It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm only four

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I’m only four

The kitty, she paws at Raggedy Ann’s red woolly hair, I giggle and realize I shouldn’t be here; Miss Sally will find me and scream in my ear, I run to the door but she isn’t there, skipping back to the window I sit down on the floor, Miss Sally, she blames me, for it all, I don’t know why, I’m only four.
Do you like my new pinafore? Someone made it for me, for our special day out, I don’t know what she looked like, but I think she was nice.
See that place over there the latch in the wall, I go there with kitty when I hear Miss Sally call.
Miss Sally she scares me, I was just chasing kitty in here is all, trying to catch her when I heard the roar. Miss Sally was screaming, I think she got hurt.
I play here all day with kitty and Ann. I just watch and make sure Miss Sally’s not around.
Look down in this hole, there is a room down there, I sometimes look down it, but its just black and broken, there’s nothing there. There are stairs to get down there, ill show if you like, we must make sure Miss Sally isn’t there, and that she’s not in sight. See that way? There...past that door? The stairs catch on fire and kitty and me, we won’t go there anymore, that’s where Miss Sally stays, she likes it there. She runs through the halls shouting and making me scared.
Oops my hem is on fire again; see, I just brush it out.
Shh she is coming we must hide in the wall, come kitty we must sit quiet n all.

1920’s Country News clipping, headline reads: Fire leaves many out of work.

Yesterday’s fire at the nearby Mill has left many without work.
Workers from the mill were caught off guard as smoke billowed from an unmanned machine located on the factories ground floor.
No accusations of arson have arisen as such and local authorities are still investigating as to whether or not the two that are missing were actually inside the building at the time.
Witness said that the school mistress and one of her pupils had been heard on the upper level at the time of the explosion, but due to the panic and fluster of those interviewed one cannot be sure.
The School had organized with the factories owner for its annual day trip. The class consisting of twelve pupils aged between four and nine. In a statement by one of the children’s father, he said that it was common for teachers to take the children out of the classroom and into the real world, so they could learn what was to be expected of them in the future.
Mr. Miller. The factories owner, said he wasn’t sure when workers would be back on the job, let’s wait for the insurance people to finish there review first shall we.
Officials agree that Mr. Miller has been currently looking at real-estate abroad and that this incident has nothing what’s so ever to do with that.

Hope you enjoyed my first little ghost story. All content is fiction including the news article. Enjoy and please excuse my grammar and punctuation as this is my first story I have ever written.
insperation came from this photo

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb7ae0fbc5c7.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Nice one.
I enjoyed it.
I was a bit disappointed when it ended, but that was only because it ended too soon. I would have liked it to have been longer.
Thanks.
Looking forward to your next one.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

I’m glad you liked it; I will try to write a longer story sometime in the future.
I have many ideas for stories, but I must admit if I wrote them, they would need an editor to go over them. And sadly editors don’t come cheap. And they don’t fix up problems in the story they just give you pages of what is right and what is wrong and they don’t fix up punctuation.
This is a quote from a writer’s guild website.

Because agents and book editors nowadays are quite particular about the manuscripts they will look at—manuscripts have to be properly formatted, well-presented, with no spelling mistakes and with proper grammar. Gone are the days when editors will fix these things for the writer.
So sadly what i write would probably be unreadable, but ill give it a go

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
reply to post by Illegal Alien

I’m glad you liked it; I will try to write a longer story sometime in the future.
I have many ideas for stories, but I must admit if I wrote them, they would need an editor to go over them. And sadly editors don’t come cheap. And they don’t fix up problems in the story they just give you pages of what is right and what is wrong and they don’t fix up punctuation.
This is a quote from a writer’s guild website.

Because agents and book editors nowadays are quite particular about the manuscripts they will look at—manuscripts have to be properly formatted, well-presented, with no spelling mistakes and with proper grammar. Gone are the days when editors will fix these things for the writer.
So sadly what i write would probably be unreadable, but ill give it a go

It's amazing what you can achieve when you open yourself up to the untapped amount of potential, clamoring for our attentions, on the internet.

I also enjoyed the story! Very evocative I found!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I am defiantly not clamering for any attention, if that is what you are implying.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
No
the person means it's good to read and you can not put it down or stop reading; it is clamoring for our attention. Nothing else matters but reading and seeing where it goes, or in your case writing. Nothing else will pull you away from writing; the story is clamoring for your attention. "write me! Write me! Don't do anything else but write (or read) me"

that's what they meant.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

phew lol i thought i was stepping on someones toes there for a minute lo
Thank you for explaing it to me

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hi Whateva - I enjoyed your story very much. I even read it twice just for the enjoyment of it. I'm sure you will write longer ones and I look forward to reading them.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

Oh hey tsawyer2 I can’t even remember why I wrote this lol.

I have one other short story here on ATS The Silver Tea Pot

I'd like to know what you think of it, your posts are fair and i get a big smile on my face when i see members i like in the forums.

lol its probably kind of silly, but its like a wave in real life

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
reply to post by tsawyer2

Oh hey tsawyer2 I can’t even remember why I wrote this lol.

I have one other short story here on ATS The Silver Tea Pot

I'd like to know what you think of it, your posts are fair and i get a big smile on my face when i see members i like in the forums.

lol its probably kind of silly, but its like a wave in real life

Thanks for pointing me to the other thread Whateva....I left my thoughts on that one there

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

It really does not matter what these people think, all that matters is what you think. And what is that?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhateverHappens

It really does not matter what these people think, all that matters is what you think. And what is that?

To answer to your question : I think it matters what other people think about different things.
It would be pretty lonely for me if I just read my own posts

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhateverHappens

I think Whateva asked me what I thought because her and I are learning that we respect each others opinions and enjoy each others posts.

top topics

join