It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] Who is playing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I just wanted to do a roll call of sorts to see who is playin this great game
. It only seems like 5 of us are playin lol.

[Edited on 5^23^04 by Quicksilver]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Im just here for the thrill and its cheaper than a CCG.

-Z Out

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You know I'm here.

Yeah, three cheers for Simon, SO, and everyone else for setting this thing up! It's very well done - much more interesting than the junk that's on TV. And better for the brain as well!

Hmm..now how come your edited date has carats (^) instead of slashes (/)? Maybe it's a clue!

[Edited on 5/23/2004 by PurdueNuc]

link   
Well, the team I was on, has imploded. I went out for the day, with the kids, to the zoo.
Came home, and No team. Kaboom.
So give me a little time and I'll post everything I have.
It may or may not be up your street, but it might trigger something who knows.

link   
... plus my friend and Brother JCMinJapan is playing, so I'd like to give him all the aid I reasonably can.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
well if it want obvious i am playin. Its a shame no one is playin or everyone is on a team and not making this a group effort. Thanks yall for not being team players lol

Purdue its one of the things u learn when ur a Old Fart around here lol naw i just went into my control panel here on ats and replaced teh date format with ^ instead of /

EDIT: Look u can do all kinds of wierd stuff

[Edited on 5+23+04=? by Quicksilver]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well, you know I am in.... Great Game!

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
yes i am definitely playing but iam following u guys mostly

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Observing and throwing in grenades every now and then. I have no interest in a team except the broader ATS team.

Codebreaking is no forte of mine but riddles/lateral thinking, alternative subcultures (not gaming), geography, profiling "real" people are of interest.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i'm just observing everything...not really playing but following along with the game, codes frustrate me and since i am no where near any of the locations if there are really rings there, I wouldn't be able to find them... I just wanna see who wins it all

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm keeping an eye on this, will help out wher I can.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I most definitely want to play but know nothing of codes. I'm not looking to win but would love to be able to contribute something. Right now I'm a little behind - I'm going to go back over everything - hope I can be a productive member here.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm playing. Actually I'm watching you guys solve things but hopefully I'll be able to help sometime. Just watching is fun for me. I love the chase

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Im watching for sure, not really into code cracking but I love to solve puzzles and things like that. I have notived some new links(1 link and a hidden URL) though I havent used them much if at all.

I love to win, I just dont see how this game can have a winner.

I am part of a team and haven't heard from them much so I don't know what they're doing. It doesn't really seem like a team event to me.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by jrod]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
...but way behind the rest of you geniuses. Genii? But anyway, I really appreciate PurdueNuc's clue website, and props to JCMinJapan and zsandman and alex kennedy, and several others, you know who you are. If I can contribute anything its this...
1) I think the seven red dots provide no greater significance than to add weight to the claim that the mystery letter was actually from uncle jeff...if you look at it in context:

"That's his handwriting, his writing style, and even his stationary. Also, the back of the envelope had seven red dots, a personal inside joke of significance, only he and I knew about."

Beyond that, no mention of 7 red dots anywhere.

2) We can likely eliminate pgp as a form of encryption for any as yet un-deciphered message due to the nature of pgp encryption. You have a key *and* a password. You give away the key so people can send stuff that only you can open with your password. The nature of it is you dont give out your password, you just exchange keys. It doesn't fit the way the encrypted messages have been presented so far.

3) The riddle in findtherings.com source code mentions 3 fourths and one fourth. this mirrors the picture clues 3 physical and 1 digital ring. The whole thing reads like an abstract preamble to the game.

This is really quite immersive as far as "stuff I've done online" goes. I've been incredibly entertained with it the past few weeks.

Keep solving those clues guys, I can't wait to see how this unfolds!!

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Just one point,
protagonist, -5- posted
" ...connect the dots and you will see my history lesson is correct..."

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yeah, but -5-'s been exposed as a regular poster who was just trying to throw everyone off the track, no?

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hmmm. I didn't think so.
I thought that was 5

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I , like others am VERY lame at code breaking. I seam to just be a 'watcher'.
Parker and i discussed being on a team but then nobody really wanted us I guess.....(maybe it was just me, and Parker just didnt want me to feel bad?).........I highly DOUBT a 'ring' would be hidden away in the mountains of Utah anyway.............if one was, deltaChaos would be all over it, unless Seth Bullock got there first!

I am still just watching.........very fun though!

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
i'm still here....... being confused hahaha. mess me sometime quicksilver....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join