It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are you a member of THE church of satan?

page: 1

join
share:
arc

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
sorry - couldn't resist using an old GGFH lyric to start this thread off

I found the following site in a somewhat bizarre manner. Had a vivid dream about a spaceship that had fallen from the sky and which I was trying to help fix, woke up with the word Leviathan in my head and decided to feed it into Google while I was still half asleep. I think the 2nd or 3rd site on the results was one that linked directly to this place:

Xeper

Please read this with an open mind and don't immediately get hysterical because it mentions Satan. The authors are aware you will do this and have planned for it

let me know what you think. btw I'm not a member as I don't have 80 dollars to spare, but this is one church I would potentially join if I did such things

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I've read a similar site to this one before. This is the secondary type of Satanism. There are 2 distinctive types. I don't mind this one so much, but it should probably have a separate name, seeing that it gets a bad wrap for seeming like its brother religion. There is an extremely evil version of Satanism, but this one is like Mr. Rogers.

Overall, they present "ok" points. I agree that one must empower their self with the ability to forgive others as well as their own "sins." At the same time, I'm not against the idea of Jesus forgiving as well. I think real life is similar to a combination of these beliefs. We must forgive ourselves and have others forgive us. Who is complete in a world all alone, or in a world where they don't matter to anyone else? I would claim, "no one."

[Edited on 27-2-2003 by Protector]

[Edited on 27-2-2003 by Protector]

arc

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
good point there

maybe the right 'path' is neither the black or the white, but the grey....

there's a time to act in your own interests, there's a time to put yourself in the service of something greater than yourself, and knowing which time it is, is one of the hardest lessons life will ever teach you

[Edited on 27-2-2003 by arc]

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
"Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test first & the lesson after."

I don't remember who first said that...

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Churhc of Satan what a nice subject!

I myself am not a satanist, I have known the Chruch of Satan for some time now and I feel I know enough in order to give my honest opinion about it and its members.

Some people mentioned that there are 2 types of satanism, that is correct, or at least it is correct if you assume that Church of Satan's (from here refered as CoS) is a form of satanism.
Well in my opinion it isn't, CoS' religious views of satan are only metaphorical, LaVeyan satanists (LaVey was the founder of CoS) don't believe in satan, rather they inspire themselves in satan's biblical references to live their own lifes.
I am specially refering to satan's fall from heaven, they inspire themselves in that act and from it they manage to take out concepts of Individuality and Spiritual Power or Strenght.
In my opinion thou, CoS is not satanism, it is atheism masked of satanism.

Why then would Lavey have called it Satanism instead of Atheism? Well it seems quite obvious to me, imagine you are a 16 year old (as I am) and you go to school, you find your best friend and you tell him "Hey dude I am an atheist" now imagine you tell him instead "Hey dude, I am a Satanist, I am a member of the CoS!". I find it amasing as financial strategies are on the basis of even underground relegious (or spiritual) movements.

I won't talk about luciferian satanism, I don't know about it as much as I'd like or as much as I'd need in order to talk intelligently about it.

CoS however have another major flaw, LaVeyan doctrines are a damn copy of a personality I think so high about, Friedrich Nietzsche, and the points of Individualism, Strenght, Power and even Antichristianism that LaVey talks about were first taught by Nietzsche more than 100 years ago, however that hasn't stoped LaVey (now dead) from taking profit ( a lot! believe me!) out of Nietzsche's tought in a rather desconfortable (Nietzsche himself would hate LaVeyan doctrines ie. its morals and values) for "Nietzscheans" all over the world.

Now would it be great if someone would think about founding the Church of Intelligence or the Church of Tought instead of coming with worse solutions to the Christianity problem?

arc

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
lol I agree with you on your proposals for new churches, however I think you might find many branches of the christian faith do encourage thought and intelligence amongst their members!

Maybe a way of looking at the two branches is that there is

1. A church of satan that worships satan in the same way a christian would worship god, and stands for the antiposis of christian values. However some christians have much stricter moral values than others, which may be why occasionally people who are pro-choice, like rock music, take recreational drugs etc are perhaps somewhat wrongly referred to as satanists. This would also encompass those who idolise things such as money and power.

2. A church of satan that does not worship a higher power, but which believes all (wo)mankind has the elements of their own divinity within and should work to develop them and take control for their own lives, rather than placing their trust in god. Maybe the biblical link here is that Satan was a fallen angel, so a satanist sees themselves as something capable of greatness but imprisoned within an earthly form.

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The thing is that there is only a church of satan like you described in the second branch.

People there at the CoS don't ever get tired of saying "I am my only god, you shall be your only god" pure individualist atheism.

As for people actually worshiping satan like christian worship god that people usually hate the Church of Satan and follow luciferian satanism, do rituals to satan and things like that, they are in minor numbers thou, I believe.

[Edited on 2-3-2003 by Antichrist]

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   

What's wrong with rock music?
nothing of course Heavy Metal rules!

As far as the two churches, I know that both do exist. I have no idea which is bigger or more organized, but both types do exist.
If they bost do exist than the Laveyan church of satan is the more organized and the one taking the more profit.

My thought is, "what event would lead you to want to worship suffering, hate, and pain?" But perhaps that's the $10,000,000 question.

First: Who says that satanists in the LaVeyan sense of the word worship suffering, hate and pain? Au contraire, they worship the individual, it's freedom, it's own values, it's own moral and thought.

Second: There are many things who make people worship Death, Sufeering... etc... anger, disgust, despise for humankind, not everyone must be a happy like a teenager after smoking pot. Anger does exist, there are people who kill for pleasure and people who hate as a lifestyle, there are people who celebrate their hate for others as a trait of their own superiority, the choices to worship such things are imense and vast.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   
thanks protector - nice open minded post.

I'm not a memeber of the church of satan - personally i feel that i dont need to be a member to uphold my views, it seems pointless.I do know a few members however.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
thanks protector - nice open minded post.

I'm not a memeber of the church of satan - personally i feel that i dont need to be a member to uphold my views, it seems pointless.I do know a few members however.

I'd like to add the two types of satanism are not LaVeyan and traditional/luciferian....
They are MODERN and traditional/luciferian. Although LaVey was the founder of the modern church of satan, not all members follow his philosophy or therories, in fact some pretty much hate him yet still class themselves as modern satanists....

top topics

join