It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Islam4UK?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Islam4UK is a web-based organisation that describes itself as "a platform" for the extremist group Al Muhajiroun, which has been banned in Britain.

Among its founders are the militant preacher Omar Bakri Mohammed – who is living in exile in Lebanon – and former solicitor Anjem Choudary, who both played a part in Al Muhajiroun.

Bakri, who inspired the fertiliser bomb terrorist Omar Khyam, helped organise a seminar after the September 11 attacks in favour of the "Magnificent 19" and went on to call the July 7 bombers the "Fantastic Four".

He and Mr Choudary were also behind the protests against the controversial Danish cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed.

Bakri was banned from the UK shortly after the London bombings in 2005 while his group Al-Muhajiroun was banned under the British Terrorism Act 2006.

However, Islam4UK soon sprang up in its place and offers Bakri a platform to deliver his lectures over the internet.

Labour MP Andrew Dismore, who called for the prohibition of Al Muhajiroun 10 years ago, said: "The trouble is they just keep reinventing themselves."

Islam4UK make it clear that their plan is to make Britain an Islamic state and introduce sharia law.

One article on the site even calls for Buckingham Place to be turned into a mosque once this goal is achieved, showing a mock-up picture of what it might look like.
Mr Choudary, leader of the organisation, has said that "Islam is undeniably the only real solution for Britain's problems."

In February last year he called for people who get drunk to be publicly flogged and declared that alcohol should be "removed from society".

He has repeatedly accused British soldiers of perpetrating "atrocities" against Muslims and admits his supporters were behind the protests by Muslim extremists who met troops returning from Iraq to Luton earlier this year.

Mr Choudary also believes that Christmas is "evil" and turkey dinners, crackers and Christmas trees are the "pathway to hellfire".

In March he was investigated by police after attempting to raise funds for mujahideen fighters. However, his organisation has not been banned.

Just found this article about this extremist group who want to protest in Wooton Bassett. This would be more suited to the war on stupidity category (if there were one). How does a group such as these who are out of touch with even the majority of muslims living in Britain get enough members to keep running. There's not a chance in hell that a group like this would be tolerated in America. So why doesn't the govt. hurry up and deport the rest of the bastards!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I totally,agree with you on this one mate.Arrest.Imprison.Deport.It's the only way ensure these extremist fools can be erradicated from our streets.

I visited his website,and I must say it is one of the funniest things i have ever seen.His plans to install Sharia law,renovate Buckingham Palace into a massive Mosque,complete with huge gold dome,and my personal favourite.....bulldozing every pub,nightclub and Sauna/brothel,and building "educational centres" for women!!!

I personally don't mind him having his pathetic little walk about if he wants to,it is within his rights afforded to him in this country,but not at Wooten Basset where our service men and women are flown home in coffins.

The irony of it all is that under his wonderfull Sharia law,he would probably be executed for even plotting to demonstrate.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Unfortunately their website seems to be down at the moment. Maybe it has been TAKEN down!
I was just going to look up their alleged stance on wanting all British women to wear the burkha. It will be a cold day in hell before I appear on the street dressed in a black tablecloth with an eye slit cut out...
Apparently they have now had the temerity to say they will call off their march IF the government agrees to a debate.
Needless to say, we can't let ourselves be blackmailed.
I doubt very much whether this silly and offensive march was ever a realistic proposition anyway.
But part of me wonders whether the best tactic would be to say 'bring it on'. And for the rest of humanity to turn up in their thousands and all along the route, turn their backs silently towards these morons.
Except you just know there would be counter demos and fisticuffs and therefore it can't be permitted anyway.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Let them march.

They will be destroyed.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Andy schneder and the German intel... his friends where the owners of 4u quarter horses and they where some mafia guys. Andy is the one who asked me to work for OSAMA>

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thread on March

Have a looko at this video, very "enlightening"

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by witchfinder

Deport Its the only solution and a good fine price, i wonder who will back up him on that.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I sought out some answers on this group a little while back. I received a response from the appropriate organization.

To whom it may concern,

Do not worry about it.

We are already on it.

Sincerely,
(Blocked out)

That group is, allegedly, the JIDF.
Here comes the fireworks

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Dnevnoi]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Islam4UK to be banned, says Alan Johnson

Membership of Islamist group Islam4UK and al-Muhajiroun to become criminal offence punishable by up to 10 years' jail

The Islamist group Islam4UK, which planned a march through Wootton Bassett, and its "parent" organisation, al-Muhajiroun, will be banned under new legislation outlawing the "glorification" of terrorism, Alan Johnson announced today.

The order, which will come into effect on Thursday, will make it a criminal offence to be a member of either of the groups, punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

"I have today laid an order which will proscribe al-Muhajiroun, Islam4UK, and a number of the other names the organisation goes by," Johnson said. "It is already proscribed under two other names – al-Ghurabaa and the Saved Sect or the Saviour Sect.

Johnson said that proscription was "a tough but necessary power to tackle terrorism", adding that it was "not a course we take lightly".

The decision, based on months of monitoring the output of websites and comments by senior figures, will have to be endorsed by parliament. Al-Muhajiroun was founded by Omar Bakri Muhammad and Anjem Choudary, and has been operating in Britain since the mid-1980s.

The group became notorious for praising the September 11 attacks in 2001. Bakri was banned from Britain by the former home secretary Charles Clarke in August 2005, on the grounds that his presence in the country was "not conducive to the public good".

At the same time, the Home Office announced its intention to ban the group but it disappeared from view before relaunching itself in June last year.

The Saviour sect and al-Ghurabaa were proscribed under the 2000 Terrorism Act.

Islam4UK has called off its planned march through Wootton Bassett, the Wiltshire market town that has come to symbolise the fatalities sustained by British forces in Afghanistan.

It said it had "successfully highlighted the plight of Muslims in Afghanistan globally".

The group said that if their organisation and al-Muhajiroun were banned, "another platform with a new name will arise to continue to fulfil these divine objections until the sharia has been implemented".

Counterterrorism legislation passed in 2006 is designed to automatically ban any "successor" organisations set up by proscribed groups.

Home Office lawyers are drawing up the necessary parliamentary order implementing the ban so it can be debated by MPs within days.

The move came as MPs heard evidence of tensions within government over the direction of the official programme aimed at preventing violent extremism.

Written evidence from the Local Government Association (LGA) for a special Commons select committee held in a Birmingham mosque yesterday, confirmed that tension between the Home Office's office of security and counterterrorism and the Department of Communities and Local Government had been a problem at times.

The LGA said the heart of the disagreements had been the focus of the Prevent programme, with the communities secretary, John Denham, arguing that it should be part of the broader work on community cohesion and equalities. "Police and the security services will necessarily see things in a different perspective," an LGA memo said.

Its evidence said that the security services have moved away from developing a profile of a "typical extremist", to a more rounded analysis of potential risks and interventions.

Evidence from the Association of Chief Police Officers to the MPs' inquiry said that so far 228 young adults aged under 25 "who have been inspired by the al-Qaida ideology" have been referred to the Channel Project, which provides support to those believed to be vulnerable to radicalisation.

top topics

join