It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Should Be No Airport Security At All

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

No, I'm not afraid of the public, I'm not afraid of anyone.

I however see the stupidity of people in large groups.

And I am not asking for strip searches either, already mentioned I was not for those scanners which highlight everything under your clothes.

I am all for guns and guns-rights, and both of those stop at the airport.

"Terrorists" will kill you wherever the Hell they want to.

When groups of people get together the IQ lowers, exponentially, that's been proven.

Many times over.

When violence happens in a public place everyone reacts differently, most people panic.

I'm not someone who panics, ever, but I sure as Hell do not want gun-fights breaking out where other people are liable to panic, because idiots panicking equals lemmings running off a cliff, mass panic is sheer stupidity in motion.

I see.

So I take it you never go to gun shows then.

That's a lot of "stupid people" in "large groups" with a lot of firepower just laying around out in the open.

You also probably don't go to military bases.

Lots of 18 year olds walking around with automatic weapons all over the place.

Pretty dangerous stuff.

Nothing is more dangerous than a large group of 18 year old boys with fully automatic weapons and other various assorted light arms.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Gun ranges - ooooh scary stuff there too.

People actually FIRING LOADED WEAPONS IN LARGE GROUPS!

I wet my pants just thinking about going there.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You know what else is scary?

Armed protests like this one inside the NH state house!!

All those guns!

I heard a gun actually jumped out of its holster and shot 10 people dead before the owner could get it under control.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

And I am not asking for strip searches either, already mentioned I was not for those scanners which highlight everything under your clothes.

When groups of people get together the IQ lowers, exponentially, that's been proven.

Many times over.

When violence happens in a public place everyone reacts differently, most people panic.

I'm not someone who panics, ever, but I sure as Hell do not want gun-fights breaking out where other people are liable to panic, because idiots panicking equals lemmings running off a cliff, mass panic is sheer stupidity in motion.

I see.

That's a lot of "stupid people" in "large groups" with a lot of firepower just laying around out in the open.

Pretty dangerous stuff.

Wow, you think you know me, or my thoughts on guns at all, by your replies.

Yes, I have been to gun shows, and people who go to gun shows are people who understand proper gun safety, something I have to wonder about you though.

I've been on more military bases than you ever have, I guarantee you that.

And, again, those are people who know and understand proper gun safety.

Is everyone who goes into an Airport or on a jet trained in proper gun safety?

Unequivocally, that is a no-go, private.

Proper gun safety is something that was instilled in me at an early age.

Not everyone even believes in guns, so each time one person would potentially be toting a gun, another passenger would not be toting a gun, making for another victim to get caught in the crossfire, or potentially another target for a hostage situation.

Do you honestly want to keep debating me?

Keep on going, because I'll talk circles around you, as far as gun safety, and guns on airliners, or dropping Airport Security, and I haven't even broken out the statistics or videos, yet.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

buddy, the general gun owning public is safer with their firearm usage than the police.

chew on that statistic.

less accidental deaths, less miss rounds, more accurate placement than a cop.

so your fears about allowing the general public to carry on a plane are misplaced.

its no more dangerous than allowing the general public to carry on a bus, carry on a train, or carry in a restaurant.

i would trust a randomly selected gun owner from the general public to shoot more accurately, with less collateral damage, and with more restraint than a cop any day of the week.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
here's a nice site a guy put together highlighting police vs public use of firearms.

www.skepticfiles.org...

your actually safer NOT having a cop on the plane and instead having an armed citizen.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I think we should put frag grenades and uzi's under all the seats on the plane,
that way it would be suicide if any suicide bombers tried a highjacking!!!

Or maybe a button on every seat that releases sarin gas into the cabin, someone tries to
do some stuff, just press a button and problem solved

Great OP S+F

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There has to be security to maintain order. Just because there may not be terrorists (which there are) There could be some lone random NUT job who wants to shoot up people! Use the brains that God has given you!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Most people should be more concerned about the "general public". After all... that is where the majority of crime happens.

Security = Readiness + Deterrents.

Nothing is completely safe. Doesn't matter what level of security you provide. The universe is entropy. Humanity ever evolves into whatever it wants, thus all we can do is plan for the worse, hope for the best.

That said, readiness +deterrents = less bad activity. To me, and I think to most reasonable people, that is a good thing.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaPrime
There has to be security to maintain order. Just because there may not be terrorists (which there are) There could be some lone random NUT job who wants to shoot up people! Use the brains that God has given you!

Using my brains means looking at statistics.

Statistics say my odds of getting killed by lightning are roughly equivalent to being killed by a terrorist.

Statistics say gun free zones are the primary place where terrorist events take place. In fact almost all domestic terrorist events take place in gun free zones.

Statistics say I am SAFER having armed citizens on a plane than a cop.

That's what using your brain will tell you.

Using your brain will also tell you that real suicide bombers will put the bombs in their check-in luggage, not carry them through security.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Think 9/11 would have happened if there was no airport security at all?

Chew on that one.

No way.

Someone on those planes would have shot those jerks deader than a hammer - or at least caused the planes to crash without hitting the buildings.

Win either way.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I know
we could all get little dog house type sleeping pods like the japanese hotels have and just pump in n2o until you arrive at the destination.

so you'd sleep the whole way.

that or have separate types of flights.

I don't have a sidearm but I travel a lot and I camp which is a pain when going through security.
*sigh,no thats not a weapon...thats not either...what,am i going to saw a hole in the side of the plane?thats for firewood...can i go now?,..

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I should change the post title to "9/11 would never have happened if there was no airport security at all"

because its true.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Just what I want when I fly - lots of heavily-armed civilians. This is an unbelievably naive argument, we only got away with the shoe bomer and pants bomber because the devices they used ddn't work. Had the devices worked no-one would have had the chance to deal with them. Someone viewing a computer-generated image of my scrotum is a small price to pay for not breathing my last in a fireball at 20,000 feet.

[edit on 8/1/10 by Naboo the Enigma]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Naboo the Enigma
Just what I want when I fly - lots of heavily-armed civilians. This is an unbelievably naive argument, we only got away with the shoe bomer and pants bomber because the devices they used ddn't work. Had the devices worked no-one would have had the chance to deal with them. Someone viewing a computer-generated image of my scrotum is a small price to pay for not breathing my last in a fireball at 20,000 feet.

The reason why they didn't blow up the planes is because they were never meant to.

Period.

Real suicide bombers don't carry bombs in their shoes and panties.

Only an idiot would think that.

Statistically speaking, you are safer having armed citizens on a plane than a cop.

Rational logic would tell you we are better off with no security at all.

I'll meet you half way though.

Lets say we keep the metal detectors and standard searches, but allow licensed CCW holders to carry on all planes.

This way you know the gun owner isn't a felon and is rational.

A law like that wouldn't have prevented 9/11 since NY is a totalitarian police state, but if those flights came out of a free state, those planes never would have hit the buildings.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
And when you land in a country where hand guns are illegal what do you do?

Real suicide bombers don't use underwear and shoes, because they generally don't have to pass through security before entering a market place in Sangin or Quetta. Airport security prevented these individuals from producing viable IEDs because of the steps they had to take to conceal the devices.

What statistics are you you using to estimate the risk of allowing armed civilians on to a flight? Risk and threat is assessed according to capability and intent- it is easier to remove capability than it is to remove intent, hence security prcedures. I can tell you now we don't allow armed soldiers onto military aircraft as a matter of curse; why would we allow enthusiastic amateurs onto civilian ones? Firearms and aircraft do not mix, least of all in the hands of uncontrolled individuals.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Many times over.

I see.

Pretty dangerous stuff.

Nothing is more dangerous than a large group of 18 year old boys with fully automatic weapons and other various assorted light arms.

Yeah but they have no ammo !!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Naboo the Enigma
And when you land in a country where hand guns are illegal what do you do?

Real suicide bombers don't use underwear and shoes, because they generally don't have to pass through security before entering a market place in Sangin or Quetta. Airport security prevented these individuals from producing viable IEDs because of the steps they had to take to conceal the devices.

What statistics are you you using to estimate the risk of allowing armed civilians on to a flight? Risk and threat is assessed according to capability and intent- it is easier to remove capability than it is to remove intent, hence security prcedures. I can tell you now we don't allow armed soldiers onto military aircraft as a matter of curse; why would we allow enthusiastic amateurs onto civilian ones? Firearms and aircraft do not mix, least of all in the hands of uncontrolled individuals.

1. you get off the plane, unload your weapon, and check it in with the destination country's security until you depart.

2. Real suicide bombers would put a large quantity of explosives in a check-in bag and use a timer or remote detonator. They wouldn't go through a series of armed checkpoints with pat downs, metal detectors, or naked body scanners.

3. I just posted a link, read above.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Look Its all BS, All of it, if someone wants to blow up a plane they put a bomb in a box and ship it counter to counter. Period. real easy to do.

People who dont want guns on board dont want air marshals then because an air marshals is a man with a gun.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If there is NO security everyone would be carrying around AK-47's without a doubt.

But I agree, 200 people in an airplane vs. 10 people, It is a no brainier. Nothing can get simpler. Also if there was no RACISM, there would be no terrorism. Want to know why? We are the real terrorists. Driving people out of their house, and shooting innocent people and/or putting them in jail.

Do you know who Nabulazazzi is? The alleged terrorist from Colorado. HE IS A NORMAL PERSON. JUST BECAUSE HE IS ARAB HE IS HE A TERRORIST? NO!

I am sorry for putting a different topic in.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join