It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do 666, the dollar, & 1929 have in common?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

You mention the Roman Catholic Church ... wasn't it 1929 when the Lateran Treaty came into play and Vatican City became an independant State ?

Hell (pardon the pun), for a practicing witch the stuff I retain in my brain can be quite scary sometimes ... where the bleep did that little gem come from ?

Woody

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme

Originally posted by Solasis
Random math proves anything!

I once found an awesome sequence of number conversion which proved that Elvis was Jesus. I loved it.

You should post it.

The one thing that's not random is the sequence from 0 - 9. That's basically just summing the number line in a triangular manner.

I tried to, but I couldn't find it again. I might look harder later.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Alright have a little more time now.

I just added up your sequence (I + IV + X + L + C + D) doesn't that equate to DCLXV or 665? I take it you meant (I + V + X + L + C + D) which properly equates to DCLXVI or 666.

Very interesting! Thanks for passing that little tidbit along.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
reply to post by Xtraeme

... the holy roman empire [ which just started its last reign this jan 1-2010]--if ya do any bible reading-----if ya take the first roman numbers I IV X L C D --guess what ---666 meaning the roman cathlic church is the ones to watch--and the EU is their empire now---great things are comming true

You know now that you pointed out this other sequence of:

1 + 5 + 10 + 50 + 100 + 500 = 666

You just gave me a very interesting insight in to its inner workings.

Basically:

-2 sin(666 deg ) = φ (AKA. the Golden Ratio).

Now think about the Fibonacci sequence, which is an approximation of the Golden Ratio.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35587356a6b6.gif[/atsimg]

What this seems to suggest is that the number-line is a natural product of φ. Which is why we see the recurrence of 666 in the digits 0-9 and the roman numerals.

I'll have to see how well this applies to prime sieving.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
reply to post by maybee

No,I asked for a date,as in "May 27,2009" ?

Heck,I'm just being lazy! Just because I came across someone who obviously thrives on calculations,I wanted to borrow his mind for a minute!

(The request still stands though,Xtraeme,if you're interested!)

Well, maybe something's going to happen July 10. You never know.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee

Originally posted by On the Edge
reply to post by maybee

Well, maybe something's going to happen July 10. You never know.

No,the date I'm looking for has to do with 2009. If it was going to happen,it would have already done so,but to pinpoint a date makes it easier.

Already the "ballpark" date is close enough,but maybe not.

Sorry,that's all I can tell you!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Amazingly I somewhat figured out why 666 is an "abundant number" as it's termed in math.

For those of you who aren't aware the golden ratio (which is usually represented by φ) has two important equalities:
  1. -2*sin(666 deg)
  2. (1+sqrt(5))/2

What's somewhat surprising is when I saw that:

1 + 5 + 10 + 50 + 100 + 500 = 666

I realized that the pattern is this:

1 + 1*5 + 5*2 + 10*5 + 50*2 + 100*5

See it's a variation of 5, 2, 5, 2, 5 ... where the new number is multiplied by the previous one.

Now if you notice, as I stated above, the Golden Ratio (φ) is represented by:

(1+Sqrt(5)) / 2

Now it's quite curious that we see adding 1 through 36 = 666 and adding 123 + 456 + 78 + 9 = 666.

The reason for this is because the golden ratio is apparently helping create the number line and 666 indicates the degree rotations it requires to actually bring a number block of 5^x + 2^x squares in to existence.

This suggests the bible is saying that 666 indicates a degree rotation, the golden ratio, which represents man!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd1623fd05cd.jpg[/atsimg]

Just like the “Vitruvian Man” illustrates that the human body is proportioned according to the Golden Mean. That's what the bible is telling us! We are the beast with man's golden ratio heart (666)!

Four great beasts, each different from the others, came up out of the sea.

The first was like a lion, and it had the wings of an eagle. I watched until its wings were torn off and it was lifted from the ground so that it stood on two feet like a man, and the heart of a man was given to it." (Dan 7:3-4)

This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666. (Rev. 13:18)

This is so inspiring because the golden ratio represents 1 part of 1 part of 1 part on and on forever. It's basically suggesting Jesus is represented by 1 and we're supposed to be 1 part of 1 part of 1 part ... of him. This also explains why Jesus is commonly referred to as, "the Son of Man." (Matthew 16:13-20). Which is why those who don't follow this template must become something else, very likely a part of the Feigenbaum constant (which represents bifurcation / chaos), as seen below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1809c0a3ae0.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So basically the reason that 123+456+78+9 = 666 is because

a) 9 = (5^1*2) - 1
b) 78 =(3 * 5^2) + 3
c) 456 = (228 * 2) = 2^8 + 2^7 + 2^6 + 2^3
d) 123 = (25 * 5) - 2 = (5^3) - 2

So if you take the 3 * 5^2 from (b) and leave one 5^2 that gives 50 to make in to squares. Combine that with the extra 5 from (a) to get 55. Now we can break that down to:

2^5 + 2^4 + 2^2 +2^1

Which added all together gives the expression:

666 =
2^8 + 2^7 + 2^6 + 2^5 + 2^4 + 2^3 + 2^2 + 2^1 +
5^3 + 5^2 + 5^1 + 1

Or put more simply:

So again the pattern of 5 and 2's holds true.

Which is really quite profound.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
In your drawing, of the triangles, it looks like the number 9 is also representing the eye. That is an amazing connection I had never contemplated. This makes the 9 or upside down six even more freaky, for on top of Saturn is the hexagon, and on the bottom of it, an eye-like storm. Very very cool.

The other numbers, I believe you do have valid connections, I am just not as smart as I seem, sorry. But I will study it more later, I was just about to head off to sleep when I saw this post. Thank you, very much.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
starred and flagged.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyhee
In your drawing, of the triangles, it looks like the number 9 is also representing the eye. That is an amazing connection I had never contemplated. This makes the 9 or upside down six even more freaky, for on top of Saturn is the hexagon, and on the bottom of it, an eye-like storm. Very very cool.

The other numbers, I believe you do have valid connections, I am just not as smart as I seem, sorry. But I will study it more later, I was just about to head off to sleep when I saw this post. Thank you, very much.

Glad you got something out of it.
I never considered Saturn as being a part of the entire thing, but it is curious that the 6th planet has a hexagon on it's north pole, and an eye on it's south. Certainly makes me pause for thought.

Earlier I said I wouldn't elaborate on the full pattern, but since I'm fairly confident most people have lost interest in this thread I don't think it'll hurt to go in to more detail:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/884026d8d46a.png[/atsimg]

Now if you notice I have an asterisk next to "modular rotation" because it requires a bit of an explanation of how / why I thought to do this in the first place.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b553d8c787b.png[/atsimg]

In the above breakdown I show that if we sum 123+456+78+9 naturally as squares of 5 and 2, in line with the idea that it's basically a representation of the golden mean. We find that 78 is 76 and the extra 2 needed to make it 78 is stored in (d) as 125 instead of 123.

When I saw this I realized that 78 contains two more than it's supposed to. Those extra 2 should be in the first sequence. I also noticed that (d) and (b) are staggered. So that gave me the clue to rotate it back in to the first position.

You might ask why not just add it back to the first? That's a good question. The reason is a bit nuanced, but basically the pattern that generates 666 is based on integer reciprocals:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc3a9e3126c1.png[/atsimg]

Back to the point, once I did the rotation I noticed that 20 + 13 = 33 (which is the same as 31 + 2 = 33); 33 + 78 = 111. Adding that to the whole prior sum then gave 999. What really seems to confirm this is correct is that 123 - 78 = 45 and if you note 45 + 33 = 78. If you're not seeing it, the reason this works is because it represents a geometrically triangular pattern: 45 + 33 + 45 = 123. Showing what appears to be a legitimate connection between the two number-sequences. So while it's true that 46 + 31 + 46 = 123, it's not true that 46 + 31 = 78 (it equals 77). Meaning there's only one triangular pattern that generates 123 and 78 using the number 33 as a factor.

Or put another way if I had just summed 2 + 13 = 15; then 15 + 96 = 111; 123 - 96 = 27; 27 + 15 = 42; 42 + 15 + 42 = 99. So we don't have the nice increasing triangular feature that we're looking for, though it does show a connection to the previous row of 99. For x + 15 + x = 123 we'd need x = 54, which if you notice is the rotation of 45!

If you're looking for the generic way to generate the sequence of 5's and 2's squared (shown in 1+5+10+50+100+500) on-and-on forever here's the equation again:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc3a9e3126c1.png[/atsimg]

To see the graphs and patterns this generates in more detail take a peek at Wolfram Alpha's evaluation of the series. Note -2*Sin[666,666 deg] == -2*Sin[666 deg]. Meaning the pattern continues every 10^3 positions.

I should really add a caveat here and say...

NOTE: This is just a big number game! While the geometry of the above sequence is uncanny and a little disturbing, please, don't take this to mean the end of the world or anything crazy. It's just as easy to interpret the 0123 as implying 2103 or heck 1929 + 111 = 2040 (which is surprisingly close to Newton's 2060 & 2034 prediction).

I'd need something much more rigorous to show that the correct interpretation of the top row is 2013 as a date. If I ever come up with that I'll be sure to come back and explain how, but for now I'm just throwing this out there for like-minded people who enjoy tinkering with numbers.

[edit on 19-1-2010 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

While I could hem and haw I won't bother. Here's what they have in common:[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f0e329cb052.png[/atsimg]

How did I come up with this? You really don't want to know.

Make of this what you will.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Xtraeme]

I think people are getting really carried away with this 666 thing. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy seeing all the creative methods people think of to make up this infamous number. The problem is people are reaching this number using the most abstract means and some pretty bizarre logic at times.

All of this aside, YES, I really do want to know how you came up with this diagram.

Only want to mention one thing right now in this thread and it is this.

The OP makes reference to different sets of numbers, it is you who is noticing the 666.

Take another look.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Oh and just because it's fun. One of the questions physicists asked themselves a couple decades ago was, "How special was the big bang?" The solution is called the Bekenstein-Hawking calculation.

... This figure will give us an estimate of the total phase-space volume V available to the Creator, since this entropy should represent the logarithm of the volume of the (easily) largest compartment. Since 10^123 is the logarithm of the volume, the volume must be the exponential of 10^123, i.e.

V = 10^10^123.

www.ws5.com...

Pretty neat that the big bang shows 123 as the starting exponent for our volume, eh?

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

You mention the Roman Catholic Church ... wasn't it 1929 when the Lateran Treaty came into play and Vatican City became an independant State ?

Huh, wow, that's an extremely interesting coincidence. Thanks for passing that tidbit along!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

But... one triangle is shaped different from the other... and math can be combined a million (billion trillian) different ways to come up with the answer you want.

I have to agree, this thread feels a bit reaching... but it is interesting, if anyone can supply more evidence to support the claim.

We already know 1929 was a bad year, saying it had to do with the devil doesn't make it any worst...

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I'd umm...like to point out that the ONLY reason 666 is considered important IN ANY respect to society, specifically biblical followers and such, is because during the time the followers of the bible were being oppressed the most, re: ancient Rome, the name of the Emperor at the time was Caesar Nero (or Caesar Neron, depending on the translation).

Now, the people of that time were very into numerology and decoded Caesar Neron's name into numbers from the Hebrew alphabet and came up with the number 616 (Nero), or 666 for Neron. This, because he was the most hated dude around at the time, became synonymous with evil.

The fact that 66.6 degrees, or that a few numbers you found on the dollar bill, or some other random place add up to 666, is pure coincidence. There is no Devil, or Satan, or what ever you wish to call it, there's just a bunch of people running around attributing things to supernatural entities because they have no scientific grasp on the situation.

TL;DR 666 (or 616) is the Hebrew numerology translation of Caesar Neron (Nero), and is "evil" because he was a bastard to the followers of the bible at the time.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenic
reply to post by Xtraeme

But... one triangle is shaped different from the other... and math can be combined a million (billion trillian) different ways to come up with the answer you want.

The reason I used two different geometric shapes was (1) to demonstrate that there are two ways to interpret the sequence and (2) to show that one of those triangles mimicked the dollar. The top tri- indicates an equilateral triangle of 60°, 60°, & 60°. Whereas the bottom one closely follows the proportions on the dollar, as an isosceles triangle with two base angles of 66.6° and 66.6°. If you notice both sets of angles still follow the 666 pattern.

The fact that they're different ratios is of small importance because it's the triangular number sequence that's of interest. There are very few numbers that naturally sum to the same repeated value. For instance, if you sum 1 + 2 + 3 + ... + 35 + 36 you'll see you get 666. Try doing that for any other number. The reason it behaves this way is because it's a triangular number.

For more on this, read this post.

Basically everything you see in the graph is a natural product of this triangular feature. I wasn't looking to make 1929 pop out of it. It was simply a weird by-product of viewing the number-line in a triangular manner and using Biblical numerology to determine the increment for the next step of the tri-.

I have to agree, this thread feels a bit reaching... but it is interesting, if anyone can supply more evidence to support the claim.

Out of curiosity, what makes you feel the thread is "reaching?" The entire thing follows a set pattern, no different than say the Fibonacci sequence, please elaborate.

We already know 1929 was a bad year, saying it had to do with the devil doesn't make it any worst...

I haven't said that 666 indicates the Devil, Satan, nor have I said it's indicative of an Antichrist. As a matter of fact, if you read the entire thread, I come to a rather different conclusion. If anything it's more likely that some of our founding fathers, as Freemasons, noticed this pattern and codified it into the dollar bill as a sort of tilt of the hat towards numerology.

What is strange is the fact that we seem to get dates out of this thing.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyorra
I'd umm...like to point out that the ONLY reason 666 is considered important IN ANY respect to society, specifically biblical followers and such, is because during the time the followers of the bible were being oppressed the most, re: ancient Rome, the name of the Emperor at the time was Caesar Nero (or Caesar Neron, depending on the translation).

While I don't disagree with your assessment. I think you're reducing the complexity of Biblical numerology to a degree of simplicity to force a viewpoint (which isn't to say that viewpoint is wrong).

Remember 666 is used in several places in the Bible. Particularly in relation to Solomon (1 Kings 10, 2 Chronicles 9) and Adonikam's descendants (Ezra 2:13).

I think it goes without saying the Bible heavily relies on numeric sequences.

For instance, we have numerous repetitions of 777. Peter denies Jesus 3 times. Ezekiel's wheels within wheels depicts a sequence of 4 along with the 4 living creatures with 4 faces. There are 144,000 anointed ones from 12 tribes times 12,000 sealed. Jesus had 12 disciples. There are 24 elders.

There's clearly numerical significance littered throughout the Bible and it usually follows a pattern of 111, 222, 333 ... 999.

Now, the people of that time were very into numerology and decoded Caesar Neron's name into numbers from the Hebrew alphabet and came up with the number 616 (Nero), or 666 for Neron. This, because he was the most hated dude around at the time, became synonymous with evil.

The most common understanding of Revelation 13:17-18 involves using Gematria to "calculate the number of the beast." From this a plethora of names have been invoked including, as you note Nero, Romulus, Lateinos, Vicarius Filii Dei, and many more.

What's fascinating with this idea is it shows there's a different way to look at the number, that's a natural product of the number-line rather than some contrived historical interpretation that could indicate any number of things / people.

The fact that 66.6 degrees, or that a few numbers you found on the dollar bill, or some other random place add up to 666, is pure coincidence. There is no Devil, or Satan, or what ever you wish to call it, there's just a bunch of people running around attributing things to supernatural entities because they have no scientific grasp on the situation.

There's a guy here on ATS, goes by the handle of sirnex, who asked a rather apropos question, "Does probability really exist?" As a computer scientist I've professionally worked with cryptography, randomness batteries, and my specific training has to do with game development which requires a rather good understanding of physics & analytic geometry.

The more time you spend dealing with crypto the more you realize that randomness simply represents a really hard problem. Everything has symmetry. There are very few things in nature that actually produce asymmetric results. Humans are one of the few things we observe that are actually stochastic.

The way I evaluate "coincidence" versus an actual pattern is by what I call "counting coincidences." For instance in the case of this 666 triangle we see that the interior adds up to 666 (that's a tally of 1). The angles reflect an integer factorization of 6 (tally: 2). The factorization of a row indicates three 6's (tally: 3). The golden ratio is a product of 666 degrees (tally: 4). The Fibonacci sequence approximates on the golden ratio and the Fibonacci sequence is considered a classic triangular number (tally: 5). This triangular pattern approximates on the symbology on the back of the dollar (tally: 6). Continuing the triangular sequence to 777 generates 999 as an inversion of the 666 pattern (tally: 7). It also segregates the 9 from the 6's like a cap-stone (tally: 8). From this we then get what almost appears to be a date, 1929, which corresponds to the dollar and was a significant year for Christianity (tally: 9).

To go one step further I'd like to point out that prime numbers, are directly tied to this 60° measure and funny enough primes are considered random, despite exhibiting (n log n) growth,

There are two facts about the distribution of prime numbers of which I hope to convince you so overwhelmingly that they will be permanently engraved in your hearts. The first is that, despite their simple definition and role as the building blocks of the natural numbers, the prime numbers grow like weeds among the natural numbers, seeming to obey no other law than that of chance, and nobody can predict where the next one will sprout. The second fact is even more astonishing, for it states just the opposite: that the prime numbers exhibit stunning regularity, that there are laws governing their behavior, and that they obey these laws with almost military precision" (Havil 2003, p. 171).

And because no one can find the pattern we use primes in cryptography for key generation. This allows us to create large numbers that are extremely hard to factor. If we were to figure out the pattern for when a prime occurs we would also very likely discover a technique to quickly, if not instantly, factor an integer without having to sieve.

The strength of many encryption-schemes is entirely based on the difficulty of integer factorization.

I'm not sure if you're seeing the pattern, but basically 666 (as a degree measure) represents the building block of the number line. That building block of the number line determines where primes appear.

Perhaps now you understand why I was a little hesitant to post this?

Imminent math writer, Clifford Pickover, made the astute comment,

Somewhere inside the digits of pi is a representation for all of us -- the atomic coordinates of all our atoms, our genetic code, all our thoughts, all our memories. Given this fact, all of us are alive, and hopefully happy, in pi. Pi makes us live forever. We all lead virtual lives in pi. We are immortal.

sprott.physics.wisc.edu...

It seems he may be correct.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

NOTE: This is just a big number game! While the geometry of the above sequence is uncanny and a little disturbing, please, don't take this to mean the end of the world or anything crazy. It's just as easy to interpret the 0123 as implying 2103 or heck 1929 + 111 = 2040 (which is surprisingly close to Newton's 2060 & 2034 prediction).

I'd need something much more rigorous to show that the correct interpretation of the top row is 2013 as a date. If I ever come up with that I'll be sure to come back and explain how, but for now I'm just throwing this out there for like-minded people who enjoy tinkering with numbers.

How strange I was just watching Jürgen Schmidhuber, co-director of the Swiss AI lab IDSIA in Lugano and a professor of Cognitive Robotics at the Tech University Munich, give a talk discussing a new approach his team has been using to instill "creativity" (a "universal problem solving algorithm") into AI using the golden ratio of all things.

At about the end of the video (@31:00) Dr. Schmidhuber touched on some of his research interests, including a semi- tongue-in-cheek argument that Singularity will occur in 2040 based on a seemingly accelerating trend of major events that occurred between 1623 and 1990.

@3:33

Creepy!

Curious that his research coincides with Newton's date and the date I reference above, which is also a product of the golden ratio, eh?

If 2012 is a bust maybe 2040 will be the next date "it'll all happen"?

Fascinating stuff.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Xtraeme]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
666 is NOT the number of the Beast. The Old Testament clearly states that 616 is the true number of the beast. And Satan is not the Beast. The beast is the Antichrist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join