It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atomic Bomb Plan's ... Real deal folk's ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
These plan's are brought to you by the good ol' UK ...

These are real detailed plan's for an atomic bomb ...

*I think I wet myself*

www.d.kth.se...

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I was in the nuclear power program in the navy and this sure looks legit.. YIKES!

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It is legit ... Thank's to the UK.

New's story on it ...

serendipity.magnet.ch...

CNN article too I guess ...

www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 27-2-2003 by e-nonymous]

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
These aren't plans, it's just a description of the components of a bomb, no different from a hundred other books and publications. Tom Clancy gives a more thorough description in his fictional book ' The Sum of all Fears '.
There are more than a few discrepancies in this atricle though :

Depending on the refining process(es) used when purifying the U-235 for
use, along with the design of the warhead mechanism and the altitude at which
it detonates, the explosive force of the A-bomb can range anywhere from 1
kiloton (which equals 1,000 tons of TNT) to 20 megatons (which equals 20
million tons of TNT -- which, by the way, is the smallest strategic nuclear
warhead we possess today.

The maximum yield for a fission bomb is around 500kt not 20Mt. Read about Operation Ivy King for more information.
And the US doesn't posess anything near the size of a 20 Mt warhead.

Supercritical mass for Plutonium is defined as 35.2 lbs (16 kgs). This
amount needed for a supercritical mass can be reduced to a smaller quantity of
22 lbs (10 kgs) by surrounding the Plutonium with a U-238 casing.

Plutonium pits can weigh as little as 3kg using an implosion trigger.

I would like to see someone try and build a bomb using these 'plans'. The article is basically just a history of the early nuclear weapons.
Now if it had information as to the shape of the 'pit' or the proper arrangement and shape of the explosive lenses then it could be called a plan.

OPERATION IVY KING - largest fission bomb detonated

[Edited on 27-2-2003 by mad scientist]

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well, this IS the info the UK released, and has the US upset. They say this is enough info needed to easily build a nuclear bomb ... I'd place my bet's with the expert's.

After reading it abit more, I'd have to say, if someone who knew alittle bit about what they were doing decided to try this using those plan's, they'd succeed easily. As long as they got the thing's needed ...

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
atomic bomb plans have been easily accesible to many people for a bit. anyone who studies it enough could easily build one or two if they had the material. that is the problem. it is true we could probably build a house out of solid gold, we just don't got the material. or can afford it. but the terrorists and them don't got uranium or plutonium. yet.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Is the US upset ? where does it say that.
This information is nothing new and has been around for a while. And no it would be impossible to build a bomb from these plans. There are just too many very significant unanswered questions.
As I have said previosly the shaping of the 'pit' isn't explained at all. The explosive lense shape and configuartion are just as important as the plutonium, but there is not one hint of it in this article.
I have read all this informationa and more at least 10 years ago.

Not to mention the glaring mistakes I pointed out in the previous post.

I can understand if you know nothing about the design of nukes then these would seem like detailed plans. But they are not, like I said Tom Clancy has a far better description of how to build a bomb in his book ' The Sum of all Fears'.
I might go so far as to say that most of this information has come from an encyclopedia.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but again, I'm gonna go with the expert's on this one. And actually, if you know the size of the bomb, and as long as the diagram's are scaled right, you can figure out the size of the pit or whatnot ...

Read the link's, both say this plan is detailed enough for a terrorist who know's what they're doing to actually build a bomb using the description given in that document. Also, ArcAngel said he was in the nuclear power program in the navy and that these plan's do look legit, so again, I'd have to go with the expert's ...

I also never said this was something new either. The CNN artivle is dated from 2002. I'm just exited cuz this is the first time I've seen it.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The nuclear power program in the navy deals with reactors not nuclear weapons.
And no, despite what these so called experts say, it is not possible to build a nuke from these plans. There is no detail whatsoever just vague descriptions of the components.

Like I said before there is too much misinformation in this article to be credible.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If you want some interesting reading go to this link. It is an article about a 17 year old boy that built a neutron "gun" complete with Uranium 233 with materials he got from smoke detectors and mantles.
It is a very interesting read.

business.fortunecity.com...

[Edited on 27-2-2003 by K_OS]

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Great post K_OS !

Some very interesting reading. Thorium in quatites of 1000lb's can be fissionable although much less effiecient than the 2-3kg of plutonium.

For more about different fissionable elements :

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I had that link ... was looking for it like crazy to post here ... then I remembered it was in my linux OS and I was looking in WinXP.

top topics

join