It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Talks end with Sketchy Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Climate Talks end with Sketchy Deal

www.cbc.ca

The Copenhagen Accord, put forward by a U.S.-led group of five nations — including China, India, Brazil and South Africa — also promises to deliver $30 billion US in aid over the next three years to help developing nations reduce emissions.

Industrialized countries could channel $100 billion US a year to poorer nations by 2020, but the money is contingent upon them submitting to UN monitoring.

Although the agreement was not formally approved, the conference president said that delegates at
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
Reactions from around the world

[edit on 19-12-2009 by heyo]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well as you can see, the only thing that was accomplished was laying the framework for a redistribution of wealth. "Although the agreement was not formally approved", of course means "We'll do all the real decision making behind your backs", so who knows what outrageous amount of money we'll be giving away in the coming years.

Also take not that no agreement was reached in terms of deforestation, either, which is imo a much bigger issue than co2 emissions. I also had a chuckle when I read the list of naysayers at the bottom of the canada.com link lol

This is playing out exactly how I believed it would in terms of the advance of global government. Note that recipients of money will have to do so under the watchful eye of the corrupt UN. Essentially they will dictate what these countries must do, or they don't get their money. Gee, what a surprise.

Thoughts?

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

FRED KRUPP, HEAD OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL DEFENSE FUND
Today’s agreement takes the first important steps toward true transparency and accountability in an international climate agreement. The sooner the U.S. speaks through Senate legislation, the sooner we can set the terms of engagement for talks to come.”

Good luck with that, Fred!

[edit on 19-12-2009 by heyo]

new topics

join