It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran acknowledges prisoners were beaten to death

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

TEHRAN, Iran – Iran's hard-line judiciary acknowledged for the first time Saturday that at least three prisoners detained after June's disputed presidential election were beaten to death by their jailers, confirming a key claim by the country's opposition movement.

In a statement, the judiciary said 12 officials at Kahrizak prison were charged — three of them with murder. The prison, on the southern outskirts of the capital, Tehran, was at the center of the opposition's claims that prisoners were tortured and raped in custody.
The claims embarrassed Iran's clerical rulers and forced Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to order the closure of the facility.

Yahoo

So much for peace loving Persian's.
So much for the religion of peace and love.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
But, notice the difference here... they are charging those responsible, 3 of them with murder, which will likely carry harsh penalties.

How many of the scum who took part in sado masochistic humiliation and beatings of prisoners at Abu Graib are doing time? How many who have, and still do, use torture to extract confessions from innocent people at US run prison sites will ever face a court?

See, if you are going to throw stones, you better make sure you don't live in a glass house!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Ah, another topic changer, I knew it would not be long.

This topic is not what:
US
UK
EU

do or did.

It is about the political prisoners that were murdered in prison by the peace loving Persians.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Not changing the topic at all.

Just pointing out that perhaps our own governments and their miltary and intelligence apparatus need cleaned up first before we earn the right to criticise others.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Not gonna happen, too many American haters on here to discuss what you actually posted. Lately it seems they've been growing in number, I guess sitting on here bitching about how evil the U.S. is, is easier than them having to make a change. Enforce the sedition laws now. Yeah some of us get it.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

You are.

If you want to start a post on what the British gov does wrong, go for it.

This post, however, is about persains murdering protesters in jail.

Does not seem to friendly or peaceful to me.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

You know it's thanks to actions like this the western world has invented a new word... Islamophobic...

Ali Khamenei knew damn well what was going on at Kahrizak. it was at his orders people were sent there... so sad word got out and made his holiness look bad...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

What about what you did to Bobby Sands? What about all the people your country unjustly detained in HMP Maze? What about the 3 Irish tourists that were gunned by the SAS in Gibraltar for no reason?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Americans are never beaten to death in prison?

Hell, rape in prison is considered to be hilarious in our culture.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Just like brit guy....

This post is NOT about:
US did
UK did
EU di

It is about persains murdering protesters in jail, PERIOD.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
These people regardless of religion or ethnicity have done a horrible thing. Its a pity that justice does not exist on earth. Maybe someday well get to see what a world would be like with a heavenly father.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

And you're missing the point that britguy and myself are bringing to you.

Prisoner murder is completely routine in numerous nations in the world, the US among them.

Yet apparently it's only news-worthy when it's Iranian cops doing the killing. And apparently, certain somebodies who shall, for the moment go unnamed, want to gloss over the apparently uncomfortable fact that it is, in fact, not news at all.

Now why is this?

Oh right, certain other someones have a gigantic hardon for mass murdering the people of Iran for their unforgivable crime of being Muslim.

Gotta invent as many excuses for the coming rape of Persia as possible, huh mrmonsoon? Maybe the Americans will even make a funny movie about it.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

So there is no difference in a prison murder and a political one? just want to understand what you're saying.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I'm telling you it's not news that this happened. Please, do a search on "protesters killed" and you'll see that they die the world over. Sometimes in prison, sometimes at the protest, sometimes between the two.

But the fact that it's Iran apparently makes this "news", And ironically it's "news" because certain people want to kill lots of Iranians. Go figure that one, huh?

Of course, the prison has been closed and the people responsible are facing murder charges... THAT'S actually news, as far as events like this go.

'Course, neither you nor the OP really seem to have noticed THAT part, since, of course, it doesn't bestialize the Iranians.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

So it's news else where, but not in Iran, unless you want to go to war is basically what you are saying? I'm not attempting to label the Iranians anything. By and large from what I can tell, they are a decent people with a really screwed up government. Kinda hard to judge the people based upon their government, just as it would be here at home. Nope, just pointing out if it's news worthy when it happens else where, surely it is there as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

So where's all the news about it?

That's just my point. There isn't any until it's Iran.

Then suddenly murder of prisoners is headline news.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The search function is a wonderful thing.......Guess we can't even agree to disagree. I already said as far as I was concerned I didn't think bad of the Iranian people, what else do you want? The killing of three prisoners really isn't going along way to an attack on Iran, it'll be something else......why so sensative to the treatment of Iranians, and less concerned about the reputation of Americans?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

And you're missing the point that britguy and myself are bringing to you.

Prisoner murder is completely routine in numerous nations in the world, the US among them.

Yet apparently it's only news-worthy when it's Iranian cops doing the killing. And apparently, certain somebodies who shall, for the moment go unnamed, want to gloss over the apparently uncomfortable fact that it is, in fact, not news at all.

Now why is this?

Oh right, certain other someones have a gigantic hardon for mass murdering the people of Iran for their unforgivable crime of being Muslim.

Gotta invent as many excuses for the coming rape of Persia as possible, huh mrmonsoon? Maybe the Americans will even make a funny movie about it.

I see exactly what walkfox and britguy are doing-they are attempting to derail a thread.

Sorry, this is not a muslim board nor is it hosted in a muslim country.

What that means is you can not stop posting of litigate news, even if it portrays Iran in a bad light-read truth.

You two are, of course, entitled to your opinion and to state it.

What you ARE NOT entitled to is stop me from posting news-correct and truthful.

You are NOT entitled to tell me I may not post my opinions, even if you don't like them.
( So long as I follow TAC)

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
mrmonsoon - So the only reason you posted the article in the first place is to demean Iranians, not to mention your obvious hatred of them. Unfortunately you didn't get the response you desired. Oh well it's nice to see some people still deny hatred and ignorance on ATS.

Britguy
TheWalkingFox

[edit on 19-12-2009 by kindred]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
mrmonsoon - So the only reason you posted the article in the first place is to demean Iranians, not to mention your obvious hatred of them. Unfortunately you didn't get the response you desired. Oh well it's nice to see some people still deny hatred and ignorance on ATS.

Britguy
TheWalkingFox

[edit on 19-12-2009 by kindred]

I agree wholeheartedly.

There are bad people everywhere, the Iranians do not have the jump on everyone else regarding this.

The Iranians I know and work with are intelligent, caring, loving people and love their country just as you obviously love yours.
I didn't consider it off-topic at all to bring to the fore remarks about the ill-treatment /rape/murder of prisoners in the (so-called) Free World...in fact it sort of makes it worse that it occurs in 'The West' as trumpeters such as you (mrmonsoon) would have us think that we are civilised as opposed to the barbaric Iranians who have no culture, history or contributions to make to the Modern World.

It is a shame there is so much hatred and bickering. It all contributes to the state of the World.

We are all culpable.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by aorAki]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join