It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Medieval/Fantasy/Magic Collaboration WRITTERS NEEDED!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

I am currently writting a book, have been for many years and am blocked. So, in light of that, and in order to light some fire under the writing forums I am going to be opening this collaborative writting thread for a new story.

The story will revolved around a central cast of characters, no more than a dozen I would think in a fictional world which I will give more details about later.

Here is the basic premise.

This is a story of a city, a fabled city of wonders. It's history spanning thousands of years. It has been destroyed and rebuild countless times, all in the name of balance.

Balance of the elements. The city of Light stands as a beacon in the southern continent of Morvada, beckoning those seeking power and glory to it's shores.

The guardians watch over this city, and it's inhabitants, ensuring that the balance of power in nature remains even.

The names of the places, the continents and the characters are a work in progress and we will discuss those later on.

The guardians are who I am need of writers for.

There are a total of 5 elemental guardians. Each of the following is open.

Water
Fire
Earth
Wind
Thunder

There are two more, one being Light, the other Darkness, I will play that of Darkness so the Light one is up for grabs although you will need to be a very experienced writer for this role as it will be very very elaborate.

There are also 5 slots for Dragon warriors, each possesing his/her own dragon corresponding with each of the 5 basic elements listed above.

I will write more details once I see there is sufficient interest in the story. Please leave your interests in this thread as well as a U2U. Please if you are going to take part, I will only accept if you are willing to commit to a long story.

History Of The Guardians

In the beginning, Guardians were chosen by Mother Earth herself. Every generation a child was born, and within that child, lied the power of an element.

These children were always beautiful, strong in character and natural leaders. However, the early days proved to be a time of great prejudice and fear against these people and they were hunted and persecuted.

Until a few banded together as adults and discovered their power. The power to control the very elements surrounding them. To create fire out of thin air, to make thunder crash to the ground and have that very ground tremble beneath people's feet.

After those days, they become very sought after. Magicians all over the world looked and hunted for these children, not to learn, but to use them as weapons. Attempting to harness their power for themselves.

Trying to find all the children every generation was a tiresome feat however. Never knowing where the next would pop up, one Arcane following sought to control who received the gifts of power from the land in an attempt to control the entire world.

His experiments eventually proved successfull, the cost however would seal his fate forever. Fusing the soul's of these chosen children into various gems of great worth, the Elemental Artifacts were created.

Today they sit in the city of light, protected by the Guardians. Those chosen to be the face of the balance that Mother Earth sought to keep.

Above is a work in progress history on the Guardians and their origins, perhaps this will draw a little more interest...

Hoping for the best!

~Keeper

[edit on 1/9/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Come on, I know there are some AMAZING writers who could contribute, even if you just want to be a lesser character, they can be created and worked into the story.

Please, the writing forums on ATS are taking a very big downfall and we need this part of the website. It's a wonderful thing to have, we should use it!

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Daily bump for interest.

I will be adding more to the story today to gather some interest, even if you do not have the writer status or have never written with ATS before, send me a writting sample in a U2U and I will get back to you.

If you can't post in this thread, you need writter status, send a U2U and I can help, please don't let it deter you from trying to join.

Any and all are welcome

~Keeper

[edit on 1/10/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
These are a huge part of the story, they are what create the magic inside this world and are some of the main story line components, each character will have some. They are extremely powerful in nature some more than others.

Here is a brief history.

The Artifacts

In the centuries following the first instances of magic in the realm, Scholars, Mages and Sorcerers began using the children of elements to create artifacts of vast power, weapons.

Some were used for good, such as the Water Sigil, a powerful healing artifiact greated by the native shamans of the Eroga Plains in the central continent.

Others, such as the Ring Of Flames were used to rain fire from the heavens and destroy all who who came before it.

The destructive and elusive nature of the artifacts was a cause of concern once the City Of Light was established. The Guardians therefore set out to collect, document and protect those artifacts which would impact the balance in a negative way.

This practice continues to this day..

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just for a heads up. This is VERY open ended. We are creating an ENTIRE WORLD here.

I have the basics of what I am looking for, but all ideas and suggestions are welcome. Cultures, cities, continents, anything to make this story immersive and massive.

Basic Races would include.

Humans
Elves
Dwarves
Halflings
Fey Creatures

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
OK, just humans inhabiting the place? These guardians what do their particular elemental links allow them to do? I like what I am seeing so far

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
OK, just humans inhabiting the place? These guardians what do their particular elemental links allow them to do? I like what I am seeing so far

The guardians control the element given to them. This can mean multiple different things.

The conjuring of that element. For example, the Guardian of Earth can create earthqukes, tremors, have magma rise from the ground.

However, he can also heal the earth, creating vast forests, moutain ranges etc..

As a Guardian you are also the General of your own army, this army can have it's weapons inbued by your power, using the Earth as example again you could create rock armor during battles etc...

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

So is it safe to say the Guardians are sought after by both the light and darkness? Or are they "Off-limits" by the light and dark?

You got any other takers?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Light and Darkness are the rulers of the city, jointly. I will play the Dark, it's a very intriguing story.

I do have one other who is interested, and I am just waiting on his reply.

It's not so much the Guardians who are sought after, but the Artifacts that the Guardians protect. They are simply an extension of the artifacts power.

You may invite any members who you think would do well or who would be interested, they just need to shoot me a U2U with a small writting sample and their position of choice.

~Keeper

[edit on 1/10/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
posting to add it to my active threads, bbs to help

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm definitely interested in becoming a part of this and I'm still interested in some of the other collaborative writings on ATS.

I'm not sure which character or anything, I'll edit this post later.

Just chiming in for now.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Fantastic, I am going to have some SUPREME talent in this.

Thanks for the thumbs up folks, and please keep them coming, i'd like this to be EPIC!

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It sounds interesting, but more background please. Not much of a fan of medieval fantasy genre. However, if you need help getting this off the ground, I will lend my support. I am kind of partial to an orc or goblin if that is available, or maybe an axe wielding dwarf. So, how do we begin?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Well, write up a sample of your character jake and send it to me via U2U. I have not worked in Orc or Goblin's yet.

As far as background just include your questions in the U2U and I will be happy to anwer them, like I said it's a work in progress and I dont' wanna divulge all of the information before it fully gets off the ground.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'll do the light character then if you like, the dark would be more fun indeed

May I make some sugessitions and ask some question pls.
The landsape is created, but the heros hourney needs to be fleshed out, if that is the classic story telling tale you wish to employ.

The protagonists need to overcome adversity , if they are guardians, then perhaps the story of how they became the guardians?
Or the stones are lost and they need to be found?
Who or What is the antagonsit?
And what is the adversity that sets the adventure tone?
Is it to maintain balanced control of these stones?

I actually like the other idea of the back story , and writing about the lkids who have the power now, did the power stop passing through the people when it was fused with the gems?

Perhaps a journey of the lost children/teens/whatever trying to find themselves and regain the balance from the gems? hmmmmm
quesiotn questions questions
Their ourney of coming to gether form being found and guided by tthe darkness or the light?

Need fleshing out of the actual heros tale

[edit on 10-1-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Come on, I know there are some AMAZING writers who could contribute, even if you just want to be a lesser character, they can be created and worked into the story.

Please, the writing forums on ATS are taking a very big downfall and we need this part of the website. It's a wonderful thing to have, we should use it!

~Keeper

I will agree the writing forums are a little thin, perhaps if we could have a pre-history synopsis of your ideas, location, period, groups, NPC's etc.

I guess I'm interested :>

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

The landsape is created, but the heros hourney needs to be fleshed out, if that is the classic story telling tale you wish to employ.

The protagonists need to overcome adversity , if they are guardians, then perhaps the story of how they became the guardians?

I actually like the other idea of the back story , and writing about the lkids who have the power now, did the power stop passing through the people when it was fused with the gems?

Perhaps a journey of the lost children/teens/whatever trying to find themselves and regain the balance from the gems? hmmmmm
Their ourney of coming to gether form being found and guided by tthe darkness or the light?

Need fleshing out of the actual heros tale

[edit on 10-1-2010 by zazzafrazz]

In standard form you need the Hero, storyline etc. or are you looking more for an epic wherein characters rise and fall within the sum tale?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Don't think i have forgotten about this keeper, i have a few document saved ready for posting within the next few, days.

I've mainly been working on developing my character: Masika, Water Guardian. Admittedly I was a little confused about the title of the character when writing that U2U sample, as i hadn't properly understood the distinction between the Dragon Warriors, and the Elemental Guardians. I think I understand it now though. And just to make sure, are you okay with me taking the Water Gauradian character?

I have also been working on a some ideas for the plot, but i think ill save them until all the characters have been developed.

One more question though, are we supposed to contribute in first person from our characters perspective?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Yes, I would love that Zazza, I had envisioned the Light Character to be a woman anyway. I'll send you a U2U with more details about that role.

The history and the lands are somewhat fleshed out and the heroes journey will be left to each individual writter.

I want each character to create a country or continent of origin, with a bck story to the character.

The story takes place roughly 5 centuries after the formation of the Stones. They are all found in the City of Light. All the guardians have been selected and are actively guarding the stones from invasion. More details about the initial story set later.

Nopes, they are all present for the moment. The city is built like a giant circle. Each Guardian has his own tower, the Stone sits on the top of the tower. Each tower can be seen firing a beam of light which is the color of the element into the middle tower of the city.

Together these 5 lights joining in the middle create a vast shield of energy around the city of light, making it glimmer and shine. It can be see from thousands of miles away, hence why it is named the City Of Light.

The antagonist is the rest of the world. Most of the other nations are jealous. They are amassing other artifacts of power in an attempt to take over the City of Light and rule the world. The Guardians protect the balance by making sure they are used for good and not for the sake of war and destruction.

The power did stop passing through people when it was fused with the gems. The leaders of the city, Light And Darkness, choose the person who will become the Guardian every generation. It will be fully explained in the OP of the actual story thread. The people are chosen on a basis of trials, combat, magical capabilities etc..

I do like the idea of them being young and attempting to find themselves again. The light and Darkness are the defacto leaders, they would be adults and are aware of more history and secrets than the Guardians are as they would have been around for centuries. Light And Darkness have NEVER changed persons. They have ALWAYS been the same.

This is a work in progress and I do like your ideas very much, I hope this somewhat helps your questions....more to come today.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DizzyDayDream

And just to make sure, are you okay with me taking the Water Gauradian character?

I have also been working on a some ideas for the plot, but i think ill save them until all the characters have been developed.

One more question though, are we supposed to contribute in first person from our characters perspective?

Yes that role is for you my friend. All yours. And you may write from the perspective of your character.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join