It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet History Sourcebooks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
(I don't know where exactly to put this, but I hope it ends somewhere where it is easily accessible - and visible - to members who may need it. Thanks.)

In view of the amount of speculation - much of it well-intentioned and stemming from genuine curiosity in history - I thought it would be a good idea to include this indispensable resource for all those interested in history, so they could base their argumentation on actual primary sources (not hear-say or tendentious second-hand interpretation of them):

The Internet History Sourcebooks Project
(compiled and edited by Dr. Paul Halsall)

It is a resource that would literally take you months, if not years, to read through (but fear not, there is a search function).

The main sections are:

Internet ANCIENT History Sourcebook

Internet MEDIEVAL Sourcebook

Internet MODERN History Sourcebook

with an array of subsidiary sourcebooks and guides about specific areas of research.

Please, feel free to use them.
That's what they are there for.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Thanks for posting these. I used them a bit in college. They weren't exactly exhaustive in many areas. Yet, they served me well in certain areas.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Thanks for the interest, Mike!
It's nice to know that there is someone at least who can appreciate their value...

P.S.
No, of course they are not exhaustive in some areas. How could they be? After all, they are primary sources.
And THAT's their value.

(Though I am sure there are all too many who don't even know why primary sources are so important, in the first place...
)

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Vanitas]

new topics

join