It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Global Warming picture to end all debate.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I have taken a great deal of time and expended lots of energy in order to reduce the global warming hoax in a way that even Trig Palin gets.

Behold.

Click for bigger

Couple this with known facts:

IPCC has been massaging data.

The last few years show a cooling trend.

CO2 is an effect, not a cause.

Debate over.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by watcher73]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This is my favorite.
www.globalwarmingart.com...

It shows the last 65 million years and the area in blue in the right lower corner shows the incressing warming and cooling cycle we are in now.

It also shows that overall the last million years is the coldest average period in the last 65 million.
The global warmer are taking a very short time span and trying to make it look like global warming.

The term climate change it made totally bogus by this chart.

The best part is this chart is from a pro global warming site.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Let me get this straight...

In a forum where the mods have been clamping down on people engaging in warming/anti-warming debate in threads not specifically for it not a single person responds in a thread inviting it?

Epic win.

Mods,
/debate
/thread

And all future threads to the hoax forum.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by watcher73]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
O man seriously.

like seriously what is wrong with everybody I cannot stand this anymore.

First off lets have a little science review.

What is crude oil.

Petroleum (L. petroleum, from Greek πετρέλαιον, lit. "rock oil") or crude oil is a naturally occurring, flammable liquid consisting of a complex mixture of hydrocarbons of various molecular weights, and other organic compounds, that is found in geologic formations beneath the earth's surface. -Wikipedia

So it is composed of various hydrocarbons and organic compounds that were formed from organic matter (plants and animals) from millions of years ago after being exposed to heat and pressure over millions of years. Hydrocarbons are chains of carbon with hydrogen surrounding them, and organic compounds are mostly carbon based. Essentially what we get is CONCENTRATED CARBON. (yes I have taken organic chemistry)

So say hypothetically we were to remove millions of tons of this concentrated carbon from underground, burn it, and release its waste (C02) into the air. Do you SERIOUSLY believe that there would be no negative consequences whatsoever? Life goes on business as usual were all ok woohoo yay yippe cheerio?

It is currently estimated that we release around 70 million tons of C02 into the air EVERY DAY.

O here I have a little experiment for everyone to try out.

Get 2 empty water bottles, 2 thermometers, and some C02. Place one thermometer in each bottle and then fill 1 with C02 and the other with regular air. Leave them out in the sun for a few hours and come check the temperature later. The bottle filled with C02 WILL be hotter, simply because the molecular characteristics of carbon allow it to trap heat more effectively than plain air.

All this takes is a little common sense people. The climate is incredibly diverse and it will try to handle everything we throw at it. We are not going to get a simple everything gets a little warmer trend, im sorry but its not that simple. Some places will get hotter, others will get colder. Storms will be more intense. Its all about ENERGY. Heat = energy, more heat in the air, more energy in the air, more evaporation, more intense storms, more intense cold fronts, etc. Why is the majority of the planet in a cold spell right now?

I cant give you a full answer, but nobody can. What I can tell you all is that there WILL be negative repercussions for what we are doing and that no matter what you think, putting 70 million tons (and increasing every year) of C02 into the air everyday will do something. WAKE UP people.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Dude all that hot air you just spouted sped GW up by at least 1 degree C.

/thread means its done.

are all you guys 800 years late to the party?

edit: get it, like co2

[edit on 11-1-2010 by watcher73]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i love the way you insult my intelligence and then ignore everything i said.

Do you think that that chart proves anything? We JUST started burning coal. That chart shows changes happening over the course of millions of years. Im sorry but everything relevant to "global warming" has been happening for the past hundred years or so. That chart is inadequate at proving anything thats happening right now. What is happening is UNPRECEDENTED in the history of the planet and is artificial.

And to your remark about co2 being an effect, not a cause. What causes the water bottle filled with c02 to get hotter? O yah the c02 inside the bottle my bad.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeeceFleece
i love the way you insult my intelligence and then ignore everything i said.

Do you think that that chart proves anything? We JUST started burning coal. That chart shows changes happening over the course of millions of years. Im sorry but everything relevant to "global warming" has been happening for the past hundred years or so. That chart is inadequate at proving anything thats happening right now. What is happening is UNPRECEDENTED in the history of the planet and is artificial.

And to your remark about co2 being an effect, not a cause. What causes the water bottle filled with c02 to get hotter? O yah the c02 inside the bottle my bad.

Because your world is like a tiny bottle filled with co2.

Unprecedented? Better look at my winning graph again. It's labeled "Hell". Then there is a spot that has lower co2 than now and it was actually cooler...for 20k years about.

There are quite a few times its been hotter than now and still froze right on schedule.

We JUST started burning COAL yet its been getting hotter for 18k years right on schedule. Even with the co2 we add we havent come close to touching the natural high point it has reached before...many times.

That chart doesnt show millions of years.

You cant even get the simple things right,

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It is truly sad to hold onto something even after it is dead for so long. You may not be the brightest crayon in the box but you do seem nice. Go and get a hobby or maybe a girlfriend or boyfriend. But to be honest if this not a joke you may want to take a real deep inward look. And I am not just trying to hurt you by saying that like I said you seem like you are nice.

Global warming is a HOAX the math does not add up. Personal truth is not facts it is truth and truth is just like my name. And to all of the other warmers out in ATS land take a good hard look at this poster and then take a good hard look in the mirror.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73

Because your world is like a tiny bottle filled with co2.

no but that experiment demonstrates the molecular qualities of c02

Unprecedented? Better look at my winning graph again. It's labeled "Hell". Then there is a spot that has lower co2 than now and it was actually cooler...for 20k years about.

There are quite a few times its been hotter than now and still froze right on schedule.

We JUST started burning COAL yet its been getting hotter for 18k years right on schedule. Even with the co2 we add we havent come close to touching the natural high point it has reached before...many times.

how can you seriously believe that what is happening has happened before? Is there something wrong with you? Those increases and changes happened over very long periods of time, as opposed to whats happened in recent history.

That chart doesnt show millions of years.

You cant even get the simple things right,

o im sorry i meant to say hundreds of thousands of years. I guess me missing one point makes me incorrect on every other one right?

I forgot humans have been around for hundreds of thousands of years putting up c02 into the air.

that chart is the result of NATURAL cycles. we are currently dealing with an artificial incease in c02, something thats never happened before. Since this has never happened before your amazing win graph is null and void. It only describes things as they happened naturally. Im sorry but we are not dealing with a natural case right now. We are currently taking up concentrated carbon from underground and releasing into the air en masse. If you dont think that will have any consequences, then you my friend, are an idiot.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GeeceFleece

Bravo Geece! Your breif and simple explanation and experiement are an easy to understand method of teaching the blind what is really going on. By the blind I mean those people who think that because someone, anyone, is making a dime off climate changes then the whole thing must be a hoax! Of course polititians and world leaders are making something off global warming/climate change, they are polititians, , but they doesn't mean it isn't happening. I am old enough to have already seen effects to the earth, and recently it is speeding up it seems. It will not go away. Wake up people!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
It is truly sad to hold onto something even after it is dead for so long. You may not be the brightest crayon in the box but you do seem nice. Go and get a hobby or maybe a girlfriend or boyfriend. But to be honest if this not a joke you may want to take a real deep inward look. And I am not just trying to hurt you by saying that like I said you seem like you are nice.

Global warming is a HOAX the math does not add up. Personal truth is not facts it is truth and truth is just like my name. And to all of the other warmers out in ATS land take a good hard look at this poster and then take a good hard look in the mirror.

I would like to give a little background of myself since im new posting here. I have shown up to view these boards for years now because I find them interesting, but I have never posted before. I am currently getting my Ph. D in Molecular and Cellular Biology at the University of Houston. go coogs. Anyways I am not a dull individual.

The reason I posted in this topic was because I feel a great deal of the people here are being misled by threads such as this one. You just dont understand the time, energy, and passion put into studies based on climate change by scientists. I understand how you guys may not want to believe what you hear in the mainstream, but sometimes thats the way it is. Why is it that the vast majority of scientists believe climate change is happening AND manmade? Thats because they spent a large part of there life pouring over textbooks, pulling all nighters to pass that test, working endless nights to finish there thesis on climate cycles, etc. These scientists have a real passion for there work and should not be ignored. The vast majority of them are good people and are not attempting to deceive.

With that statement im done here. It obvious that the majority here like to believe in the opposite of any position the mainstream takes no matter what. Have fun wallowing in ignorance, Peace

[edit on 11-1-2010 by GeeceFleece]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Lets me respond to your post I do not need a PHD to see there is something very wrong with the global warming movement let me list a few and because you are soooo smart please could you answer each one for me and if you could leave out the big words I would appreciate it.

I would like to know how much has the earth warmed in the last 10 years and could you provide links so I could see it and I am not saying I don't trust you I just like to see it with my own eyes. And why would all of the scientists lie? I am talking about climate gate and do you believe they are wrong for doing so? please if you could answer the questions I have I would be much more open minded thank you

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
yes . . . let's get rid of CO2, so the plants can't convert it to oxygen for us . . . never mind the fact that it will cool the planet, making the tropical rain forests and (which is about 50% of our oxygen source) die off.

Here is some good reading for you "climate change" hacks

Link.

You have been served . . . not once, but twice in one thread.

Congratulations.

[edit on 1/11/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ok this is my first post on this subject (and I have been dieing to post something on this for months now)..

Here is the only real global warming that we need to really be concerned about.
Rev 16:8 ¶ And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
Rev 16:9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

Now dont get me wrong here ..I also believe that man has contributed to many problems that our earth and nature are going through right now ...and we may in the end be held accountable for it ...by suffering the consequences as it becomes more and more unstable because of mans many inventions and need for idols (Forests completely stripped of trees to build new houses etc etc etc etc ).We have messed with the balances of nature .just like we have messed with everything else in creation .And we will pay dearly for it someday (sooner than later).

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2Pe 3:11 [Seeing] then [that] all these things shall be dissolved, what manner [of persons] ought ye to be in [all] holy conversation and godliness,

2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

PS I am not an earth worshipping tree hugging new ager ...but I have a certain respect for nature and I give it the respect it deserves by doing my best not to abuse it and certainly do not support those who do not care about it all .(Those who want to make money etc off of its resources at the expense of nature itself)

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Simplynoone]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Lets me respond to your post I do not need a PHD to see there is something very wrong with the global warming movement let me list a few and because you are soooo smart please could you answer each one for me and if you could leave out the big words I would appreciate it.

I would like to know how much has the earth warmed in the last 10 years and could you provide links so I could see it and I am not saying I don't trust you I just like to see it with my own eyes. And why would all of the scientists lie? I am talking about climate gate and do you believe they are wrong for doing so? please if you could answer the questions I have I would be much more open minded thank you

First off I dont have Ph D....yet, but I will, but its still not in anything really climate related.

Secondly, climategate was a joke buddy, not literally intended as a joke but its considered ridiculous by any scientist with half a brain. Do you really believe that thousands of climate-related scientists are involved in some sort of giant global conspiracy to make you use solar cells?

Anyways I DID say I was done with this thread but Il just give one more post. I dont feel like wasting a whole bunch of time typing here since I cant really get through to anybody so heres a few links.

www.sciencedaily.com...
www.sciencedaily.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

ehh dont feel like doing an actual article search, I really only use PubMed and thats for medical articles but heres a general reference if you guys want to do further research.

www.sciencedaily.com...

now I say to you sir, good day

[edit on 11-1-2010 by GeeceFleece]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Well I kind of figured you would dodge the questions and I love how you use you degree that you have not even earned that has nothing to do with the subject to garner favor you are pathetic to say the least. And I hate to tell you but the IPCC is full of Sh*t. Well maybe you try your higher than now I have a almost have a degree in something with someone else.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I understand that you see what you want to see friend. I love the way you distort my posts and attack me instead of my logic. Read all my links and do more research on the subject. Now I believe I said good day

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
"G"Day Wise Ones.

Just a thought, How many tons of Co2,CFC's, Methane and so forth do all the Volcano in the world spew out each year?

Im not up with all the volcanic stuff, but I was just thinking if they do exspell the so called bad stuff, would'nt a realy big erruption affect the O zone?

Just a thought.

Blessed Be: Kernoonos...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
So what was the temperature of the bottle filled with normal air, the air we all breath? bad experiment, of course undiluted CO2 will heat up, but the earth is NOT surrounded with pure CO2, we would all be dead/not here to start with.

<<   2 >>

join