It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Medieval/Fantasy/Magic Collaboration WRITTERS NEEDED!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

In standard form you need the Hero, storyline etc. or are you looking more for an epic wherein characters rise and fall within the sum tale?

This is an EPIC. Characters will rise and fall, and this way it is easier if some writters want to leave we can simply have new ones come in to replace them.

As the leaders of the city choose who is to be the guardian, then if any of the currenty guardians decide to leave, we can just kill them off and then write in depth about the choosing process.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well now that I gobbled up some role-playing last nite, I have a question. What do you have so far for the dragon warriors? Also what have you envisioned for the dragons themselves?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Well now that I gobbled up some role-playing last nite, I have a question. What do you have so far for the dragon warriors? Also what have you envisioned for the dragons themselves?

I only have one Dragon Warrior selected. That the one of Water, so he's no longer up for grabs.

For the dragons they are ancient, hundreds or thousands of years old, they have their own personalities and they are bonded to the Warrior.

Not all the dragons have been discovered yet, some can be harder to bond with than others. It's up to the writter to decide whether they will go on a quest to find and bond with their dragon or whether that has already been accomplished.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I found a few interesting links and a book suggestion.

This is of course myself only trying to assist everyone.

I have seen many talented people post some beautiful stories.

Thousands of Fantasy Names (Australia Website)

Fantasy Worldbuilding Resources

Historical Clothing Realm

Museum Replicas

How to Write Killer Fiction: The Funhouse of Mystery & the Roller Coaster of Suspense

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5be14bfaf5ab.jpg[/atsimg]

Booklist : Amazon Review :

*Starred Review* Here, for writers itching to get started (but not quite sure how), is one of the most useful recent guides to crafting words into stories.

The author, whose mystery fiction has won a handful of awards, customizes her guide for writers of detective fiction and suspense (although her discussions of plotting and character creation will be valuable to all would-be scribblers, regardless of their chosen genre).

Wheat begins with an insightful discussion of the distinction between mystery and suspense--each plays to a different part of the reader's imagination and expectations--and then devotes a section to each genre.

She offers up plenty of useful tips, such as how to dispense vital information in subtle ways and how to plant clues without being too obvious about it.

Where the book really scores, however, is in Wheat's demonstration of how to construct a novel as a series of arcs, each designed to take the reader gracefully to a certain point in the story.

While covering similar territory, the sections on mystery and suspense approach the material from slightly different angles.

The final section, on the writing process, provides a nuts-and-bolts discussion of such fundamentals as outlining, revising, and finding the right voice for your story.

There are almost as many writer's guides on the market as there are struggling writers, but this one is indispensable.

David Pitt

Copyright © American Library Association.

I have the above book, and while I bought it, you might find it in the library.

No, these are not necessarily only for you, some of them are for me as well.

I just do not want anyone's feelings hurt because I know even I need assistance, sometimes.

I know I am a bit rusty on some of my Medieval, Fantasy, and Magic knowledge.

The Middle Ages, or "Dark Ages" were one of my favorite parts of history.

The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings got me into trouble as a teenager.

I have read each of J.R.R.Tolkein's masterpieces six times.

At age twelve, thirteen, and fourteen the school library had to force me to wait more time between reading them each time, because of limited copies of them.

I love reading.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

In standard form you need the Hero, storyline etc. or are you looking more for an epic wherein characters rise and fall within the sum tale?

This is an EPIC. Characters will rise and fall, and this way it is easier if some writters want to leave we can simply have new ones come in to replace them.

As the leaders of the city choose who is to be the guardian, then if any of the currenty guardians decide to leave, we can just kill them off and then write in depth about the choosing process.

~Keeper

That seems to be a better method
how many writers do you consider form a starting group? Count me in for a part.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I am interested, but not sure about the long-term commitment.

As a Druid, representing the Ancient Ones from the Otherworld, I
would be tasked to observe the "going-ons" in the City of Light,
and report my findings. I would realize that the "balance" must be
maintained, . . in short, . . . guard the Guardians.

What happens in the City of Light transcends many worlds.

Just a thought.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by SIEGE]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Okay, so that idea went over like a lead balloon.

Was I . . . too assertive ? It's okay, you can tell !

Ah, . . forgetitanyways.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE
Okay, so that idea went over like a lead balloon.

Was I . . . too assertive ? It's okay, you can tell !

Ah, . . forgetitanyways.

The entire idea seems to have died in the womb.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

Pity, I enjoyed Eragon, so I thought I would enjoy reading this. Well maybe it will still be a go?

Good luck all.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The ancient city, existing for millions of years, moved from star system to star system to avoid the burnout of the stars. Wars have been fought over it. Entire races lived and died protecting it.
The planet before this, destroyed to bare rocks in space. The continent it was once on, drifted into the south polar zone and now ice.
The city has had many names, the race of man had once called it Al-La-Tis.
Now shrouded in a cloak and moved to between dimensions by the Guardians, the city called out in hope of a future. It sent out connections to itself into space and time. ............

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It's still on, so long as I can get more people interested in writting. I can't really start this story without having at least 5 writters. Currently I only have about 3.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alttracks
The ancient city, existing for millions of years, moved from star system to star system to avoid the burnout of the stars. Wars have been fought over it. Entire races lived and died protecting it.
The planet before this, destroyed to bare rocks in space. The continent it was once on, drifted into the south polar zone and now ice.
The city has had many names, the race of man had once called it Al-La-Tis.
Now shrouded in a cloak and moved to between dimensions by the Guardians, the city called out in hope of a future. It sent out connections to itself into space and time. ............

Nice idea, but not what were looking for friend....my apologies.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hey, no problem. I was just attempting to provide a background that would allow for many story leads.
Are you looking for more of an online dungeons and dragons style, where everyone plays his part?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by alttracks

It's a collaborative, so yes everybody plays one role assigned to them and can create various NPC's as required.

Look up the Cryto Chronicles or the Space Opera, it would be in that format.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Descriptive character development or multi-level plot line?

The reason I ask is I'm better at one than the other.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by alttracks

Little bit of column a, little bit of columb B.

As a writter you would have a character could do as you please, but I along with a mod playing nature would introduce twists and turns for you to deal with.

It's an EPIC, which means it has no end.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It's still on, so long as I can get more people interested in writting. I can't really start this story without having at least 5 writters. Currently I only have about 3.

~Keeper

What about TheMythLives?

Or is he too busy with life off ATS?

I have not seen him for a while.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Fist person I send a U2U to...no response as of yet. He seems pretty damn busy. Shame too.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Fist person I send a U2U to...no response as of yet. He seems pretty damn busy. Shame too.

~Keeper

Do not forget there are those on ATS who know nothing about the "Writer" status.

If you find a member who is a well put together person, it might be wise to speak with masqua.

As for TheMythLives, I wish him well, and hope he comes back more often.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So where have you been for twelve days ?

Have you asked Masqua to recommend some writers ?

Or Worldwatcher ?

There are a bunch of good writers taking a coffee break in the
"Short Stories" forum.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join