It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel Ancient Astronaut Theory

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth.” - Sherlock Holmes

So whether you favor the Ancient Astronaut theory or not, following Mr. Holmes logic indicates that the cartoon previously posted could very well be correct. I am by no means bashing anyones beliefs. I am merely open minded enough on this topic to consider all possibilities.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1ldofthe70s

please, and they would've made another calender OR the could've used a bigger rock, but they didnt, so im suspecting, it got to be a reason that 2012 ended on the mayans calender, if and only if the ancient alien theorys is true

[edit on 26-12-2009 by sam_inc]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

Regardless of the levity in the cartoon, I think things like Puma Punku are mind boggling IF you try to rationalize that earlier man who were deemed 'primitive' by some could have so flawlessly carved these structures with basic tools. How many true masters that live today could do that now? Not to mention did they even have the tech back then to outfit carving tools with diamond tips? I would wager the answer is no.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by ch1ldofthe70s]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Thats why I beileve this theory is true, and more people should know about this, im surprised the media doesnt talk about this. I think its important subject in my opinion. Since I watch this documentary, now I beileved E.ts is our god, but alot of ppl dont know that and they wouldnt beileve it, but once they figure it out "whom was falling from the skies"? were, indeed e.ts

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I am quite convinced that some of the ancients, especially the Sumerians and those puma punk'tu folk, were visited by ET's, and treated them like Gods. I saw this documentary a while ago, and it certainly is a great one.

My only other reason for believing they weren't visited by ET's is the theory that there was a great earth-born civilization (Atlantis, Lumeria, Mu, whatever you want to call it) with technology almost as advanced as their own. They were scattered for some reason, but their technology and legend lived on through the ancients.

I can't remember this was on it, but I remember some people cite the isolated pacific island native's treatment of WW2 American forces as evidence pointing towards the God's were actually ET's.

The natives built monuments and statues of the airplanes, and prayed to the airman for food, safety, ect.

I think the most interesting thing about the whole ancient astronaut theory is that the ancients all said that there God's would return someday.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
and all this time we're worshipping the E.Ts and not god

Wow! talk about wrong history, I guess the government still wins

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc

Thats why I beileve this theory is true, and more people should know about this, im surprised the media doesnt talk about this. I think its important subject in my opinion. Since I watch this documentary, now I beileved E.ts is our god, but alot of ppl dont know that and they wouldnt beileve it, but once they figure it out "whom was falling from the skies"? were, indeed e.ts

If man found out there is no heaven or hell....that 'this is it', there would be complete breakdown of society and law and order.

The rich would need 24-7 protection...and given the facts, who could be trusted to keep another safe?

IMO, Home Sapien is a product of alien technology.

And like the 17 year cicada.....every few millenia they return and do a home inspection.

Then they call Terminex.

[edit on 12/26/2009 by DCPatriot]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1ldofthe70s
reply to post by sam_inc

you try to rationalize that earlier man who were deemed 'primitive' by some could have so flawlessly carved these structures with basic tools. How many true masters that live today could do that now?

True, but how much more did the ancients rely on primitive techniques to construct their massive pyramids and buildings. They had to rely on less advanced ways, because they didn't have the technology that we do (to our knowledge).

Today construction is done by machines and an entirely different means. Perhaps this is why only a select few could recreate SOME of the structures from the ancient world.

There is another video out there, done by the history channel as well... showing how the ancients may have moved megalithic blocks to construct their buildings. Similar to the above video, but moving much larger blocks, 1000's tons, on rollers. But it is definitely interesting how these large blocks were transported over huge distances of mountainous terrain, that definately makes me wonder

[edit on 26-12-2009 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DCPatriot

I completed agree with you.

LMAO @ "law and order"

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/12/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I first read Erich von Daniken's book, "Chariots of the Gods" when I was in grade school, and I remember thinking, it's funny that the school would get THIS book! Mr. Daniken didn't really try to tell me any facts in the book, what he did was open up my formerly closed mind to the real possibility that there is more that just we human beings here, that there are in fact many worlds out there with human like inhabitants. He asked questions. That book got me started on a quest I am still on today, and that quest will never end until I can shake hands with ET in a fully concious manner.

And for those of you who tend to dwell on a person's crimes instead of their message, what do this anyway? We all make mistakes, myself included. Does a person's miner crimes make them a bad person, not to be trusted? That is the nature of a professional debunker, isn't it? I'm just saying....

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
I am quite convinced that some of the ancients, especially the Sumerians and those puma punk'tu folk, were visited by ET's, and treated them like Gods. I saw this documentary a while ago, and it certainly is a great one.

My only other reason for believing they weren't visited by ET's is the theory that there was a great earth-born civilization (Atlantis, Lumeria, Mu, whatever you want to call it) with technology almost as advanced as their own. They were scattered for some reason, but their technology and legend lived on through the ancients.

I can't remember this was on it, but I remember some people cite the isolated pacific island native's treatment of WW2 American forces as evidence pointing towards the God's were actually ET's.

The natives built monuments and statues of the airplanes, and prayed to the airman for food, safety, ect.

I think the most interesting thing about the whole ancient astronaut theory is that the ancients all said that there God's would return someday.

The Lumerians came from Mars and landed on Earth and Duplicate statues

can be found on this Earth that are on Mars. The use of the letters (S), (Y),

and (E) are prevalent near statues and monuments both on Earth and Mars.

Their use of the modern version letter (Y) was and is used today and again

can be found on this Earth as well as Mars. ^Y^

[edit on 26-12-2009 by amari]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If the media, which brain wash, share theories I won't believe it.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

And I am far from a professional debunker... I like to approach every topic and idea that I come across in a scientific approach (which I wish more here on ATS would share!) First examining both sides of the story through facts and proven evidence, and then coming to my own conclusions.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What really interest me are the sculptures and the painting of the aliens, very interesting.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

Just a little double take here so I can laugh at my own mistake.

When you said:

and all this time we're worshipping the E.Ts and not god

Wow! talk about wrong history, I guess the government still wins

I didn't immediately cotton on to what you meant: that people think they are worshipping God, but are inadvertently worshipping ETs — and that the government would come out on top even if this came out and law & order consequently broke down!

I starred your post as I had taken it as expressing something totally different, but very profound — that people are more inclined to look with awe at 'ET's than at God because of the kind of populist speculations (or 'wrong history' as you put it) that Von Däniken promotes, with the result that the PTB can more easily be regarded as the highest earthly authority!

I think I mistook your intended meaning, but suddenly saw what is possibly the ultimate motivation for the way the entertainment industry has been pushing the 'we are not alone' agenda for decades.

(Sorry if this steps on some people's toes — but I believe the PTB & the media are in cahoots to manipulate the beliefs of many away from the God of the Judeo-Christian faiths via pop culture and the entertainment industry.)

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You might watch the video and think yes i have seen all this before,so whats new.So you cannot see the forest for the trees.There are some new things in this video i have never seen before and only very wise people can fully understand.I have already sent a message to Erich Von Daniken weeks ago about certain aspects of chariots of the gods.It looks like now i will have to contact Erich again.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

(Sorry if this steps on some people's toes — but I believe the PTB & the media are in cahoots to manipulate the beliefs of many away from the God of the Judeo-Christian faiths via pop culture and the entertainment industry.)

and I agree, and I believe there are aliens, I am not sure were or how they are here, but they are, I have seen them and communed with them,

However, Stichin and Von Daniken, cannot be fully trusted, there are many explanation that this program overlooked,

Do I believe Prophets like Zachariah and Ezekiel made contact, yes I do.

From Cthulhu to Cloning
jcolavito.tripod.com...

A critical examination of the role Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos played in setting the stage for the ancient astronaut hypothesis with an emphasis on the connections among "alternative" authors.

I read this a long time ago, found it very enlightening, enjoy.

[edit on 043131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
Interesting theories about this and ancient structures constructed from diarite. Suggesting that machined tools were used with diamond tipped blades.

However, I am very skeptical with some of this, specifically because they use Erich von Daniken to support their argument. For those of that that are unaware, von Dänikenn has been convicted of fraud several times, and served prison time for such crimes. I personally don't believe a word out of his mouth, but there are some very interesting connections made throughout this documentary that can only make you wonder....

I don't fall for the discrediting tactics of the MSM. Serving prison time does not mean that a person is incapable of telling the truth, it just means that either they were falsely convicted (happens all the time), or that he got caught doing something that the state deems against current codes or statutes.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

George Bush...coc aine user+elicit drugs+driving under the influence+pathological liar=PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

I hardly think that a jail/prison record has the full tale on a person's entire existence. However, it is good that you posed the information so that people can make up their own minds. Regardless, there are many points that Erik Von Daniken has made that are compelling and promote critical thinking.

Don't dismiss him entirely because of a police record. There are college students across the U.S. who have crossed the law at some point or another. However, they are still the future of this country, and no amount of character assassination will change that fact.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Thanks for helping me out, as if I wasn't able to come to that conclusion myself. So you are saying that FRAUD, EMBEZZLEMENT, and FORGERY all align with your morals?

fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual

So let me get this straight. You are saying that you would value a person's opinion, who has been convicted of fraud (see above definition), as equal to somebody that has been ethical their entire life. Red flag is all I am saying here people, read my posts...

Come to your own conclusions people! I could really care less if you agree with me or not, but don't attack me... because I have based my opinions off of historical facts and logic, unlike 99% of the people posting on these forums!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join