It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls aged 12 and 14 hold up bank in Ohio

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomataprice

Originally posted by SkitzoFrenic
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Please don't call me a racist.

I have not yet made a racist remark.

I am simply stating the obvious, that it is not a huge surprise that the criminals are black, it is to be expected.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by SkitzoFrenic]

I just wanted you to see the facts. So you can understand how uneducated you sound in your remarks.

This comes from the FBI website and I am sure they know their stuff.
FBI info on bank robberies

Race Bank robbery offenders may not be as many or as varied as one might at first think. Using NIBRS and BCS data, we can analyze their race, and sex, and using NIBRS data we can examine age. Figure 5.4 shows the race of bank robbers from NIBRS data and BCS from 1996 through 2000 as a percentage of all offenders. There are similar patterns evident in the figure. Whites account for between 35 and 45 percent of all offenders in each of the years. Both NIBRS and BCS data bear this out and overall show the same level. Black offenders are responsible for between 45 percent and 55 percent over the period. If we average offenders by race over the 5 years, there is virtually no difference with whites averaging 40.84 percent in the NIBRS data and 39.45 percent in the BCS data. Similarly, the percentage of black offenders in the NIBRS data is very close to that in the BCS at 50.14 percent and 50.26 percent, respectively.

was population taken into consideration?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mosesgunner
if they were white I would say their parent put them up to it. However being that there black all say rap music. Dumb rappers come out with cds titled get rich or die trying, how do you think a kid with parents that don't care are going to do with that influence?

Because no white kids listen to rap right? AS I recall the rap industry got its break by selling rap music to white kids. White kids are just as influenced as black. Whats with this new concept that all white adults are closet criminals or scandalous CEOs. A bit racist don't you think?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkitzoFrenic
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Please don't call me a racist.

I have not yet made a racist remark.

I am simply stating the obvious, that it is not a huge surprise that the criminals are black, it is to be expected.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by SkitzoFrenic]

I just wanted you to see the facts. So you can understand how uneducated you sound in your remarks.

This comes from the FBI website and I am sure they know their stuff.
FBI info on bank robberies

Ok, first off, you need to come off your politically correct high horse. The guiy is right, I don't see many white girls robbing banks. This has nothing to do with racism, its fact. Black people, a minority, commit the majority of crime.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

But we are not talking about the majority of crime we are talking about bank robbery specifically.

And these are the facts!

[ill-mannered comment removed]

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 9-1-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well this is certainly a little disturbing. I find it both amusing and disconcerting that a banks staff are that ill trained that they would hand over money without there being a genuine threat to the saftey of the staff. I highly doubt that those girls were in any position to cause physical harm to the persons manning the teller stations, or indeed the public.
To be honest this whole thing smacks of institutional stupidity, the decay of innocence and above all , the sheer ineptitude of the local police force. How the hell do you manage to let a pair of kids escape with a bag of cash, when you have the awesome noses of sniffer dogs, and the multipurpose scanning equipment used on police choppers?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

But we are not talking about the majority of crime we are talking about bank robbery specifically.

And these are the facts!

[ill-mannered comment removed]

Well, it's incidents like these that make up crime statistics.

And resorting to name calling won't help your case either. Please, tell us why we should be totally shocked that this crime was committed by black girls instead of white?

[edit on 9-1-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Well this is certainly a little disturbing. I find it both amusing and disconcerting that a banks staff are that ill trained that they would hand over money without there being a genuine threat to the saftey of the staff. I highly doubt that those girls were in any position to cause physical harm to the persons manning the teller stations, or indeed the public.
To be honest this whole thing smacks of institutional stupidity, the decay of innocence and above all , the sheer ineptitude of the local police force. How the hell do you manage to let a pair of kids escape with a bag of cash, when you have the awesome noses of sniffer dogs, and the multipurpose scanning equipment used on police choppers?

It doesnt matter, bank tellers are trained to hand over the money not to ask, "can I see your gun?" Its just protocol.

It also is a catch 22 for the criminal because instead of "attempted robbery" its "armed robbery" which carries a harsher sentence.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by NightoftheComet]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

What can you say about this but , God they are starting young now a days .

Two midgets maybe?!!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
well I am not racist! but from reading American statistics it seems blacks do commit more crime on average than any other race!! so what he said was its not a surprise to see it was two blacks,I don't see how that is racist! lets call a spade a spade! lets deal with the topic at hand! that these are kids! that's the real issue!Why would a women hand over the money??? they had no weapons!!! where was security???? does anyone know how much they got?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
*Doesn't touch racist topic.*

*Second line.*

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

This thread isn't about race, now please get back on topic of "TWO Girls aged 12 and 14 rob bank".

Thank You.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
ahh yes but crime and robbery are directly proportional to poverty. The fact remains that poverty is the issue to square away as best as possible. the issue in all crime is rooted deeper than race or culture despite what some may think. Poverty and the disparity in society mixed with our high consumption culture is the breeding ground for all of this. It doesnt matter to me one way or the other the pigment of the robbers but what it is they are missing in life that drives them to do it in the first place.

Is compassion and a desire to understand societies problems really unhip or simply not a condusive attitude in a self aggrandizing society? being callous and unsympathetic to the plight of others seems to be virtues in my neighbourhood. I wonder if it is the same everywhere else?

I'm just glad either way noone was hurt and hope the money stolen used for food or winter clothing. At the very least a necessity for the family.

But in the end that was also someone elses ticket for food and clothing so again we come back to the root of the problem as said above.

This world is lost in madness.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by thebulldog]

[edit on 9-1-2010 by thebulldog]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Just a little point to make ... I have heard alot of trash talk on this thread already , and its kind of an insult to all the intellects on ATS to behave that way, and personaly , I am kind of ashamed for all the bigots in the place today .
But moving on , dont forget that corperate fraudsters are making MASSES of money from everyone, by skimming government funded projects, by plundering pension funds , by taking credit card fraud and doing it on an industrial scale. These dudes are loaded, wear suits, drive flash cars, and STILL have no moral fibre.
Doesnt matter where you are from, how much money you have, crime is something some people do , and others dont. Generalising any deeper than that is fascism.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
They'll have them in days, as soon as they let it slip to a couple of their friends, it'll get around. Teenage girls couldn't keep a secret for more than 5 minutes, even if it kept their asses out of jail.

I don't know how the teller didn't just laugh and send her packing. Maybe they're supposed to comply to anyone and everyone, but in my mind, that wouldn't generally include little unarmed schoolgirls.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I guess they were too young to rob society by having babies, so they just robbed a bank?

I hope they find them quick before they reproduce.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
An earlier poster made a good point , they very well may have been put up to this by either adults or older boy friends . Having said that I wouldn't rule out the possibility that they thought this all up on there own .

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thanks for that post. When i first read his comment i could have sworn that a stormfront member had snuck in on us!

Crime is prevalent on both sides of the spectrum. Closet racists that that ignoramus (i won't mention his name) just really don't know anything.

Personally, this thread needs to be shut because these racist and prejudice aholes are really starting to crawl out of their holes. Black people commit a crime and they want to label all of us that way, while if someone white does it they don't want to say anything.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by cenpuppie]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Banks commit a crime every time they loan out money that they don't have, thus creating brand new debt for money that is not really there( but we just call it leveraging so it's all dandy right?). How do we know if the money that these girls stole was "real" money...can the bank prove it was backed by gold or silver(thus having real value)? If not, was a crime really committed? There is also no way that these girls acted alone anyway, they were used as an in between, in case someone did try to hold the girls for cops.

I think this has more to do with poverty than anything else.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SkitzoFrenic

Uh, shutup?

Thats like saying "Like white people will steal from their community in times of need", no, everyone would.

Ignorant much? Great, you Pissed me Off.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I just wanted to say I apologize to Aussies out there, I actually have no problem whatsoever with you people. I actually kick it at an Aussie bar here in town every once in awhile and believe me I've been knee-walking with some of your fellow countrymen. People are just people to me, I don't care what nationality you are.

What I was doing earlier was just mirroring this guy's behavior to show how stupid it is. Racism is the one thing I don't have a sense of humor about. It's bad enough dealing with American Racists but it profoundly pissed me off having someone not even from here trying get racist about our people. I don't care if you're white, black, muslim, jew, asian, indian, native, whatever. If you're American, you're my people. And that's what makes America great (holy jesus am I really going off on a Pro-American rant... get some popcorn this is the first time ever) America is great because you can be anything you want and yet you're still an American and you're still equal. Granted we have our issues here just like anywhere else. But I'll be god damned if someone who doesn't even have a concept of what it is to be American is going to tear at the fabric of what makes us great.

That racist bull# may get stars down under, but to most Americans those are fighting words.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join