It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Colder In America, Than At Both Poles!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
Go read some GENUINE work on climate change, instead of those annoying excuses to make jokes about the fact that it's still snowing and say "Hurr hurr, Al Gore's an idiot".

Al Gore is an idiot whether it snows or not.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
All of these weather breaking records (which have been accelerating) over the last decade are consistent with predictions of man made climate change. Whether its' floods, fires, drought, blizzards, tornadoes, record heat or cold, it's all been predicted by scientists. Why people can't understand this, I will never know.

Note: I sware there are a multitude of people that would have nothing to say if it weren't for the habit of bashing Al Gore. Get a life!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
Go read some GENUINE work on climate change, instead of those annoying excuses to make jokes about the fact that it's still snowing and say "Hurr hurr, Al Gore's an idiot".

Oh yeah, that genuine work of destroying climate data and ostracizing scientists who don't follow the global agenda of climate change to further the elite's greedy need for power and money.

Here's a good analysis for your consideration. (and no flaming because this was on Beck's show)

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield
Good thing global warming made snow and cold winters things of the past.

ok...it's winter here...but in the southern hemisphere of the earth, it's SUMMER!!!! global warming causes climate change, the whole earth, at the same time, does not turn into a brick oven. read a science book!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

The way I see it , the Earth is giant heat exchanger.
As one part gets extreemly hot, another part gets extreemly cold.
If your in the middle your going to see BIG storms,winds, hurricanes...
Over the next few years the extreem temps will get further apart.
The weather I think, is going to turn real nasty, and within my
lifetime.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

ok...beck says at the the 1:38 mark..." the science of global warming is coming apart at the seams"...which is a lie. and i'll flame anything from this man if i want to...he has a high school diploma...and he's telling everyone on his show that he is right, and the hundreds of scientists that have studied this for decades are wrong.

tell you what...look at these "then and now" pictures of glaciers, here is actual photo proof of global warming...

images.google.com... resnum=1&ved=0CBcQsAQwAA

i suppose all this melting is what??...that we are going into a new ice age??

here are some more...from peru, alaska, europe,...

www.worldviewofglobalwarming.org...

yeah...right...no global warming here...right???? what BS...these are pictures, so all you glen beck fans can understand them...since you don't trust actual written studies

[edit on 9-1-2010 by jimmyx]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread. Did we really need to be told is my question? Does anybody go out in the weather any more? Do you look up into the night sky and count the stars? Feel the cold front coming on? Notice the natural cycles? Compare what your intuition and body tells you to what the Weather Channel tells you?

We are disconnected from the natural world and so we are ripe for being told what is going on. That's why Gore has managed to get this far this fast.

Thankfully you can't screw with Mother Nature and she's gonna prove all these ponzi weather schemers wrong. Pollution bad, no ****! Changing the weather? Cold, fat chance of that. If we were actually warming the Earth they would be finding ways to make a sun shade to cool it down or billing you for personal carbon collectors. Don't leave home without one.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

After it about a week ago, the coldest it got was 35 with heavy fog, but now conditions are stabalized. This "machine gun" is the M4 carbine. I hate to say it but I think europeans have better weapons then us.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
We've been having a wonderful winter so far here in SoCal, every day feels like summer

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
----Why is it colder than at poles---CHEM SPRAYING--dimming the sun here everyday in wisconsin---we had a cool summer--spraying daily especially in morning---We were colder than alaska most of the summer----LOOK UP people its happining

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

You beet me to it!! Ooh beautiful SUNNY California!! I think Im going to go lay on the beach today and work on my tan!!

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Alchemst7]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
As regards Mr Al Gore, after finding out his father worked for an oil company at $500,000 per annum, I tend to think the Rev Gore is in it for the money, after all, he has shares in a carbon credit trading company......

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
thats intresting...

british records was broken last night with temps reaching -25 in scotland and -17 in england

its snowed pretty much from a week before xmas and the snow is still lying up to 16" in some parts 6" we have a 5 day forcast that says there 5 more day of the white stuff to come, up to 8" expected over night over much of the uk

all across euope its the same story pretty much the entire northern hemisphere northern spain, china, south korea, something is wrong?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
TS forgot to include the wind chill factor in both North and South Pole. Including the wind chill, both Poles will still be colder than any place in America (perhaps except Alaska).

It's only the true temperature (no wind) that is important when comparing locations with respect to climate change, not wind chill.

Wind chill, as we use typically use it, only applys to human flesh, and provides just a subjective measure of cold, i.e. when we have a 30 degree no wind true temperature, then when the wind blows 20 mph, for humans, it then FEELS LIKE 17 degrees (no wind), and humans need to adjust their weather protection accordingly.

Wind Chill does not make temperatures colder, it's only a measure of the increase in the rate of temperature change to the true no wind temperature.

The opposite is also true, Wind Heating will make things feel hotter and actually increase the rate of heating, as is done with a Convection Oven.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I think you people are going over board with this cold weather. You guys need to realize that the weather will warm up again. Next week it's going to be in the middle & upper 40s here were i live.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc

This has never happened in recorded history!!

I'm sorry to be a stickler, but could you tell us how you know that? (source)

Not doubting you, just want to look it up.

We're freezing our butt off here in DC as well. the bleeding Potomac has frozen over and I have never seen that this early in the winter. But who knows the reason ... could be climate change, could be a vengeful god, could be a million other things. Maybe today is a good day to go donate some sweaters and blankets.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Yes it is very wrong.
There is definitely climate change, bringing with it extreme weather events. To some extent it is irrelevant what is responsible. More attention needs to be focussed on ways of coping. My big worry here in the UK, is that one day winter will just carry on. The UK won't get a summer. I think the situation is worse than we are being told
The last few winters, in the Pennine area where I live, it has got colder for longer and it is evident to all who live here. Not everyone just has a few slushy roads to contend with. I haven't been able to get out in the car for the last 2 weeks. This is the second such period already this Winter. Someone has to walk to a nearby village to collect the post as we aren't getting deliveries. Some of us are running out of coal. Those who are working are having trouble getting to their work. I am unemployed and all my job interviews were cancelled last week. Some of the old folk are really struggling. It has ceased to be 'fun' in my area.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Deep in the Heart of Texas, at 6:30 am today, it was 10F (ten). As of now, 10:00 am, it has jumped to 28F. eah, it's cold. The last two days it has been down to just below 20F. Yeah, it's cold, but it's been cold before and it will be cold again.

I always hear people complain that it is either "hotter than I can remember" or "colder than I can remember". I think it is just that memories are getting shorter.

I remember in 1983, we had a cold spell during which it never got over 17F for 17 days. There was no PVC pipe available within 75 miles!

We've had a few cold days, since then, but, overall, the winters have been fairly mild.

Edit: Oh, next week the forecast is for one day at 68F with rain!

[edit on 9-1-2010 by WTFover]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It feels like sixteen degrees right now in southwestern VA--But it's been a lot colder lately; colder than I've felt it here. Being from the north, I can usually take the cold and usually don't even bother putting on a coat during the winter. I had to dig out a box full fo coats, scarves and gloves!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
Deep in the Heart of Texas, at 6:30 am today, it was 10F (ten). As of now, 10:00 am, it has jumped to 28F. eah, it's cold. The last two days it has been down to just below 20F. Yeah, it's cold, but it's been cold before and it will be cold again.

I always hear people complain that it is either "hotter than I can remember" or "colder than I can remember". I think it is just that memories are getting shorter.

I remember in 1983, we had a cold spell during which it never got over 17F for 17 days. There was no PVC pipe available within 75 miles!

We've had a few cold days, since then, but, overall, the winters have been fairly mild.

Edit: Oh, next week the forecast is for one day at 68F with rain!

Thats what i was trying to say. These people act as if they wanted the world to freeze over or it to end. drama queens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join