It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does ATS = Disinformation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Ok, the reason i am asking this is. I have a number of friends who don't see ATS quit like i and other member do, I personally find it a great sauce of information, and alternative news, and in general far more believable than any MSM. I would have to say that it has its share of Disinformation that goes without saying, but i don't think for one minuet that it has anything to do with the ATS staff or Mods.

But like i said some people, most i presume have never even visited the site let alone read any of the threads, insist that i am wasting my time on it, they insist its all about people putting you off the real facts that surround or everyday lives, to mind control and turn us in to paranoid idiots.

I try to tell them go take a look for yourself, as the site points out the things they believe in, but they tell the truth as to where such ideas come from, ie, your very own government, and MSM. but i get silly comments like, "our government wouldn't lie to us" or " I saw it on the telly, and they would't lie" that one always gets me

So i am wondering if anyone else has the same thing happen to them? do you have friends and family that try to put you off using sites like ATS?

IMHO, i do believe its because they are the ones being mind controlled by MSM,and government. and its not really their fault, never the less I do feel very sorry for them, am i wrong for feeling that way? thanks in advance of any reply, and sorry if this is in the wrong place i wasn't sure, Neo

BTW I make no apologies for any spelling or grammar errors, I am English, and largly say it as it sounds

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
as immortal technique said......."subliminal bigotry makes you hate my politics"...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have encountered that opinion from others on occasion, yes. I pride myself on being able to think critically and pay little attention.

However...

My personal opinion on the matter is that ATS is just an extension of the Internet in general and is absolutely very likely to contain propaganda,misinformation or disinformation. Not necessarily more or less than other sites of a similar nature, it's just the nature of the Net.

It has long been my view than nothing on earth is a potential source of more propaganda than the Internet anyway.

join