It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban blow up Pakistan girls school: official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AFP) – The Taliban blew up a girls' school in Pakistan's Khyber district, where troops are fighting against militants in the tribal region bordering Afghanistan, an official said Wednesday.
Militants detonated explosives overnight at the government-run school in Bazgarah town, about 40 kilometres (25 miles) west of Peshawar, capital of the violence-plagued North West Frontier Province.
"The building had 21 rooms. All have been completely demolished," local administration chief Shafeerullah Wazir told AFP by telephone.

"This was the ninth educational institution blown up in Khyber over the past six weeks," he added.
Islamist militants opposed to co-education and subscribers to sharia law have destroyed hundreds of schools, mostly for girls, in northwest Pakistan in recent years.

Yahoo

The reasoning is clear.

Educated people question those who try to be religious dictators/terrorists.

Also, the taliban has been blowing up schools long before the Pakistan army started rooting out the murdering terrorists.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Blowing up schools in a poor country like Pakistan.Let the people see what life would be like under talibani rule.Ive seen a tv doc.of a woman accused of adultery shot in the head with a ak47 in a public stadium when they controlled Afghan.Butchers.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

Welcome to life under muslim terrorists.

Think about the honest intentions of those who first thing is to destroy schools where people are educated.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Vile scum.

If they wish to live a backwards, idiotic life of hatred then let them... but they have no right to hurt those who seek education and a better life.

grrr

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Normally I completely disagree with you....

This time, however, you hit the nail right on the head.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Remember guys if its on the news, it must be true.

This is somewhere i think, you totally ignore critical thinking, and just jump into the emotion of the story.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
PATHETIC.
Attacking US/UK/Pakistani armed forces is an acceptable part of war attacking Childrens only way to better themselves is simply PATHETIC

[edit on 23-12-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Normally I completely disagree with you....

This time, however, you hit the nail right on the head.

Haha fair enough, although i have no idea as to why you disagree with me normally....

But my point stands, our youth of the world deserve education. For supposed 'grown men' to destroy this suggests something is wrong with the mentality of these people.

Peace

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You are right and more....

Uneducated people are easier to control, especially by dictators.
Uneducated people can't question what these people say, as they can't read.
Uneducated people are easy to get to do horrible things, because they don't know the truth-suicide bombers and such.

new topics

top topics

join