It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Has Contingency Plan for Dealing With Iran, Petraeus Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well here we go...The General says we are ready if it comes down to it, War with Iran that is. This would be a Third front if and when it happens. Are we ready? Should we be? What do you think...after all it could mean another draft eventually.
The article is linked below. I hope it does not come to this but somehow I think its what TPTB want it.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN
Well here we go...The General says we are ready if it comes down to it,

They would have contingency plans for North Korea attacking South Korea, China attacking Taiwan, India attacking Pakistan, China attacking USA etc etc etc. Nothing new there

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Do Iranians really use the term "iota" ?

From the article-

The Iranian government “will strongly defend Iran’s rights and will not back down one iota,” he said in a ceremony to inaugurate an aluminum plant in the southern city of Bandar Abbas, Mehr said.

Sounds like something my Grandfather would say....(southern twang)

Back on topic, sounds like more rhetoric to keep us pointed in the "right" direction....War.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Thats correct but they do not usually put it out there like that. I mean they would have to have a plan but what are they planning. It sounds more like a warning to get on the bandwagon as far as talks because I really do not believe We could handle another front right now. We are in quicksand and going to be there forever.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm not scared or anything, fear is not an emotion that benefits anyone, but I believe that it might be time to put on our hard hats and prepare for another false flag.

From one standpoint, TPTB tend to want "conventional warfare", meaning troops on the ground, as opposed to only air strikes, tactical nuclear warfare, etc. They want conventional warfare because it reaps the best profits for the military contractors.

However, I think at this time they're already raking in the dough, they might want some other type of warfare this time.. Something more drastic that guarantees a swift win.

A war with Iran wouldn't be like fighting a rag-tag group of dudes with rusty AK47s and some improvised explosives. Iran has a serious army. They are not playing around. They have tanks, weaponry, large numbers of loyal troops, military commanders, etc.

The war would not be an easy one, by any means.

For that reason I think the USA might decide to do another false flag, but this time probably larger in scale.

In my opinion they will let the markets dictate when this will happen. They will wait until the markets about to crash anyway cause of commercial real estate lenders finally claiming banko, then they'll pull the rug out of the market with a false flag and try and sweep it all under the rug, so they can can continue again to loot the treasury again once the bank holiday is over.

Like I said, nothing to fear... But we should keep our minds open to whats really going through their heads. Nothing is really beyond their lack of morality I think.. Look at 9/11

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

We (US), could rip through Iran like we ripped through North Vietnam. The Russians are involved here. If they could not save Iran they would partition it, taking the northwest half. The current part with the oilfields that are active.

Any use of low level nukes or DU would contaminate the Caspian Sea. Iran is pretty much free to do as it wants.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I feel like a part of Nazi Germany!

Now, do not get me wrong, I believe there are bad people in those regions we are in whether that is the reason or not is besides my point.

We also do war on a...somewhat humane level (I know that sounds SOOO ironic).

First this country, then that country, now this country. Hell, if it means a more imperialistic America resulting in cheaper goods across the board why not.

Call me evil, but the opportunities we have been given so far in this country are due to slave labor whether it be actual slavery or child labor/horrid working conditions.

Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Im glad there prepared.. but i dont want war,, however irans army is not that much of a threat they might put more of a fight than iraq but they will fall,

the only thing iran could do major damage is unleash all there proxy's in Israel cause some hell in iraq and in the united states thats right im very sure they have some revolutionary guard or al quds force here..

but there navy and air force will fall also there army would to, but there ace is the proxy group

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'd be willing to bet the US Army has plans for war with Texas if we dig deep enough. Look back to 19880-81 and the fiasco of Operation DesertEagle I believe it was... trying to rescue the hostages. We could have used a base on land to ensure success. Now we have 2...Iraq and Afghanistan.
And we may soon have a third one in Iran. Why not? Look at the neighbors and potential conflicts there in the next 20 years. Depite our whorring ourselves out to China, we see the threat they pose and they know we know... turn the map upside down and look at China. US Allies Japan/S.Korea to the east, Afghanistan to the west, Taiwan to the south...no wonder china sometimes feels paranoid.
The rising threat of Russia...we cover their whole southern front. we even counter their formation of the CSTO. Israel on the Mediterannean, Iraq south of Caucaus, Afghanistan and soon to be Iran south of the -anistan countries.
How about a major conflict between Pakistan-India. Right in the middle of things. I don't like war, but I do like a secure country... maybe I'm giving them too much credit. Oh well...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
All of the previous posts fail to mention we are technically at war already with Iran under international law. Iran violated international law by seizing the American Embassy which they still occupy and this is considered an act of war. We retaliated by seizing their assets in US banks.

Iran has threatened to close off the Straits of Hormuz if attacked or if hard sanctions are applied. They can't and they don't have the military power to back it up. Western naval power will see to that if they have to sink or destroy every ship on Iran's coasts.

If war with Iran erupts it will be a short war. The West will drop a couple of nukes and Iran will surrender just like Japan did under the threat of total annihilation. Iran's government will be changed and the radical revolutionary guards overthrown. History tends to repeat itself and I don't see as an exception.

The smart thing for Iran is not to build any WMDs so they don't give anyone a reason to open a shooting war in place of an undeclared war which exists.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by airforce47

You think that the US could get away with use of tactical nukes just because we want to cripple their government? It doesn't work that way. When's the last time a nuclear weapon was actually used on a country?

In order for us to have the political backing to nuke them, they would have to have struck the US. That's where the false flag comes into the equation.

It's kind of funny that you say "history repeats itself". HELLLOO?? How can you say that right after you say that we will defeat them quickly and easily. Have you paid attention to Afghanistan or Iraq?? The wars have been going close to a decade. Your right. History WOULD repeat itself.

Also I am judging by your name that you're in the Air Force. I think this leaves you a little biased. You think that USA is a Goliath in this case, which we are, but the power and weaponry of the Iranian military forces shouldn't be underestimated. It's not the same as Iraq, they are much larger with better weaponry, better ground to air missiles, better fighter jets, maybe even some submarines. Who knows. Not to mention they are not scared of death. They pray to die fighting defending their country.

Fearless well equipped soldiers on their home turf are a tough bunch to defeat.

They are different than Japan. Japan was at war for logistical reasons, but they were Godless people that were scared of death and destruction. Iran is a whole different story, it's actually part of their religion to be fearless and fight to the death in defense of their country. They would not give up as easily as the Iraqis, or the Japanese.

Like you said, the only way to make "quick work" of them would be tactical nukes. But that would require a false flag, either on us or Israel. Considering the U.S. is much larger, with a "few cities to spare", I'm betting it will be here.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by airforce47

You make a good point. I remeber that technically we were already at war with Iran though and we still declared war all over again. After Desert Storm/Desert Shield the Iranians signed a treaty which included the stipulations not to fly aircraft past certain lines but continued to do so for years after the treat was signed and we never did anything. Then Mr Bush came up with WMD's as a reason to go back in when really Iran had vilated the treaty from the get go and we could have blasted them without that excuse and have been justified so I never understood that excuse.

As for ripping thru Iran...kind of like we been ripping thru Afghanistan? That is not working too well and by all accounts its a ragtag group using our own outdated weapons against us. Iran is a pretty modern country and does have the might of Russia nad China at least by words behind them. I do believe we would give them a heck of a fight and eventually take them down but how many lives would that cost us?

I think we will probably use Israel or talk the other arab countries into doing something. I don't think nukes would be involved and hope not as we have a lot of men and women and resoureces in the area ourselves and that would pretty much doom the area for quite awhile even if it was low yield. Israel would be pretty dumb to do that as well as they are in the area themselves and fallout is dependent on the winds. Conventional war means more money in the bank for the TPTB and the big companies that make all the toys.

As for a false flag event...Don't really see that as they are making their case without the need for something to happen here. And the people of Irean seem to be pretty mad right now themselves. More likely throw some money at the opposition and encourage them thru the CIA's operations maybe something like Bay of Pigs. Time will tell but I hope its all tough guy words on both parts as I don't think we can handle it right now. The military is tired and ready to stay home for awhile.

new topics

top topics

join