It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst *new* games.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
There are plenty of games on the market, xbox 360, ps3, etc...
So new thread.

What's the worst games, in your opinion, that came out recently?

I'll start.

After seeing the TV commercial, I purchased Rogue Warrior.
I figured it was a great game with good plot and all. (I love splinter cell games)

My opinion:
Worst game bought so far. Super easy to beat and short game length.
I'm still working it through. Trying to get it off my "worst" list.
Very disappointed after beating it in about 2 hours. Ending is terrible.

I would not recommend buying it; renting is a better option.

I guess I'll stick with CODMW2 FTMFW!

*Disclaimer: This is opinions only, my worst might be your favorite!*

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Borderlands, ok I enjoyed it but the ending, dear me, absolutely terrible!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I found resistance 2 pretty dissapointing and Wet one of the worst games I have ever seen.

Borderlands is good but yeah, the ending could have been better although the Zombie Island add on is pretty fun.

I've been burned too many times with games that look really cool but end up being the biggest steaming piles of dog doo I have ever seen.

I rent games now before purchasing to make SURE I am going to like it.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I also have to add the new God of War game sucked donkey b#$ls

Other BAD games to avoid buying

-Dirt 2
-The Saboteur
-ANY movie game
-Uncharted 1 or 2 (while the single player is fun, there is not much replayability. Once completed thats pretty much about it. The multi player was REALLY bad)

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

-ANY movie game

Avatar the game was extremely dissapointing, i bought it on an impulse after seeing the movie, now i have an $80 coaster to put my drinks on :shk:

From now on ill be renting games before buying..

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I watched a video on Rogue Warrior. Wow, worst pile of crap I have seen in a long time. Looked like a PS2 game with some sort of a profanity engine running. Hard to believe they could get Mickey Rourke to be a part of that. And Bethesda should be ashamed.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Although I find it a great game, Assassins creed 2 did dissapoint me.

It was way too short, there is a section of the first map (Florence) that is never accessable and there are memory sections that are missing and never come into play.

There is a good story and the combat mechanics are great but it was never fleshed out properly.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sicklecell
From now on ill be renting games before buying..

I'm with ya on that one.

Renting is more applicable when thinking about purchasing.

Its either this, or I'm buying used.

....Oh yeah I wonder if there's going to be a Tiger Woods 2010?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I hear ya, give it time though. Im sure they're saving that stuff for future content downloads. The game is short but with all the side missions and things to find, you can drag it out quite a bit. Also, I like that once you finish the story, you can still continue playing.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Renting before purchase is the way to go. Im all about saving money.

There are games though that you KNOW are going to be good, like COD modern warfare, etc.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

What new God of War game?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Sorry, I ment the 2 pack out now . They all suck the same.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by QBSneak000]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I was watching a commercial on the new "DarkVoid" coming out at the end of the month. Looks pretty good but as we all know looks can be decieving.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
I was watching a commercial on the new "DarkVoid" coming out at the end of the month. Looks pretty good but as we all know looks can be decieving.

Can you dowload the demo, I did, and it's OK, you only get to do a fairly small part of a mission but you can spend as long as you like just flying around (you get to shoot down flying saucers), it's kinda like halo with a rocket pack.
It's quite hard especially on hardcore setting.

It's tricky to get used to the controls but you do, really you must try the demo.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Sorry a little off topic, But I brought a video game thinking it was gonna suck purely for the comedy value and was surprised at how much I liked it : Destroy all Humans 2.
BEST GAME EVER!

But yeah I think the worst game I've played in ages was Tony Hawks Project 8. I've been a huge fan of the series since number 1 when me and my mates would wag school to play it, and every other game in the series was super sweet. But project 8 was so disappointing, they completely changed the game to make it some kind of 3d nokia 3310 game.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
Sorry a little off topic, But I brought a video game thinking it was gonna suck purely for the comedy value and was surprised at how much I liked it : Destroy all Humans 2.
BEST GAME EVER!

But yeah I think the worst game I've played in ages was Tony Hawks Project 8. I've been a huge fan of the series since number 1 when me and my mates would wag school to play it, and every other game in the series was super sweet. But project 8 was so disappointing, they completely changed the game to make it some kind of 3d nokia 3310 game.

I was also a huge fan of the series until I playede Skate, 1 and 2, it's hard as nails but if you have a serious liking for skating, you'll never look back.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
BEST GAME EVER!

I'm gonna have to find this and try it out. I heard it was good too.

Originally posted by Chukkles
I was also a huge fan of the series until I playede Skate, 1 and 2, it's hard as nails but if you have a serious liking for skating, you'll never look back.

I played Skate 1, and enjoyed it.
Still gotta try skate 2.
It's pretty realistic. I always enjoyed skateboarding games.

Even as far back as the older 720! arcade game...

Remember that one?

[edit on 14-1-2010 by havok]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
So is the Zombie add on pack worth getting for Borderlands?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kurtcobainuk

If you're a Zombie fanatic like me, then yes. Its a little repetative but hey.....killing zombies is always fun.

I have a PS3 so I couldnt get the new left 4 dead but I am looking forward to Dead Rising 2 available on all platforms AND its multiplayer co-op

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

I recently purchased Left 4 Dead 2. Eh... it's ok.
Love those zombie games.
Evil Dead games always tickled my fancy.

Also, I got Skate 2 and Fight Night 4.
Skate 2 is awesome, still playing it. FN4, haven't played yet.

Can't wait for that new Splinter Cell: CONVICTION.
Looks great.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join