It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Only Afterlife Fears Are?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SideWynder
medical science has a theory that NDE's. are nothing more than your brain "shutting down" and the reaction of differing bodily chemicals at work..

Scientists are really stuck in their materialistic paradigm - totally box thinkers, imo.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Excellent!!!!! very eloquently put.... I feel the same way.. but alas, if reicarnation is true, I am rather pissed!!!!! I don't want to try, and try again. whilst forgetting what I knew before..

To me that is a huge ripoff... some say that you must better yourself by going through life several times, hopefully increasing your knowledge and humanity at each stage..

and that you have a "soulmate" well what if I screw up? what if I never meet my "soulmate" yet I still fall in love with another?? what happens when I return to my "true self" and find that I have back slid, or find that I had "feelings" for a "new" soul, that now thinks that I am the end all be all??

To me that would not be just.. not at all..

But back to what you posted, I agree, "grab life, and Live it!!!" appreciate every moment, even the bad ones...

I am not afraid of dying, I was Blown up, I was in agony for almost a year, I am not afraid of pain, eventually it will pass.. (plus good drugs.. LOL) I am afraid though that this is it.... nothing more, nothing after...

[edit on 10-1-2010 by SideWynder]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SideWynder

I very much hope that there is reincarnation- Why would I want to live in absolute paradise for an eternity? I don't know about you... but I'd get kind of bored being dead

From what I've heard... it seems that when it comes to your soul mate, most of the time you will meet them, and know that he/she is your soulmate.

According to Michael Newton's research, before we reincarnate, we are forced to subconsciously remember certain cues in our soon-to-be life that will flick on a switch in our head and help us in the right direction.

He uses example, for soul mates, such as: A certain smell, the sound of his/her laugh, a certain ring or necklace they are wearing; all of these will give your subconscious a cue to move in.

Of course there is still free will, but apparently it takes a lot of effort to miss these cues; few people ever mess up. Chances are, right now you are living the kind of life you intended yourself to live, generally speaking.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I thank you for your response, As far as reincarnation goes, It is an intriguing concept,(as are alot of "after life" theories)

And I would consider myself to be very arrogant to dismiss reincarnation out of hand..(as I am rather ignorant on the subject)

But, if I am "generally living the life I chose" when this one is over I really need to punch myself in the head several times for choosing it!!!! LOL

Wait, maybe I did that after my last reincarnation, and that addled my brain so much I picked this one... LOL

I am not making fun of you or your beliefs, just trying to throw some humor in, if it makes someone smile or chuckle that would be great..

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well an afterlife doesn't exist imo. But i guess my biggest fear of an afterlife is...an afterlife! The whole premise disgusts me and is thankfully just superstition. If not i hope there is an opt-out option.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Would you please elaborate as to why the concept of an afterlife disgusts you?

I am interested in your feelings on this because I have the exact oppsite fear..

I truly fear that there is no type of afterlife at all.. If there is nothing, that scares me more than any type of "hell" that might be awaiting me..

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
Afterlife is Death...nobody will be fearful of anything, because they will be dead.

Find me a corpse that comes back to life out of the Grave...not an operating table, but a coffin 6 feet down dawn of the dead style...and I will question fear....

Peace

Socrates was dead for 3 days before coming back, There is one case of this guy that was dead for 28 days I think and came back to life..

There are countless cases where people who were dead and in the morgue that came back to life.. There was this one case where these old lady was about to be emolmbed and right before they was going to suck her insides out she woke up..

There are plenty upon plenty of cases where people have died and revived on thier own days later.

"I don't mind dying, I just don't want to be their when it happens"
Ya this is bad also... Never know how your going to die..

[edit on 1/15/2010 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If reincarnation is true, karma is doubtless what scares me the most

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
My biggest fear is not existing, which is the most likely thing to happen when we die.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I believe the universe, no matter how many dimentions there are, has a tendency to ballence itself out. For what ever post-mortum fate I face, if my current incarnation, gigg, or whatever has an impact on when and under what conditions I come back, I might be facing a problem.

I always tried to treat others with respect, thats always been very important to me. But I also have had one hell of a wild and fun life. I started with great parents, and had more fun that is decent at the same time I made more money then God. Yes, I did give a lot off it away. I also indulged numerous passions. In time, I'l find out.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
My main worries would be I come back to a planet full of ABS posters at every corner, who scream conspiracy, CGI! come up with these spooky little what happened to me stories, claim to see into the future, or KNOW where they are going when they die, and offer NO FUGGIN PROOF!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join