It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What airport scanners really see

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
i seen them one mornig when the were first brout them out and they were saying their wasnt much call for them at the time. funny enoughe the terrorist comes to the rscue of thies machines. now were getting them all over the shop. yousd to think the majority of people would rufuse microchips but this is just us heading their step by step and we'll just about beg them for it to keep us safe. its not theis machines that bother me to much its whats next?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Everything I need to know about Christianity I learned from "The Crucible" and "The Nostradamus Effect".

Ignorance is bliss where wisdom is folly. And where idiotic fictional memes pose as reality. Dear Lord, please don't let this person vote ever again. He's delusional.

Amen.

Originally posted by whoshotJR
reply to post by Dasher

In some tribes you were stoned to death for looking at something the wrong way. In others they will kill their young for being born on the wrong days.

Times have changed as so has the world. Tribes didn't face flying and security measures like we do today or they would probably work towards the same measures we are putting in place.

The Bible is a whole different topic and one could argue that the power structures we see today were caused by organized religion. You could easily make the correlation that the bible is the reason we have the problems we currently do. The bible doesn't teach you to accept everyone for who the are it tells you that only the chosen religion will be loved by god and the rest will be burned in the fires of hell. That doesn't seem very accepting to me like what you are preaching.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
You all know the answer to these scanners ........ Lead Underwear!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I asked this question in another thread, but thought I'd repeat it here, to a different audience.

I would like to ask those who know much more about software than me, this question, which could end the dispute over the scanners. If I can pose it in an understandable manner.

Is it possible to have the scanner software examine each pixel of the image and compare them using preprogrammed parameters? If so, could the images only be made visible to a security screener, when a certain number of pixels fall within those parameters?

It appears to me that any potential contraband is visible, due to the lightness or darkness of the pixels, which compose that image. In other words, a metal weapon, such as a knife or gun, is seen as a darker image. A concealed powder or liquid is seen as a lighter image.

So, my idea is that if a person is scanned and no anomaly is detected, by the scanner's software, then no image is displayed on the screener's monitor. Then, everyone would just have to ensure they have nothing on their person, which would activate the software's preprogrammed alerts.

Does that make sense?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Yes and No. Long answer - No because it would cost even more money to develop and calibrate, and perhaps even time of each individual. You could actually take it further and if you're a repeat flyer, simply stand accordingly and allow the software to calibrate your "ID#" for future reference, so it is speedy in doing what you've suggested. Of course this still returns us to the original problem people have in the first place.

But the real reason why I would say no is because each body is different, and each person will have certain body marks that would "alert" the system to certain "anomalies." I may have a burn mark, making the pixel color darker on a certain part of me, or my body size may be different than "average" etc.

Personally I feel this should be done. If ANY thing in life has proven relative to anything, it's that people will complain REGARDLESS of what you do/accomplish. Airports do not implement this technology, people will continue to complain about the lack of security or the failure of the airport's security when another attack comes. If we implement this people will complain of violation of rights or what not, etc. In all honesty, EVERY thing advances in life. From technology to how thieves, terrorists, etc. approach their motive. Twenty years ago it was hidden firearms, ten years ago it was box cutters, soon it will become shoe laces, belts, and specialized clothing. There's no absolute to anything other than as "Good" increase their intelligence, so will the "Bad."

Originally posted by WTFover
I asked this question in another thread, but thought I'd repeat it here, to a different audience.

I would like to ask those who know much more about software than me, this question, which could end the dispute over the scanners. If I can pose it in an understandable manner.

Is it possible to have the scanner software examine each pixel of the image and compare them using preprogrammed parameters? If so, could the images only be made visible to a security screener, when a certain number of pixels fall within those parameters?

It appears to me that any potential contraband is visible, due to the lightness or darkness of the pixels, which compose that image. In other words, a metal weapon, such as a knife or gun, is seen as a darker image. A concealed powder or liquid is seen as a lighter image.

So, my idea is that if a person is scanned and no anomaly is detected, by the scanner's software, then no image is displayed on the screener's monitor. Then, everyone would just have to ensure they have nothing on their person, which would activate the software's preprogrammed alerts.

Does that make sense?

[edit on 11-1-2010 by FlashEng1]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crowned_Conquering
Airport scanners need to stop eye #1ng my huge package all the times....

You must be what.....12?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join