It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to recognize propaganda techniques?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Very good summary.
But much of the above is also employed by advertising/sales and anyone trying to get their point across - whether they believe their message to be the truth or whether they are knowingly promulgating lies.
To be fully aware, people need to realise such tactics are not the exclusive preserve of TBTB or MSM. It's all around us - politics, conspiracy sites, college debating societies and yes even that company trying to sell you 'natural remedies'.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
This is an interesting (and relevant) experiment by Solomon/Asch dealing with informational/normative conformity and examining how people deny what they see and submit to group pressure:

I'm sure seasoned propagandists (particularly the corporate media) rely heavily on this kind of human behaviour but it is interesting how the results change when more than one person refuses to conform.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Giving one defense over and over while ignoring tons of evidence to the contrary.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The truly paranoid have a saying I like to think of when getting any info.

TRUST NO ONE.

I always found it ironic, being an undercover agent or a paranoid, have the same thing in common.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
The truly paranoid have a saying I like to think of when getting any info.

TRUST NO ONE.

I always found it ironic, being an undercover agent or a paranoid, have the same thing in common.

It is an equal failing to trust everybody, and to trust nobody.

- English Proverb

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join