It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel Ancient Astronaut Theory

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
I knew this for a long time that ETs were are gods and still is

Don't mistake the ET's as Gods. All they are is another civilization of beings who are more "technologically" advanced than we are.

I bow before nothing but the most high (The Universe). Everything else are just residents renting space.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Von Däniken has also used photographs of pottery depicting UFOs, claiming that the pottery came from an archaeological dig and dated to biblical times. The television series Nova determined that this was a fraud and located the potter who actually made the pots in question. When confronted with this evidence, Von Däniken argued that the deception was justified because some people would only believe his theories if they saw proof.

When confronted with this evidence, Von Däniken argued that the deception was justified because some people would only believe his theories if they saw proof.

Now he admitted and justified this fraud,

This sends up warning flags for me, so what I did was look into all the scientific explanations of ancient civilization as well,

Not that I trust them either, but I had to form my own opinion, by weighing both sides.

[edit on 053131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

Thanks for helping me out, as if I wasn't able to come to that conclusion myself. So you are saying that FRAUD, EMBEZZLEMENT, and FORGERY all align with your morals?

First of all, I wasn't attacking you, therefore there's no reason for you to do the same. As a matter of fact, I specifically said that it was good that you posted the info so that others could make up their own minds. However, it is not up to me to judge another being according to my idea of morality, nor is it up to you.

There have been many people accused of fraud, embezzlement etc...just because of guilt by association. I do not walk in Van Daniken's shoes, therefore I don't know the circumstances that brought about his situation. That may be something to consider.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Von Däniken has also used photographs of pottery depicting UFOs, claiming that the pottery came from an archaeological dig and dated to biblical times. The television series Nova determined that this was a fraud and located the potter who actually made the pots in question. When confronted with this evidence, Von Däniken argued that the deception was justified because some people would only believe his theories if they saw proof.

When confronted with this evidence, Von Däniken argued that the deception was justified because some people would only believe his theories if they saw proof.

Now he admitted and justified this fraud,

This sends up warning flags for me, so what I did was look into all the scientific explanations of ancient civilization as well,

Not that I trust them either, but I had to form my own opinion, by weighing both sides.

Absolutely. I never said to trust him. I merely said not to dismiss some of the more compelling information that he has helped to bring to light. Without him, there would not be as much information about these topics as there currently is. He has served a purpose and ultimately, I think its a good one.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Thank you! I am glad some people on these forums still believe in the ATS motto!

[edit on 26-12-2009 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I was wondering, did you get a chance to read this link I posted?
jcolavito.tripod.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

HI xX, I have spent a lot of time on this subject, I have read all the books, even obscure ones people on this forum may not have heard of.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I was wondering, did you get a chance to read this link I posted?
jcolavito.tripod.com...

I just finished reading it, thank you. Yes, I've heard many of these same stories before and at one point completely went along with the mainstream idea that UFO's and historical evidence was fabricated by people with large imaginations. Personally, if I had not had my own real UFO experience a few years back, I would STILL be as skeptical as I had been before that event.

I cannot pretend to try to change your view because I used to be equally as skeptical. So, I understand your frame of thought even though I do not agree with it.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

OH I have had experiences also, as I posted earlier, I have made contact,was called telepathically to come and observe them, there were three,

I am a believer, but I am not sure if they are aliens from another planet, or other dimensions,

It is just that the writers of these books also make money off them, ;o)

And some of their claims can be explained, I don't think ancient man was incapable of amazing technological feats,

The question is, who inspires them?

The scientist and the mystics, and prophets, and scribes,

I love that word,inspire,

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
For those of that that are unaware, von Dänikenn has been convicted of fraud several times, and served prison

no he didnt. Im going to wager though, that you got your information from wikipedia
you may as well reference the national enquierer moron. Do some research for yourself for a change.

I'll bet that if von Danikken was here, he would predict that a mod will be reading your vitriolic post with great interest very soon

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I too have written a book, but refuse to release it because of scrutiny and the idea that spirituality should not be something that is capitalized off of. According to many people who have read it, they say that it would be a great thing to release to the general public. However, I have no idea of how to release it into the mainstream and not charge a fee for the costs I would incur from publication, distribution and other expenses.

In the end, everything costs money and there's no way to truly release something without either making a profit, or losing so much that the writer would become broke.

Its good that you've had experiences though. That puts you ahead of the curve when it comes to dealing with potential hoaxes and the such. One experience is often an excellent viewpoint that many others would die to have. Unfortunately, sometimes when one has an experience, they tend to believe everything out there that may have little or no merit. Having multiple experiences is great because a close connection with the ethereal realm will help you discern fact from fiction. Thanks for your reply.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1ldofthe70s

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth.” - Sherlock Holmes

So whether you favor the Ancient Astronaut theory or not, following Mr. Holmes logic indicates that the cartoon previously posted could very well be correct. I am by no means bashing anyones beliefs. I am merely open minded enough on this topic to consider all possibilities.

If people are seriously sourcing von Danikken, then I say, Hell, why not? A cartoon would be just - if not more - reliable a source.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Having multiple experiences is great because a close connection with the ethereal realm will help you discern fact from fiction. Thanks for your reply.

OH I agree, and understand,

I have read some free online books, I would love to read your book,

Why can't you post it here, post it as a topic, or get permission to have no comments posted until you were finished.?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Well, the book itself is quite long and, unfortunately, is still unfinished. It won't take long to put the final touches on it, but, I doubt that ATS would allow something that has over 500 pages to be placed on its site.

I actually thought about making a website that people could obviously access for free, but again, it would take some money to put it together and then maintain. And, when it is finished, I would be more than honored to send a copy your direction, even if its just through email.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

Well, the book itself is quite long and, unfortunately, is still unfinished. It won't take long to put the final touches on it, but, I doubt that ATS would allow something that has over 500 pages to be placed on its site.

I actually thought about making a website that people could obviously access for free, but again, it would take some money to put it together and then maintain. And, when it is finished, I would be more than honored to send a copy your direction, even if its just through email.

OK,

How about a topic of excerpts?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

U2U me your email, and I will send you some of the book.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thoughtthat's it in a nut shell.We know how old the planet is so it is possible that we have been mostly destroyed only to star over in the past! The thing is we could also have been put here by other beings. We might have had help along the way also, so any one point of view could be right. We have to be open minded enough to take all things we know and try to make our own choice on it. I for one really don't know what to make out it all, strange things indeed have happened. I would just wish we could talk about it without being so shameful to each other! Maybe someday we might learn more in our life-time that is. I say to each his own, because as I said there isn't enough info just yet. I enjoy reading all the threads here and the different point of views, so keep up the good work my friends!!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I don't fall for the discrediting tactics of the MSM. Serving prison time does not mean that a person is incapable of telling the truth, it just means that either they were falsely convicted (happens all the time), or that he got caught doing something that the state deems against current codes or statutes.

Erm,.. apart from stating the bleeding obvious, what are you saying? That a person should not be judged on their personal merits??? Particularity when those said merits involve dubious actions involving fraud and deceit???

You are either exceptionally trusting, or exceptionally naive about human nature.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

I don't fall for the discrediting tactics of the MSM. Serving prison time does not mean that a person is incapable of telling the truth, it just means that either they were falsely convicted (happens all the time), or that he got caught doing something that the state deems against current codes or statutes.

Erm,.. apart from stating the bleeding obvious, what are you saying? That a person should not be judged on their personal merits??? Particularity when those said merits involve dubious actions involving fraud and deceit???

You are either exceptionally trusting, or exceptionally naive about human nature.

Well, if that makes you feel better about your personal assessment of who I am, then so be it.

However, It's not in my nature to always judge others based on things that have occurred in the past. Everyone can make changes in a multitude of ways and are not always destined to repeat past experiences or failures. I like to think that there are many who tend to grow older and wiser as they develop in years. We are human and are prone to mistakes...and just because one were to err in the past does not condemn them for eternity.

If that makes me naive, then so be it. However, I have found that an open mind and providing a certain sense of trust will typically bring out the best in people. And that is my personal theory on humanity. Will there be disappointments because of the way that I approach life? Yes. But Again, we all make mistakes.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
although I've seen some of these before - they are very interesting and worth watching wayyy more than anything else on TV these days; isn't the fact that the "HISTORY" channel is playing stuff like this PROOF enough that something really IS going on out there???? I mean I guess I'm getting old - almost 30 years old now... but I've been reading about weird stuff like this since the late 80's.. these days you turn on the HISTORY channel and there's all kinds of shows about aliens and UFO's on. But maybe it's just another conspiracy, perhaps the HISTORY channel sold out and instead of playing shows about things like World War II they're now focusing more on UFO's and aliens?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join