It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus and his hate for water!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hello ATS. After many reply's from a thread I made not too long ago, I had made a discovery about Jesus and his dislike of water. In biblical times, Jesus could walk on water and turn water into wine, but why out of all liquids would he turn water into wine and not just keep it the way it is, besides the wedding incident. Notice in the bible he walks on water instead of in it for perhaps certain reasons along with turning water into Jesus juice. The possibe secret may have been that he hated not the water itself but what was in the water, the fish. From what I heard in the thread I made not too long ago, Jesus had made the Nile river flow with blood that killed all the fish. Lets not forget as well that Jesus has numerous signs that have fish symbolism next to his name like "Jesus live" or backwards last word "evil Jesus" for his crime against fish. Now I know that I am somewhat ignorant in religion, but could it be possible that Jesus may of had a tramatic childhood involving both fish and water that was not written in the bible. Also note that when he walked on water, it symbolizes him trampling on the fish itself as the water as well. I would like to know what you people think and I always welcome any input you might have on this subject.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
Jesus had made the Nile river flow with blood that killed all the fish.

Ummm, no. Following is the only mention in the Bible of the Nile turning to blood that I know of. Now if Stop-loss can provide a passage of Jesus doing the same, guess I will be wrong.

Exodus 7:20 - And Moses and Aaron did so, as the LORD commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood.

Did Jesus even go to the Nile River in the Bible? I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
What Jesus REALLY hated were fig trees.

www.skepticsannotatedbible.com...

Mark 11:12-17 And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry: And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet. And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it. And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves; And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple. And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Even if Jesus existed, it is unimportant if he "hated" fish. Someone who hates fish simply doesn't eat it. He wouldn't go on a fish killing spree just for hating them.

On the other hand, if he did hate the fish, what is the significance of it? Don't get me wrong brother, the reason I am asking is because while I understand HOW you drove yourself to the conclusion that Jesus hated fish, I don't understand the WHY.

On a sidenote, if he is God, or at least son of God, he wouldn't have a need of killing the fish. So if he did kill the fish because he hated them, then he is no God. Therefore he wouldn't be able to walk on the water.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Simon Peter climbed aboard and dragged the net ashore. It was full of large fish, but even with so many the net was not torn. 12 Jesus said to them, "Come and have breakfast." None of the disciples dared ask him, "Who are you?" They knew it was the Lord. 13 Jesus came, took the bread and gave it to them, and did the same with the fish. 14 This was now the third time Jesus appeared to his disciples after he was raised from the dead.

15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?" (John 21:11-15)

He ate fish.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It was not uncommon for the ancients to prefer alcohol to water. It would have been more sanitary and safer to drink than untreated water. Exclusive water drinking is a relatively new idea, less than 200 years old.

It's seems like in those times food sanitation was huge. So huge that Jews and Muslims still don't eat what they consider unclean food. I suppose the same precautions carried over to their beverages.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I don't think that around the time of Jesus people would quench their thirst with wine. Wine was something they ate at feasts, or simply along with food. Actually it is a rather new idea to quench our thirst with anything BUT water. In ancient times when they were thirsty they'd simply drink water. Wine and spirits were drank along with food and while feasting. Milk and juice were drank as breakfasts, and teas mainly for therapeutic purposes.

Nowadays when we most people get thirsty they grab a soda or something from the fridge. We have more options, ancients didn't.

As far as it goes for unclean water, even back then they had techniques of purifying water. Well, of course before civilizations started occuring, people would just drink off the rain water that used to accumulate in pits. But back then it didn't really matter, people died at 25 years old probably.

At the time of jesus though, well water was passed through clean rags in order to filter and purify the water.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Oh wow.

That was hilarious.

SnF for you, my friend.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Lets skip past the guessing and study the origins of the faith to find your answers. When the ministry of this most modern sun-god character came into his ministry, the age was Pisces which is the references to fish all the time. When the character said to be born, it was the age of Aries the ram/lamb. See where lamb comes from? The sun reflects from the surface of water which is where walking on water first came from. When you mix the sun with rain water, it eventually becomes a popular fruit in its time the grape which was made into the popular wine. Water into wine, get it. All originating from the Sun god/worship, and Astrology. Bible means "Sun Book". I could go on for hours. Easy to explain when someones not blindfolded by the myths of religion. Some just dont see it yet, and most refuse to study it or their comforting house of cards will collapse and they will no longer have imaginary friends to be their crutch any more.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
What Jesus REALLY hated were fig trees.

www.skepticsannotatedbible.com...

Mark 11:12-17 And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry: And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet. And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it. And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves; And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple. And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

GOD HATES FIGS!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Friend, Jesus walked on water as a miracle and a demonstration of faith to his disciple Peter... if he believed he could walk on water, then he could. Just a reaffirmation of having the faith of a tiny mustard seed which grows into a mighty tree, we can accomplish most anything.
The miracle of turning water into wine was Jesus' first miracle and it was at a wedding feast, a time of celebration, and a demonstration of His power. It was also quite a significant amount, also.
Further, it is through a baptism of water...a symbol of cleansing and submission to God, that we are made whole.
As for fish...it was a food source, many of his followers were fishermen, and the fish is central to many of the parables and miracles Jesus demonstrated...ie miracvle of feeding the 5000, feeding the 7000, feeding the disciples on the shore of Galilee, fishing on Galillee and not catching fish..."cast your nets on the other side" and suddenly catching fish, and of course, be "fishers of men"...be followers of Jesus and evangelize.
There was no hatred of water or fish... read His word, the Bible, and you shall see.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The Wine was Blood.
He turned it into blood.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

So long as you're here, could you explain the fig thing?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

He was baptized....

Water spilled from his side when pierced...

He drank water at the well with the samaritian woman...

He washed the disciples feet...

He healed the blind man at the pool of shalom...

He is "mankind"....he's not going to get past water....MIM

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
jesus was a liar, but maybe not intentionaly, maybe he was just stupid.

his commandment?

DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE UNTO YOURSELF."

jesus, maybe not everyone likes to get treated the way i like to be treated.

one would think after 2,000+ years one of those "pro-jesus" christian types would have learned that by now. maybe they aren't thinking. maybe i'm not thinking far enough ahead?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

The fig thing is fun. I like this story in that the fig tree represents us...people. We have the potential to bear fruit. Yet so many don't. You can recognize a tree by the fruit it bears. Good trees bear good fruit, bad trees bear bad fruit. So what kind of tree bears no fruit. A DEAD TREE. So is it better to bad or good than in between? according to Jesus..it is. In Revelations, Jesus said "I'd rather you be either cold or hot, for if you're lukewarm...I will spit you out."Yup, I paraphrased. But that is esentially it.
Another parable is of the talents, quickly now, some men were given talents or money by their master. One invested and made back 3 fold. One invested and made back 2 fold. then one hid it away with no profit shown. He was punished.
Again, God expects us to bear fruit lest we suffer the same fate as the figtree.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Literally Bear Fruit....Get busy...knock boots....

Anything else you are trying to bear doesn't exist, or won't after you go.

Here contrary to belief is the first commandment.

"Be fruitful and multiply in the earth and subdue it"

Bear true fruit of the spirit....Become a life giving spirit and Give life not accept death...

Did anyone hear Jesus actually?

Jesus speaks and you can take it two ways...True or Untrue.

If he is the way the truth and the life we have a problem with who you think he is.

You have the life. In order for you to have the life, you must have the truth, which is your life...now see that the way, is your life given to serve he who is smallest amongst you...children. You are to serve them.

Let he who is greatest amongst you, serve the least.

Who is more of a king then a child? Everything provided, every need met...(not all I know, but it equals out) Every order of life, followed through on.

See the true savior. The savior of you and your memory...your children.

Have none and you won't "witness" life...nothing is hidden. If you worship a hidden....you worship vanity...and it will not save you.

Remember "the way" must have "the truth", but most importantly "the life"...see these for what they are and be "free"

Owing someone is not free...and the image of a 2000 year old dead man having the deed on you is not free...

Remember Counterfits are passed by people thinking they are the real thing...

Almost the whole earth will be fooled, yet for mine elect shall I shorten the days...

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
[more

are you for real? This is the most ridiculous crack pot theory I've heard. Maybe the war is frying your brain.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by just some thoughts
jesus was a liar, but maybe not intentionaly, maybe he was just stupid.

his commandment?

DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE UNTO YOURSELF."

jesus, maybe not everyone likes to get treated the way i like to be treated.

one would think after 2,000+ years one of those "pro-jesus" christian types would have learned that by now. maybe they aren't thinking. maybe i'm not thinking far enough ahead?

Sinless?...Nope, he just didn't have anyone who could convict him...God did though...so we all good.

He even tells them he is Lucifer...they don't listen or think it doesn't apply...truly indoctrinated by men and their "fantasies" but thinking it's the other way around not realizing...The christ is the Anti-christ...First and last.

He said. Don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing...Gets them every time....Left and Right....IN THE DISH...

Peace

Mar 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Here's one X-tians.

If God is Life, what is life?

Pe

[edit on 9-1-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

one day lucifer (aka "look i fear" & aka "lose cypher] the unholy trinity walks up to his brother (jesus) and they have a conversation ....

JESUS says "pop wants to talk to you about som stuff you been doing, but fear cannot approach the throne of truth, for how can truth fear truth and remain intact?

so, "look i fear / luk i fer", you wantedd to be like "I AM", but no one else is the alpha, so i will accept your fear, and i'll give you "I'M" in return ...

thus is how "lucifer/look i fear" became "LUKI'M"

and just prior to boing to see his father, jesus says to his brother, here, look in my mirror to check how you look before seeing father ...

LUKIM [mirror] MIKUL

mikul = michael

so, michael and lucifer were one in the same.

are you saying jesus and lucifer and michael were the same?

jesus also said he was called abba/father/god by everyone, too

maybe jesus, lucifer, michael, and the father were all one in the same?

well if the lowest and the highest were all one in the same, then is my individuality a lie, and i am really also one of them?

doesn't that make me them, and you us?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join