It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current Soho Images

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

This is a link to the current Lasco 2 Soho images. There is a very bright object on the lower right hand side. This has been there for two days now.

Normally people post about these objects on here and yet not one single thread can I find regarding this object.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what this object is. Pretty big from what I take of it.

Thank you

link not working, tried again

[edit on 8-1-2010 by ljib777]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Its venus...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ljib777

It`s Venus
Here it was on the 5th jan.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2bdea1c3d57.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thank you very much. First time I have ever seen Venus so close up. I have been viewing Lasco 2 for almost 3 years now, never caught the planet in the screen shot.

If the Admins want to delete this thread, go ahead.

thanks again.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I’m new to learning space, stars, comets, meteors and such. so please be patient with my silly questions ty

But is this Venus as well?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
I’m new to learning space, stars, comets, meteors and such. so please be patient with my silly questions ty

But is this Venus as well?

Yes, it is.

The apparent difference in the distance the object seems from the sun is because the LASCO C2 images (the brownish red colored images) and LASCO C3 images (the blue images) are from two different instruments on SOHO. The C2 images are more magnified than the C3 images, thus it looks like the planet is much closer to the Sun.

By the way...have you ever seen this picture of four planets visible at the same time?:

Or this great image of a comet?:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I’m flabbergasted these are truly amazing, I’ve only just started to read through some threads that I can comprehend and I must say, the Science – Space Exploration threads are truly outstanding, and all of you who post on these are understanding and patient to those who want to learn. Thank you so much

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
OMG!!! its Nibir.....
ok, its jsut venus.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

This does not look too good. I did not see anything about additional problems with SOHO other than what they had posted for the past couple of days.

Is this a glitch with the camera or something else??

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Could that be venus again? Why is there such a long line, goes across the whole image? don't see that often.

top topics

join