It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Codex Alimentarius has begun, right on schedule

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Wasn't sure what forum to put this in.

Was said that the plan to denutrinize our food was to start 1/1/10. Often wondered how they'd deal with the vitamin industry. Figured they'd start negative propaganda saying that vitamin and mineral supplements are all bad for us (not proposing that they're all helpful). Well, here it is. It's starting.

www.slate.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This article is BS!!!

Anyone who takes vitamins knows that you can tell quite a difference when you stop taking them.

I think Ill stick to mine.

Youre right, pretty soon they will have us thinking Orange Juice and Milk is bad for you too.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Great find! We really need to keep a close eye on this situation because it'll be important to know what's really going on.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think the article is well done. The author backs up every statement with a link to the article she is citing, which are found in reputable, scientific journals. These journals aren't normals mags; all articles are filtered through a peer reviewal process before being published. What is she saying that is so conspiratorial? I think she is making a great point questioning the effectiveness of vitamins, as many Americans include them in their everyday diet. I agree that, "we should stop treating supplements like health candy and more like prescription meds, to be used only when there's a demonstrated need." Props to her for great research.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The supplement sellers do not seem to be in a panic.
Those low dose vitamins shown in the pic really are worthless.

People who fall for the propaganda will notice the diff when they stop taking their supplements.

The denaturing of our food has been underway for a long time, as has been the addition of many poisons. I really have to wonder how such as Campbell Soups got along so well before all these chemicals came along.
They now have the additional expense of not only the chemicals, but the additional expense of printing all those additional ingredients on their labels. Just doesn't seem cost effective to me.

In the past 3 years or so there have been some new "designer" plant sprays that came out. They are made with Hydrolyzed Protein which contain large amount of the neurotoxin Glutamate. (Being the same Glutamate as in MSG.) It can be used a a plant growth stimulator, a Fungacide and an Insecticide. The plant soaks it up and people who are sensitve to MSG can get a nasty reaction from eating veggies grown in it.

If you are feeling sleepy within and hour to 12 hours of eating you may be reacting to the Glutamate. A tablespoon full of MSG will kill a small dog.

Then there is the Citric Acid which has recently been approved for use as a preservative on meats. You can have a reaction to it that is the same as to the "Glutamate. www.pesticideinfo.org...

Do you ever wonder why there are so many people on Anti-Depressives?
Do you wonder why there are now 1 out of 67 children getting Autism?
Do you wonder why there has been a 400% increase in allergies since about 2001?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This article is infuriating. I worked for Wild Oats and Whole Foods for a long time, vitamins and minerals are incredible! As some who uses both western medicine and holistic treatments, there is nothing better for your body than going natural.

Reading this further, I'm really starting to get pissed off.

SHE ACTUALLY SAID THERE'S RESEARCH DEBUNKING THE BENEFITS OF CALCIUM! WHAT A LIAR

everyone, this is her e-mail, [email protected] , please write to her and tell her to stop lying to the public.

piddles out.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
Youre right, pretty soon they will have us thinking Orange Juice and Milk is bad for you too.

Sigh...yknow, people really love to jump to conclusions on "what is healthy and what is not".

Milk is yummy...really.

You should really wonder (as we all should) what we have been brainwashed into defending as "good to put in our bodies"

Eh, screw it...you probably don't care, never researched it (and never will) and will go around singing the praise of "yet another" serious poison that has been forced on us to disrupt our procreation, mental and physical health.

Thank GOD you come to this site for truth.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles

SHE ACTUALLY SAID THERE'S RESEARCH DEBUNKING THE BENEFITS OF CALCIUM! WHAT A LIAR

There are.

And the research has been going on for years.

Good thing you blindly accept such talk as "poppycock".

Lord knows we wouldn't want anyone waking up to the serious damage calcium does to a body.

Hell, they might stop bombarding themselves with it then.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The thing Iv`e wondered about codex alimentarius is this...

Are people getting the wrong end of the stick with the "vitamins etc will be classified poisons" thing?

COuld it be that it is directed only to supplements, which to my knowledge are certainly not any use as they are not constituent in a foodstuff which is where the real benefit comes from? Could it be they are getting of vitamins etc in their (for want of a better word) "freebase" form?

Take apartame right, it is a source of phenylalanine, which occurs naturally in some foods, and indeed is beneficial to us but ONLY when it is IN a food, when it occurs on it`s own such as with the metabolising process of aspartame, then it becomes dangerous.

Am I right or way of the mark with this??

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Originally posted by Mr Mask

Eh, screw it...you probably don't care, never researched it (and never will) and will go around singing the praise of "yet another" serious poison that has been forced on us to disrupt our procreation, mental and physical health.

Hehehe. Yeah I probably won't research it, but since you obviously have exhausted the information out there on what is beneficial to our bodies, please enlighten us. You aren't inferring that milk is a serious poison are you? I've heard some milk has an effect of hormonal development, but a serious poison? I do love a frosty glass of 2%.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by TheScribe]

[edit on 7-1-2010 by TheScribe]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheScribe

You DO understand the pasteurization don't you?

That the bacteria it kills remains in the milk, right?

It kills some good bacteria as well.

I think that process was just invented to control us and to make money....I'm reserving judgment on whether or not they knew it would mess some of up.

just go to;

notmilk.com for further info

I put cream in my coffee and little odds n ends, but I use rice milk in my cereal and don't drink glasses of milk at all anymore.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
No, she's saying that we should stop taking them like candy and start treating them as prescription meds because she's getting everyone on track and in the frame of mind that vitamins should be prescribed by only doctors. She was probably told to start writing about the "possible" (always starts as a possibility to open people's minds that harm can come from vitamins before they move onto the definite) harmful effects of vitamins.

I've been scanning the web on the negativity of vitamins and I found 2 before 2010. Now already after the New Year this one makes 5, so the onslaught has begun.

It's like it's all laid out oh so clearly...

Soon you'll hear stories of corporations pulling this and that brand due to whatever harmful agent found in this brand and that brand. Then a new "revelation" will be made that says Vitamin C (or whichever will be their first target) MAY be harmful. Perhaps someone will die. Nevertheless, a lawsuit or 5 will take place and there you have it.

One of their plan of attacks will be that if you take too much of "this" or too much of "that," "this" can develop in the body and lead to cancer, or whatever. My bet will be they scare people: impotence for men and women maybe become infertile. Then the debate on regulation will begin.

You'll also hear of "new" studies show that Vitamin C (or whichever) has "virtually no positive effects with the human body."

They will also come out and say something about kids and how they shouldn't start taking vitamins until whatever age. They have to start shutting the door first and that will start with younger people. Then they'll start closing the gaps and work on the elderly and say too many vitamins can cause arthritic deterioration on joints, and so on.

I was going to wait until I saw 10 articles on it, but it doesn't matter, we all know where this is going.

Once Health Care is passed everything will then be prescribed to you and of course only a doctor can do that. Vitamins, cold medicine, band aids, etc. will all be categorized and regulated. We will need a prescription for EVERYTHING. Don't laugh, it's true and it's coming to you.

That's another evil part of the Health Care bill --everything related to health will be revamped -vitamins, Tylenol, cold medicine --all over the counter medicines and supplies. Hell, maybe even ear wax removal items! The Government will make companies drown in taxes and buy them out.

Stock up on your Vitamins of choice now.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheScribe
Hehehe. Yeah I probably won't research it, but since you obviously have exhausted the information out there on what is beneficial to our bodies, please enlighten us.

Ok laugher...why not. I know it is impossible to educate "those who remain ignorant on a subject yet still laugh and mock the very same subject", but lets take a shot.

Begin by understanding this "conspiracy" has been around for years, has hundreds of doctors behind its telling information (I assume them to be more knowledgeable in this area then both of us combined).

The studies released showed that Milk and "more like- what is being put into the cows" is very toxic towards growing cells and bodies (mostly to children).

The investigation got picked up by two reporters from a mainstream media news outlet, and they insisted on producing an exposé on the entire scandal.

They lost their jobs, filed for whistle-blower protection and took on the media, demanding the story be shared with the "sleeping world".

The whole scandal is as old as the "Boys Town" scandal (prolly another thing you do not have enough interest in researching or educating yourself on), and was a big hubbub in not only our country, but many others.

Huge companies blocked the exposé from airing (as the reporters will make you understand if you watch the clip I am kind enough to provide), and even threatened them.

The two reporters (if you are old enough, you will recognize them. If not, you probably will giggle more or something equally as intelligent) did not silence themselves "as they were told to do" and went forward anyways with trying to aware the public of just what Milk was doing (and still is) to our children (and even our adults).

They lost their jobs, were sued and warned to remain silent in ways they both agreed were highly illegal and unjustified.

Here is a beginner's first step to grasping this complex issue. If you have the spark needed to further delve into this subject on your own, I salute you... if you don't, well I assume that the TV, Milk and a billion other soft-kill weapons have reduced you into a giggling little "don't-care-bear" just like the rest of societies' majority.

Here is a documentary on the subject complete with the testimonies of both reporters and much much more-

Reporters lose jobs in effort to save your laughing butt from poison.

Do with the information as you please...just know that a site like ATS is all you need to stop laughing at things "as if you have a clue" and start investigating things, as if you "want a clue".

Good day, giggle-toots.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Mr Mask]

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Does anyone notice how the article focuses on how "vitamins don't stop heart attacks, cancer, or strokes"?

Not "vitamins may not keep you marginally more healthy", which is what they are actually reputed to do, but they go for "vitamins won't stop cancer or heart attacks or strokes".

Amazing.

Of course vitamins don't stop major illnesses. That doesn't mean that they aren't useful in other respects.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Its just ass backwards thinking and may lead to new legislation. Linus Pauling died of cancer despite taking large quantity's of vitamin C. What a naysayer will not tell you is that he died at the age of 93! I hope I can live that long and still be somewhat functional.

These same researchers will go home and eat healthy organic fresh food and take high quality supplements while some housewife who reads this will stop buying garlic pills for her husbans heart health. Then that same wife will reason Micky-D's is reasonably healthy for her kids...and hey, the dollar menu is a steal. All that sodium aluminum phosphate for you're brain.

Any sane person knows that proper nutrient intake is a vital part to health...did those surveys account for diet and other factors like smoking? Only plastic bubble, cancer cause'n, chem spray'n,microwave shill'n, agenda fulfill'n, immune kill'n, pharma push'n, family step'n, people herd'n, falsify'n, plausible deny'n, fear monger'n, shot call'n sucka's would deny the health benefits of vitamins, minerals and herbs.

Its time to use some of the establishments very own rhetoric... "The benefits outweigh the risks".

[edit on 7-1-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rygi23

I have been following this agenda with one eye, but it doesn't seem to be going strong enough to worry about. As long as it stops at propaganda level, like the one cited in OP, we should be OK. The worry of course that it will not and in a few years time they will start tightening it up, but I recon we have a few years, so stock up those vitamins

it may be that the reason for all this war on vitamins is to make more money from their sales. If you make it illegal you can make the whole market unregulated and charge what you want, whilst killing off the competition.

Another thing that baffles me is the recommended dosages in the Codex. Say orange has 40-60mg of Vitamin C per 100g. Let’s say 100mg per orange. Many supplement advocates recommend 1000mg of Vitamins C daily as a minimum, usually 3 times a day of that amount. That’s 10-30 oranges a day. To me it looks like a lot of oranges...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rygi23
Wasn't sure what forum to put this in.

Was said that the plan to denutrinize our food was to start 1/1/10. Often wondered how they'd deal with the vitamin industry. Figured they'd start negative propaganda saying that vitamin and mineral supplements are all bad for us (not proposing that they're all helpful). Well, here it is. It's starting.

www.slate.com...

I had a laugh at the final line of the article...

"...according to a study published in the Journal of Clinical Oncology in 2008."

I have worked with anti-cancer drugs and was very familiar with the Oncology literature for several years and attended conferences...
...but when my partner was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago we took another route...
...because I knew they had nothing...
...they think that extending a persons life by a few months is a breakthrough...twits!

Six years later the 'incurable' cancer is gone.

Getting all ninety essential nutrients was one part of a successful alternative treatment.

[edit on 8/1/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So several responses into this and the bold title of this thread has gone unquestioned. Unfortunate.

OP- How does this article relate in any direct way to codex alimentarius? Please do not link me to that stupid thread from a few weeks past about the new year thing- which is an untruth. I'm am versed on the issue.

I agree this raises some red flags as a angled hit piece on Multi's but maybe she really wanted to write about the topic in her own editorial way.

Yes Codex Alimentarius has begun but it began many years ago. And even if it just started "right on schedule," is your thinking such that the WHO chose Emily Anthes of Slate to lead the charge against still free mutli's with a hit piece maybe 10k people read and forget about?

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Moonsouljah]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Wow that's very good and interesting to hear. So did you stay far away from radiation then? I find the anti-chemo claims online quite compelling yet it seems so distant from what 99% of doctors recommend- getting blasted with radiation.

Funny too in the article how she puts down anti-oxidants by saying they might reduce the effectiveness of chemo. Whenever I read something like this I ask why chemo is even being used?

This freaked me out in the store the other day-
blogs.nashvillescene.com...
So drinking 7up is the same as drinking freshly made juice now right? Riiiiiiight.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
wow, there's a lot of pro-codex alimentarius going on in here. How much do they pay you? Are they hiring? Never mind, I don't want to work for Dr. Strangelove.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join