is hopefully one way of stopping it or changing the plans or timelines.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join