It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus and his hate for water!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
reply to post by Solasis

The fig thing is fun. I like this story in that the fig tree represents us...people. We have the potential to bear fruit. Yet so many don't. You can recognize a tree by the fruit it bears. Good trees bear good fruit, bad trees bear bad fruit. So what kind of tree bears no fruit. A DEAD TREE.
God expects us to bear fruit lest we suffer the same fate as the figtree.

The problem, though, is that the fig tree was OUT OF SEASON. It wasn't just dead, it was out of season.

Also, to "just some thoughts" -- wut

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I found most of your reply's hilarious, especially the fig tree incident. $tar for good input.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

the way i see it is the fig tree is the people the ones that spread the word and bear fruit wil enter the kingdom of heaven the ones that dont will wither and die

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
Hello ATS. After many reply's from a thread I made not too long ago, I had made a discovery about Jesus and his dislike of water. In biblical times, Jesus could walk on water and turn water into wine, but why out of all liquids would he turn water into wine and not just keep it the way it is, besides the wedding incident. Notice in the bible he walks on water instead of in it for perhaps certain reasons along with turning water into Jesus juice. The possibe secret may have been that he hated not the water itself but what was in the water, the fish. From what I heard in the thread I made not too long ago, Jesus had made the Nile river flow with blood that killed all the fish. Lets not forget as well that Jesus has numerous signs that have fish symbolism next to his name like "Jesus live" or backwards last word "evil Jesus" for his crime against fish. Now I know that I am somewhat ignorant in religion, but could it be possible that Jesus may of had a tramatic childhood involving both fish and water that was not written in the bible. Also note that when he walked on water, it symbolizes him trampling on the fish itself as the water as well. I would like to know what you people think and I always welcome any input you might have on this subject.

Dude he was God in the flesh. No way he could be afraid of anything.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Jesus did not hate.

Therefore, he did not hate water, he did not hate fish...he did not hate anything.

Hate is where the devil, Lucifer, evil spirits or whatever you call them, reign.

Jesus is all about love. So why do we hate Him? (I don't. I love Jesus. But I love Him for myself, not for trying to preach to anyone).

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Maybe you are jealous because you don't know how to walk on water?
Man, it's easy.
That's an old trick!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Op
your a lunatic

What have you been snorting ?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Takka

Most likely JP8 fumes and sandstorm dust but other then that, Jesus never cured my insanity that comes with boredom of this place.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Man, you have issues with Jesus and the water

I cannot really say but the same I said on the Jesus juice thread, that the water has symbolic meaning.

I am not giving out extended explanation of water symbolism, but there are today more than ever fellas that can 'walk upon it', as there are people who are in danger of drowing since they can barely swim.

Water composes of 2 distinct explosive gases, oxygen and hydrogen.

-v

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

The more we explore about Jesus, the more we find out if he actually existed or made Jesus juice out of spite for water, but I agree that walking on water is impossible unless it was frozen.

Edit: Some animals I know can run on water like a certian type of gekko but thats pretty much it.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Friend, Jesus walked on water as a miracle and a demonstration of faith to his disciple Peter... if he believed he could walk on water, then he could. Just a reaffirmation of having the faith of a tiny mustard seed which grows into a mighty tree, we can accomplish most anything.
The miracle of turning water into wine was Jesus' first miracle and it was at a wedding feast, a time of celebration, and a demonstration of His power. It was also quite a significant amount, also.
Further, it is through a baptism of water...a symbol of cleansing and submission to God, that we are made whole.
As for fish...it was a food source, many of his followers were fishermen, and the fish is central to many of the parables and miracles Jesus demonstrated...ie miracvle of feeding the 5000, feeding the 7000, feeding the disciples on the shore of Galilee, fishing on Galillee and not catching fish..."cast your nets on the other side" and suddenly catching fish, and of course, be "fishers of men"...be followers of Jesus and evangelize.
There was no hatred of water or fish... read His word, the Bible, and you shall see.

Hi AlreadyGone/
Well said!
It was His first miracle and also because as you clearly said ''A Feast,celebration of the wedding, that water was turned into wine....
The Theotokos(Mother of God)was at this wedding,the people celebrating did not have enough wine to celebrate with all the guests,so the Theotokos asked Jesus Christ if He could help....Jesus answered...''My hour has not yet come''

The first miracle performed by Jesus Christ, at the wedding feast in Cana of Galilee, gives us an insight into the great kindness of His Mother and into Her influence on Her Son.
These qualities made Her a powerful intercessor for all Christians, especially for those who suffer or are oppressed. Having noticed a shortage of wine at the wedding feast, the Blessed Virgin drew the attention of Her Son to that fact, and though the Lord answered Her cryptically "What is it to Me and You Woman?
My hour has not yet come," She was not discouraged by this rebuke, being sure that Her Son would not ignore Her plea. She told the servants: "Whatever He tells you, do this." As can be seen from this forewarning to the servants, this undertaking would come to a favorable end.quote taken from

As many already have aready said...Water is a symbol of life as well as a means of cleansing, or purification, is of particular importance in Old Testament.
It was created on the first day (Genesis 1:2, 6-8).
There are many incidents in the Bible (Old and New Testament)for me to list,on the meaning of water...
The Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters (Genesis 1:2). The earth was founded upon the waters (Genesis 1:6-7, 9-10). God commanded the water to bring out an abundance of living souls (Genesis 1:20-21). In some sense the element is close to God (Psalms 17; 28:3; 76:17, 20; 103:3; 148:4).

HERE

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Water is often a symbol of emotion, maybe he made people drunk with spiritual highs and was above all emotion. Maybe they are all just stories to convince us that he was something more than man, which is sad to me, in a way, that we couldn't identify someone full of divinity and love without evidence.
We're still looking for miracles to prove that people who are obviously very exceptional are divine. Mother Teresa couldn't be a saint without a miracle. A 15 year old kid sitting in meditation day after day on end cannot be special until someone films him for a week straight not eating and drinking.

I hope if there's a satan incarnate, he comes with horns and a tail with the smell of brimstone and smoke in the air. Otherwise we'd all surely miss him.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Im pretty sure his Jesus juice got people loose and made lucifer quite jealous.
other then that water does hold some symbolism no matter how you view it. $tar for you.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I have another idea. Is walking on water the same concept if it is frozen? If so then that might explain why people think that Jesus can walk on water but never mention when he preformed this miracle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join