It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No. 1 persecutor tests weapons on Christians

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

you want a specific scenario
how about going to a wedding?

US air strike wiped out Afghan wedding party, inquiry finds

A US air strike killed 47 civilians, including 39 women and children, as they were travelling to a wedding in Afghanistan, an official inquiry found today. The bride was among the dead.
www.guardian.co.uk...

Do you think that was a christian wedding party?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
One story I heard was about a woman in Saudi Arabia, (I think), her daughter was raped by a muslim boss and when the mother went to talk to the man, he poured gas on her and burned her and wasn't prosecuted.
Here's a story of a young saudi girl being burned alive for converting to Christianity. here
In pakistan, Christians are second-class citizens, who have to work (even the children) at the brick kilns. They are mistreated and sometimes killed.
Here!

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Clearskies]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

How about sticking to the OP? We're talking about persecution of religious people in N. Korea. If you wish to rant about Christians, start your own thread.
The last time I checked, two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Not gonna play this stupid back and forth game. Your first post implied that it's only terrorism when it's christians, which is designed to make them feel guilty, but it's bs.
you are in effect trying to shame people out of their concern for Christian persecution, for whatever reason.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Here's a great video on Christian persecution worldwide!!
It's a FACT.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

What I am saying is that people forget to look at both sides to any story and love to play the victim.
Persecution of any religion is wrong, religion is meant to be about loving and peace and trying to become a better person, I get sick of seeing time and time again the whole plight of just 1 religious group when they are all being attacked simultaniously around the globe

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

How about sticking to the OP? We're talking about persecution of religious people in N. Korea. If you wish to rant about Christians, start your own thread.
The last time I checked, two wrongs don't make a right.

Hey Prof, while I haven't followed all of this up, I would strongly caution you as a matter of course against using World Net Daily as any kind of credible source.

If it is an issue of concern, follow up on CBC, BBC (to a lesser degree), or perhaps the best source of world events, Al Jazeera English. Sometimes it is essential to weigh the source.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
reply to post by jerico65

I am not saying that ..

Just saying IF karma Exists ..

I am not saying i agree with it .. i think is horrible that (IF Karma exists) some innocent christian has to pay for the crimes Christianity has committed in the past ..
"Christianity" is not a person. It is not evil, and has never done evil.
People are evil. People corrupt everything.

And, yes, karma will be something for people to fear.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

Not gonna play this stupid back and forth game. Your first post implied that it's only terrorism when it's christians, which is designed to make them feel guilty, but it's bs.
you are in effect trying to shame people out of their concern for Christian persecution, for whatever reason.
Dude!
Way to go.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Also, in NK, Christians (who won't bow to kim il), are sent to gulags, their children are forced to live on the streets! Anyone helping the children can be prosecuted and sent to gulags!
There are reports of children having to eat from dead corpses.

Nothing here that Christians have not done and ,who is to say will not do given the right circumstances ?

If Kim Il just happened to be a Christian whose to say he would not put to death all none believers according to the bibles and not to his whims ?

Kim Il maybe a murderous twat but his lack of scriptural authority exposes him as such, to some George Bush is a man of god previously acting upon the will of a god what's the difference ?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LASTofTheV8s

"Christianity" is not a person. It is not evil, and has never done evil. People are evil.

Then if this is true, christianity is not good and has never done good, people are good.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Nothing here that Christians have not done and ,who is to say will not do given the right circumstances ?

You seem intent on condemning an entire religion, based upon a few believers who are evil. If you did that to a race, you would rightfully be called a bigot. What is your point? If it is to convince people that some human beings do evil, then there is no need to continue. I think most people understand that. However, your posts go way beyond that, and there is no other conclusion to draw, other than the fact that you are trying to push a special brand of bigotry. I would suggest that you look in the mirror and ask whether what you are doing would not be considered to be as evil as you claim others are.
Finally, it seems that you fail to understand that two wrongs do not make a right.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

If Kim Il just happened to be a Christian whose to say he would not put to death all none believers according to the bibles and not to his whims ?

That's simple. If he did, he would not be a Christian. He would be going against Christianity, which does not call for the "putting to death" of "non-believers". Hence, when anyone does so or did so, calling them a Christian is a misnomer, as is them using the term to describe themselves.

I get really annoyed when people decide to start bashing something/someone, about which/who they have no knowledge. Do a little studying on your own and stop parroting fallacies you've heard.

Excuse me Prof for chasing a rabbit there.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by WTFover]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I can post excerpts from Islamic instruction AND from Judaic instruction which prove these two religions (siamese twins in fact) exhort their followers to subject those not of their faith to physical and other violence and death

Show me Christian teachings which exhort Christians (or anyone else) to KILL, to ROB, to RAPE those not of the Christian faith

Show me

You can't

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You seem intent on condemning an entire religion, based upon a few believers who are evil.

Nope, I condemn a religion based upon the requirements of of it's dogmas.

If you did that to a race, you would rightfully be called a bigot.

I don't so I'm not.

What is your point, If it is to convince people that some human beings do evil, then there is no need to continue. I think most people understand that.

Not trying to convince anyone of anything

However, your posts go way beyond that, and there is no other conclusion to draw, other than the fact that you are trying to push a special brand of bigotry.

Not pushing anything merely making observations.

I would suggest that you look in the mirror and ask whether what you are doing would not be considered to be as evil as you claim others are.

I'm not claiming others are evil I just observe their actions and doctrines, I stick the label on orange carrots .

Finally, it seems that you fail to understand that two wrongs do not make a right.

You fail to understand that I'm not claiming that,

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

That's simple. If he did, he would not be a Christian. He would be going against Christianity, which does not call for the "putting to death" of "non-believers".

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Jesus

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

reply to post by WTFover

That's simple. If he did, he would not be a Christian. He would be going against Christianity, which does not call for the "putting to death" of "non-believers".

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Jesus

Joshua is talking to the angels, to do that DURING A PARABLE!

And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

Luk 19:12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

Luk 19:13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

Luk 19:14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this [man] to reign over us.

Luk 19:15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.

Luk 19:16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.

Luk 19:17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

Luk 19:18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.

Luk 19:19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.

Luk 19:20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, [here is] thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:

Luk 19:21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.

Luk 19:22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, [thou] wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:

Luk 19:23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?

Luk 19:24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give [it] to him that hath ten pounds.

Luk 19:25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)

Luk 19:26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.

Luk 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay [them] before me.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Joshua is talking to the angels, to do that DURING A PARABLE!

No Clearskies Jesus was speaking to the crowd in relation to Zacchaeus as the crowd were throwing their toys in the dirt because Zacchaeus was a "sinful"man.

The parable he told was to justify his invitation to Zacchaeus to join him. Jesus' narration of the parable begins at verse 12 and clearly ends at 26.
27 would contextually be completely out of place if taken as part of Jesus' narrative.

Jesus was making it quite clear as to the fact of anyone (his enemies) who would not recognize his claim to the throne of Israel.

Jesus is not messing about here, and as he has previously said anyone who is not with him is against him, this was a dire warning to anyone who rejects Jesus, there were no angels being spoken to.

But bring here these enemies of mine, who did not want me to rule over them, and slaughter them in my presence

Jesus is not messing about here, and as he has previously said anyone who is not with him is against him

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Show me Christian teachings which exhort Christians (or anyone else) to KILL, to ROB, to RAPE those not of the Christian faith

As I previously pointed out -

But bring here these enemies of mine, who did not want me to rule over them, and slaughter them in my presence.

Unless of course this is not your jesus but one of the other ones speaking

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

27 would contextually be completely out of place if taken as part of Jesus' narrative.

Incorrect. How is it "contextually" out of place, when this preceeds it?

12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. 13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. 14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join