It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Yorkers charged with child endangerment for not registering Home School curriculum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

This has nothing to do with the children.

It has everything to do with control.

And what is wrong with the government "controlling" childrens rights?
Children are not property, the have rights as human beings, one of which is a decent education. So what if a parent decides they need only a religious education, they are deciding that childs future as an adult, something they have no right to do. The state allows home schooling, religion can be part of that, but every child has the right to learn, math, science, literature etc as a basic foundation for making educated choices for their lives, not to be molded to their the parents whims.
If you want to talk about control, what about a parent who ignores their own childs future and rights as a person, just to indoctrinate them and brainwash them to conform to their beliefs.
All they had to do is register, I have a feeling they didn't because they wanted to do just that, brainwash their kids. That's child abuse.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm curious to see some standardized test scores or aptitude scores of the kids.

A laugh riot if they were considered above average for their government school counterparts.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Don't submit. Resist every step of the way. Make these bullies afraid of the people. Hopefully HSDLA will send a team of vicious lawyers to counteract the states underpaid, and undereducated vicious lawyers.

They enforce school to enforce their warped mind control and maintain a lock on their satanic government value system. It is blatantly unconstitutional, violating the first, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, ninth and tenth amendments IMHO.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
who says that the public school education is what a child needs? most teachers are bi est any ways and teach the children the way that they want to. you can give a child "the best" education and they can still turn out to be morons. it should be only up to the parent to decide what sort of education they're child gets. why should any one have the right to say what is best for my child? if a child is intelligent (no matter wether the education is religious or non-religious) they will succeed in life. intelligence comes from with in, not what is forced on to from without. it seems that some people in this world wants to tell every one el's how they should run they're lives. that's called control. I know dam well that I don't want my little girl learning from a bi est system. she will learn her math, English and true science and she will do so in the views of her parents, not some person that was deemed worthy to teach by the government. the government that has suppressed us and debilitated us for hundreds of years.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by nixie_nox

I guess like you have to register your car, your dog , your this, your that.

Why shouldn't you have to register your car? It consumes resources, pollutes, and can kill people. It is also using the roads that the governments of all levels maintain. You want to be anonymous? Pay the two bucks to take public transportation.
Same thing with dogs. Except for taking them on public transportation.

This has nothing to do with the children.

Yea it does actually. As parents you have a responsiblity to raise children to be a part of society. SOOO hard to be a functional member of society if you can't read or write.

It has everything to do with control

yea, because giving a person an education and teaching them how to do research is such a controlling move.

What if the gov does not like the curriculum?

government despises those lowly math numbers and chemistry equations. If you homeschool, you kinda gotta follow a curriculum. but you actually have more freedoms then teachers to teach it. In fact, homeschool parents get pretty creative with regards to teaching. You just submit now and then what you have taught.

What if the parents feel a religious only schooling is necessary to their child?
Fine. As long as the child can read and write Mohammed or Jesus and not just recite scripture.

I guess than the gov will just take them away.

who?

Because we all know gov knows best for everyone and everything.

Ever member of government has gotten where they are because of what someone has taught them. The greatest diservice anyone can do to a child is not to teach them anything so that they don't have any skills in life.

When a child turns 16 then they can decide their education, but I am sure no one yelled at their parents for teaching them how to read and write. Besides, how would all those teens express their angst without writing dark and gothic poems?

[Still do not understand us people do you?

What? Oh I forgot I am really QXTESSETTE bleep bleep from the 8th sector. *stuffs a tenticle that slipped out back under her shirt*

Cannot allow anyone to not follow the line into that BOX, that the rest of the world belongs in, huh?

If someone didn't teach you to read and write you wouldnt' be on ats telling me something about being a non person and living in a box.

Long before government people read, write,and drew. They are basic human functions.

In fact, most societies to repress people, removed their abilities to read and write. That is how you tell someone that they are not considered equal, you remove their ability to educate themselves or to be educated.

So unless you are all for repressing sects of society, people have a right to an education till they are old enough to decide for themselves they no longer need it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join