It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golden Ratio discovered in a quantum world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
For those who don't know what the golden ratio is, check out this link. It has constantly appeared in nature, mathmatics, architecture, and now in the quantum world!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/661732b0ff3a.jpg[/atsimg]

From this article: Golden ratio discovered in a quantum world

For these interactions we found a series (scale) of resonant notes: The first two notes show a perfect relationship with each other. Their frequencies (pitch) are in the ratio of 1.618…, which is the golden ratio famous from art and architecture." Radu Coldea is convinced that this is no coincidence. "It reflects a beautiful property of the quantum system - a hidden symmetry. Actually quite a special one called E8 by mathematicians, and this is its first observation in a material"

Here is an interesting video on the Golden Ratio

So once again we find the Golden Ration on a previously unknown aspect of life. I can't help but feel we are all connected in a way to the circumstances causing this.

-E-

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Stunning!
If only others would see what this connection could mean.
Good find!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

NICE ONE. S&F!
As usual you are "Continually Enlightened"!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Fascinating. Now, if someone could incorporate that golden ratio into music, we may have a Bill & Ted situation on our hands :-P.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Actually there's a fairly recent book about the Golden Ratio in music -- Charles Madden should be the author. He and I corresponded a bit as he wanted to publish my masters thesis on music and philosophy of science. I wrote a paper on the golden ratio in music.

The problem is that quantum physics relies on "freezing" the uncertainty into a spatial state -- so on the one hand we are told this "golden ratio" is found but on the other hand, as per quantum physics, it's a statistical measurement which is inherently uncertain until measured.

Quantum uncertainty is not "random" as the article implies -- it's inherently unknowable until measured under some technological construct. Logically we can infer that something exists when we are not measuring it -- so some quantum physicists state there is indeed a signaling of information faster-than-light, only it can not be measured.

So to state that a frequency is harmonious because it's the golden ratio actually is a problem of logic. Frequency in NONWESTERN music is not measured as spatial distance. In other words measuring TIME as spatial distance in Western music and Western science is inherently based on the Golden Ratio as the slowest converging irrational number. The harmonic series itself is the slowest DIVERGING rational series of numbers -- but that would be an impossible option in quantum physics -- because again the measurement is dependent on "containing" the information with time as spatial distance.

I actually have a new book on this topic -- "Natural Resonance Revolution" which you can read in full as a free preview -- 90 pages.

www.lulu.com...

[edit on 7-1-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Golden Ratio or "Numero Aureo" is the mark of the Universal Beauty and Universal Intelligence.

GOD speak whit NUMBERS!

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Imagir]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
All this is all throughout music!!

have a look at this site -

goldennumber.net...

The Fibonacci series appears in the foundation of aspects of art, beauty and life. Even music has a foundation in the series

not that i'll pretend i understand all of this. my pea brain is far from this level.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
For those who don't know what the golden ratio is, check out this link. It has constantly appeared in nature, mathmatics, architecture, and now in the quantum world!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/661732b0ff3a.jpg[/atsimg]

From this article: Golden ratio discovered in a quantum world

For these interactions we found a series (scale) of resonant notes: The first two notes show a perfect relationship with each other. Their frequencies (pitch) are in the ratio of 1.618…, which is the golden ratio famous from art and architecture." Radu Coldea is convinced that this is no coincidence. "It reflects a beautiful property of the quantum system - a hidden symmetry. Actually quite a special one called E8 by mathematicians, and this is its first observation in a material"

Here is an interesting video on the Golden Ratio

So once again we find the Golden Ration on a previously unknown aspect of life. I can't help but feel we are all connected in a way to the circumstances causing this.

-E-

Interesting,

This is not news, in fact there is even a related patent filed in 2006. I saw it on line.

The application is used to enhance perception of music and video.

The same guy that patented the application has been saying what's in the article since 1989 but people call him a quack for saying it.

They have a music website but it's not open yet, pre-launch.

I have heard the music, and have seen the videos, it's awesome, makes mp3's sound like vinyl, and CD's better than 5.1. You can feel the music like it's live.

The inventor says it's because your brain can interpret the sound waves and visuals more efficiently, and a bunch of other reasons having to do with nonlinear resonance. All I know is, it seems to do exactly what they say.

If this is true, these guys are going to make a bunch of money.

I'll ask them if I can post the link and say more.

Ziggy

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

top topics

join