It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Reports During The Vietnam War.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Just wanted to add an update to this thread and in the process, give it a bump as it's well worth resurrecting.

"I don't know whether this story has ever been told or not. They weren't called UFOs. They were called enemy helicopters. And they were only seen at night and they were only seen in certain places. They were seen up around the DMZ in the early summer of '68. And this resulted in quite a little battle. And in the course of this, an Australian destroyer took a hit and we never found any enemy, we only found ourselves when this had all been sorted out. And this caused some shooting there, and there was no enemy at all involved but we always reacted. Always after dark. The same thing happened up at Pleiku at the Highlands in '69."
USAF Chief of Staff General George S. Brown
DoD Transcript of Press Conference in Illinois (10/16/1973).

I have pretty much confirmed that Brown has two separate events confused. PCF19 was sunk on the 16th of June the Hobart was hit on the 17th of June. It's not Brown's fault either, the US Navy for some reason catalogued these events as occurring on the same night when all the operational logs show this is simply not so.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Ah, how convient Fire Moon. I just ran across some related stuff the other day.

The USAF history of gunship development in Vietnam actually mentions that they would observe UFOs on their LLTV system. I thought it was pretty interesting for a USAF document to admit!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12
Interesitng reports. Thanks for sharing with us.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Star and Flag, such an interesting subject!! Thank you OP!

RC

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join