It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEVGRU vs. SFOD-D

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
just out of curiosity, why has the HRT and CIRG not been mentioned? is it because they are FBI?? or are they the least called up on ,er frowned on, can be researched at fbi.gov, I know fbi is not everones fav but they would be the ones i would call at least you can find their number.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
DELTA and DEVGRU are all on par with the SAS, as is the FBI's HRT when it comes to CT/HR situations. I would greatly appreciate any of them suiting up to rescue myself or loved ones. I've known individuals in some of them, and a close acquaintance worked with Marcinko. It's a very tight-nit group, even within Special Operations in general, and a lot of these folks know and regularly work with each other. All respect.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Wow, I didn't think this thread was still around.......As usual, they have their respective talents. Either way they are all highly trained dudes that get the job done, hands down. A buddy of mine did the Delta indoc, broke a few of their records and decided to sta Marine.

Dick did some great stuff, but most of the crap started when he ran Red Cell. That's when it really got nasty with the boys up top. He's made some people upset lately with his buisness ventures. I haven't seen him in ten years and haven't talked to him since my wedding day. He's still the man in my book though.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I would put my money on the Unit. Both groups have extensive training for hostage rescue and such but Delta is a lot more land-based than the Navy. Too much time is "wasted" on water training than is necessary for hostage rescue. Also, only a very select few SEALs are trained up to the standards that Delta has. For instance, the Unit has their people go through an Operator Training Course that involves tradecraft (Counter and Surveillance, Dead Letter Drops etc), explosives/demolitions, and building entry skills. The SEALs are much more water-oriented and specialize in urban and rural combat operations. Another benefit the Unit has is publicity or the lack of it. If they go in a hostage-rescue operation etc you won't hear about it and you will never know which military outfit was behind it. But if the Navy SEALs decide to wave around a stick, you might see a story pop up on some alternative news site.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I would put my money on the Unit. Both groups have extensive training for hostage rescue and such but Delta is a lot more land-based than the Navy. Too much time is "wasted" on water training than is necessary for hostage rescue. Also, only a very select few SEALs are trained up to the standards that Delta has. For instance, the Unit has their people go through an Operator Training Course that involves tradecraft (Counter and Surveillance, Dead Letter Drops etc), explosives/demolitions, and building entry skills. The SEALs are much more water-oriented and specialize in urban and rural combat operations. Another benefit the Unit has is publicity or the lack of it. If they go in a hostage-rescue operation etc you won't hear about it and you will never know which military outfit was behind it. But if the Navy SEALs decide to wave around a stick, you might see a story pop up on some alternative news site.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: StarChild

DEVGRU's primary mission is for maritime CT.. They are better than SFOD in this regards because they trained more in maritime CT.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join