It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maitreya, 2013 and Nostradamus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
In 2013, Nostradamus makes numerous predictions regarding a "Man of Peace" who will bring stability to the World. It is rather interesting, must of his predictions up to 2012 are rather depressing and destructive. However, we have a few predictions of peace.

Some (excluding me) have interpreted these works being descriptive of Maitreya or a new religious figure coming to Earth. The "Birth of a New Philosophy for the Sixth World Age" could possibly be indication of a new religion, evolution of our present belief systems - who knows, rather guess work on my behalf.

However, I'd though I shall share the 2013 work with you

*Note, their was a Hungarian prophet (cannot remember her name) who also predicts a prophet coming to Earth

Nostradamus Prophecies

2013—The Advent of a Man of Peace?

Mars et le sceptre se trouvera conjoint,
Dessous Cancer calamiteuse guerre:
Un peu après sera nouveau Roi oint,
Qui par longtemps pacifiera la terre.

Century VI, Quatrain 24

Mars and the scepter (Jupiter) conjoined,
In Cancer (next to occur July–August, 2013), by him all calamitous war will eventually be ended,
A new Leader will be anointed (born),
He will bring Peace to the Earth for a very long time.

2013—Birth of a New Philosophy for the Sixth World Age?

Le corps sans âme plus n’être en sacrifice:
Jour de la mort mis en nativité:
L’esprit divin fera l’âme félice,
Voyant le verbe en son éternité.

Century II, Quatrain 13

The body without an eternal soul will no longer be denied,
The day of death to be celebrated as the birthday to a new future life reborn,
Everyone everywhere believing the Divine Spirit guides the soul to greater happiness,
And through the inspiration of the Revealed Logos (the Word Within) seeing existence as never-ending. (Quatrain Number 13, meant for the year 2013?).

A True Teacher Will Come to Save the World from Persecution

Devant le peuple sang sera répandu,
Que du haut ciel ne viendra éloigner:
Mais d’un longtemps ne sera entendu.
L’esprit d’un seul le veindra témoinger.

Century IV, Quatrain 49

Before the people will blood be publicly shed,
Spirit shall descend from heaven and travel far,
After not having been experienced for such a long time,
The Spirit-filled One (true Avatar, a Man of Peace) will come to bear witness to the Truth.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Also, the Mayan Calendar, which does not end on the 21st December 2012, states a relative time of peace will occur after 21/12/12. Even though I am rarely convinced by prophecies, I do not mind taking the opportunity to discuss what this "new philosophy" that Nostradamus predicts could be.

Could it be a centralization of the entire Abrahamic faith, or could we literally see a new religion dominating the planet? With a decline of the traditional faiths in the Western World, we have to ask ourselves; if God is dead, will we replace Him?

This part is interesting:

Spirit shall descend from heaven and travel far,
After not having been experienced for such a long time,
The Spirit-filled One (true Avatar, a Man of Peace) will come to bear witness to the Truth.

In Hinduism, Avatar or Avatara (Devanagari अवतार, IAST avatāra, Sanskrit for "descent" viz., from heaven to earth, from the verbal root tṝ "to cross over") refers to a deliberate descent of a deity from heaven to earth, and is mostly translated into English as "incarnation", though more accurately as "appearance" or "manifestation".

According to Nostradamus, the man of peace will "descend from heaven and travel far" - literally, of extraterrestrial origin or (most likely) a metaphor. This might be a figure of speech to imply the person will seem as if he came from heaven, but the symbolism used in the Quatrains are selected for a reason. Alas, we don't know the true meaning...

But, however, instead of worrying about 2012, it is wise for us to study the prophecies from 2013 because all seem to point to a peaceful period for the Human race.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
One of the problems I have with Nostradamus is that his quatrains are written, according to historians/researchers/philosophers, out of order. Therefore, without any kind of chronological aspect to follow, nobody can say whether he really meant peace in 2013 or 2300.

The only way people use Nostradamus is after events have already happened. Then, they go back and see if anything he wrote fits.

It's actually in the religious texts that following the period of strife will come (11? 7?) years of peace. I believe the Mayans have also written about the peaceful times to be experienced after the struggles of entering a new age.

I guess my point is that the only way to put a date on any of Nostradamus' writing, especially because they are not in chronological order, is either after the fact or by using information from another source that would cause one to look into his writing to see if he also confirms it.

So, if you read about 2013 starting a period of peace, and then go to Nostradamus' quatrains and find one that mentions any period of peace, these two sources then become connected in your mind when perhaps they shouldn't have been. Make sense?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Exactly, and I completely agree with the analysis you've made. Majority of the text is linked to astrological periods - so, there are nearly three possible dates.

It's actually in the religious texts that following the period of strife will come (11? 7?) years of peace. I believe the Mayans have also written about the peaceful times to be experienced after the struggles of entering a new age.

Holy Qu'ran and the Bible both much periods of peace upon the Earth, well, the establishment of the new Kingdom of Heaven.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Very interesting, thank you for posting. Makes me wonder how society react or believe in this messiah? How would we know? Jesus only had a handful of followers that believed him while he was alive. Humankind didn't really know how cataclysmic his presence was until after his death and the religion grew. Will he be persecuted by man? If Rome is the new America, what if we are going to be as tyrannical as ancient Rome was to Jesus. Because of that I I wonder if the messiah will come from the middle east like before, and we all know how America just LOVES the middle east.

Also , If 2013 is the year he is anointed (born), we may not know about him until much later. Kind of hoping it's the second scenario, where he's a new leader or something by 2013, or else 2013+ is when the window of war and bloodshed that the messiah is supposed to end.

EDIT: ...Im not sure what quatrains are accurate but I found one that is a little different (crystal links) that may indicate a war in 2013.

Mars and the scepter will be found conjoined
Under Cancer (to occur July–August, 2013) calamitous war:
Shortly afterward a new King will be anointed,
One who for a long time will pacify the earth.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by mishmallow8]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I read somewhere that Nostradamus' publisher actually changed dates at the time he wrote them, so that the book was more relevant to those living in HIS time - which would sell more books.

I found this fascinating - As even back then they were doing things to make money. No surprise really. Ill have to find that link and post it here - it's very interesting.

I also find it interesting that his predictions are vague at best, apparently this was a way in which he would elude the "PTB" of the time and save himself from being burnt as a heretic.

Another interesting point is what i read from a Mayan historian and studier of their works; That apparently after this great cycle ended, people would actually relax, because the build up to this great event - would lead to a massive party for the people, they considered themselves lucky to have seen and lived through such a large space of time.

So i find it interesting that they also would have had to wind down after a massive party, before they had to go back toiling in their fields or whatever jobs they had back in their day.

Fascinating stuff! But i read Nostradamus as a fiction book, not really a prediction or prophetic piece.

new topics

top topics

join