It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU presidency to push for Palestinian State in 2010!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

EU report highlights economic uncertainty

EUobserver.com

Spain, the European Union's incoming president, is to orchestrate a push by the bloc for the establishment of a Palestinian state in 2010.

Miguel Moratinos, the country's foreign minister, said on Friday (18 December) that Madrid sees the foundation of a Palestinian state alongside Israel as one of its main priorities under its six-month helmsmanship of the 27-country bloc, which begins in January.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21/12/09 by Dermo]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The workings of the EU probably seem pretty crazy at the moment. While there is a president and foreign office that pushes foreign policy.. the internal policy is still very much dictated by rotating state presidencies.. just had to get that out of the way..

So Spain's big push will be for the creation of a Palestinian state and definite borders with Israel.. also previously, they were discussing how to stop the Israeli's surround Jerusalem in order to give the Palestinians access to their holy sites.

This will be a big step for the recently born federal EU..

I wonder how Israel will react. Ties are slightly shaky at the moment between EU states and Israel.

I support it anyway and once the EU recognizes a Palestinian state, then its pretty much legit.

Then.. how long before Hezbolla take power? And an Israeli invasion?

euobserver.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 12/21/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

My advice is keep tony blair, war criminal away from all this.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
lol, doesn't look like TB will be getting anywhere near EU leadership.

Even though he would actually make a really influential one.. still wouldn't be my cup of tea tho

new topics

top topics

join