It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile phone radiation 'protects' against Alzheimer's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Mobile phone radiation 'protects' against Alzheimer's

news.bbc.co.uk

Florida scientists found that phone radiation actually protected the memories of mice programmed to get Alzheimer's disease.

They are now testing more frequencies to see if they can get better results.

The study by the Florida Alzheimer's Disease Research Centre is published in the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease.

If older Alzheimer's mice already showing memory problems were exposed to the electro-magnetic waves, their memory impairment disappeared.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sarshield.com
www.medpagetoday.com
www.quantumbalancing.com
news.techworld.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Cell Phones & Wireless Hazards
SOUND-OFF, Cellphone Use While Driving
2 Billion May Suffer From Cell Phone Cancer By 2020
Mobile Phone Harmfull Effects

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Cell phones, for all the convenience they offer, have really taken a beating in terms of real and potential harm they can do.

Driving while talking on a cell phone is considered more risky than driving while intoxicated, or at least so.

Texting while driving is considered on a par with murder/suicide.

Electro-magnetic radiation from cell phones has been accused of causing everything from brain cancer to low sperm-count.

And in 2003, some were suggesting that cell phone radiation might cause Alzheimer's.

Now, we have evidence that in mice, at least, high-frequency radiation can not only ward off the effects of Alzheimer's, but can actually reverse its effects.

It's too soon to generalize these data to humans, but certainly these findings are interesting and encouraging in that new treatments and preventions might emerge from these studies.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2010/1/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
So do the phones lead to brain cancer or do they help protect against Alzheimers?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

I can recommend that you read the data I've provided and draw your own conclusions.

There is probably no simple answer. You need water to survive, but drinking too much or getting it into your lungs will kill you.

Recent studies have shown no relationship between cell phone use and cancer, but that doesn't mean that it could not happen under certain circumstances.

Fumes from microwave popcorn can kill you if you breathe too much of it.

When the truth is finally known, we will probably find that the ancient Greeks were correct in their philosophy, "In everything, moderation."

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I really don't know what to believe in the form of cell phones anymore. One person writes this, another states that I do thank you for bringing this article to attention, but I don't know I personally see the thing(s) [cell phones] as a miniature atomic bomb in my mind for some reason.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I almost always use a wired headset when using my cell phone.

That reduces the risk of ill-effects, even if it might limit the good effects, if there are indeed any.

The main point of the article is not that you should start talking on the cell phone more, but that high-frequency radiation is showing signs of having a positive effect on a very tragic and debilitating disease.

[edit on 2010/1/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Here lies the problem with all of this. One day this is bad, the next day that is bad, one day this is good, the next day that is good. I know science and technology are advancing but it seems everday some new report comes out saying X is good and Y is bad, and we do it and end up getting the shaft in the long run. Flouride anyone? What about the recent "study" and "findings" with cigarettes?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I have started using a blue tooth every now and again, but then again I don't feel very safe with that and simply resorted to texting at most times unless it's an emergency.

In all fairness though if it does indeed help then that's great, it would certainly be helpful to those who have family members who are either A. Afflicted with it themselves, or B. Have members of the family who do have it.

Though if it indeed does cure the effects of Alzheimer I wonder if their will be more studies conducted in frequencies to treat other illnesses.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
already posted and being discussed here -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

g

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Interesting story, but I wonder how many more backflips can science do? Something is bad for us one decade and good for us the next.

I think something that should be looked into further in relation to Alzheimers is Toxic Metal Syndrome.

From what I've read so far on the subject the Amalgam tooth fillings most people have had put in their mouths for the past century do leach Mercury vapour, which gets into the bloodstream, and takes Aluminium (yes that is how you spell it folks) directly to the brain and then provides symptoms akin to Alzheimers.

When the amalgam fillings are removed in correct sequence even Alzheimers patients have made stunning recoveries.

You can download excellent short videos showing the vapour coming from amalgam fillings, and another that goes into more detail about the effects it has in the brain here...

www....(nolink)/?jrwmjjnilxq

And this one from the University of Calgary...

www....(nolink)/?noddqumukdo

Now back to the advertised topic.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Please contribute to the previous discussion on this topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

top topics

join