It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Weather Map

page: 1

join
share:
la2

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Take a look at the link to the current map of global weather, does it strike anyone that this is a very strange occurance, the large amount of the northern hemisphere that is having extremely cold weather?

Could this have anything to do with the rapid movement of the magnetic north pole?

uk.weather.com...

la2

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
i apologise that this is under the incorrect category, my mistake

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by la2

Take a look at the link to the current map of global weather, does it strike anyone that this is a very strange occurance, the large amount of the northern hemisphere that is having extremely cold weather?

Could this have anything to do with the rapid movement of the magnetic north pole?

uk.weather.com...

We'll have to really start worrying when the glaciers start moving farther and farther south.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Phlynx]

la2

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It is going to be interesting to see if this weather goes any further south.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
We live in the southern USA and currently temps in northern to north-central Florida are around 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Citrus and vegetables growers in the area are having to work 24/7 to cover and protect orange and lemon groves. Temps last night fell into single digits as far south as Florida and according to local news, will continue though tonight. Really, really weird.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
We live in the southern USA and currently temps in northern to north-central Florida are around 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Citrus and vegetables growers in the area are having to work 24/7 to cover and protect orange and lemon groves. Temps last night fell into single digits as far south as Florida and according to local news, will continue though tonight. Really, really weird.
When there is record breaking temperatures, and floods in the south, that goes on the national news fast, but if anything goes against the global climate change, you hear nothing.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't believe it has so much to do with the movement of the magnetic north pole as it has to do with the fact that it is winter in the Northern Hemisphere. Look at it in July and the situation should be reversed, because it will be winter in the Southern Hemisphere.

la2

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
we had rain in july, and this is our worst winter in over 30 years, this isnt the normal seasonal difference.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by la2
we had rain in july, and this is our worst winter in over 30 years, this isnt the normal seasonal difference.
Sorry, I was just going at the hemisphere thing. I believe that the Earth began to enter a cooling phase twelve years ago and now we are starting to see it get a little uncomfortable. I have no way of knowing, but I think it will get much worse over the next 300 years or so.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Im happy that dominican republic is in the hot zone. My plane is at 9:00 tonight
. Im moving from purple to red for one week!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It has been awhile since its been this cold but its not april its january WINTER these are record temps agreed. I do think there is something broken with the weather but i do not see any real answers only guessing. Even the scientists REAL scientists seem utterly not sure of what to say ?? I hope we dont find out to late if there is something that can be done. The climate summit was definately funny i mean even if all the countrys figured out what shopuld be done . DO WE REALLY BELEIVE for example that IRAN and ISRAEL are gonna work together to save the envirement

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
here up in the mountians its like - 27 C and they are saying that it could drop even more by next week .

to date the coldest its ever been in the voss area was -23 and that was 15 years ago .

i got frost on the inside door lock and small window next to the front door and that is with the heat on .

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
it is winter, this tends to happen anualy.

The only thing that the magnetic pole shift will do is change magnets. However i believe it is the reason for the bee's missing, maybe they use it to navigate, like birds. Woul be interesting if it is the cause, they new quite a wile before we did.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I live on the east coast in Central FL and I am LOVING the weather right now! We never have a week let alone almost two weeks of really cold weather. Usually it's in spirts. Usually we have one day where it's hot then the next it's cold then maybe rainy after that. They say tomorrow's high is 43f with a low of 31f. This hasnt happened here in a very long time. We could have snow flurries! If it snows I am going outside! Heck most of the people here will be out taking pictures..lol

It does seem weird that the whole world seems to be having extreme cold weather in some parts where it hasnt happened in a long time or not at all previously. I wonder what is going on with all this odd weather and the beaching of many sea animals. It all just seems weird.

[edit on 1/8/2010 by mblahnikluver]

new topics

top topics

join