It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


UFO Reports During The Vietnam War.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

log in


posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:43 AM
It seems there are quite a few UFO reports from soldiers, sailors and airmen during the Vietnam war - many of these objects were officialy referred to as 'mystery helicopters' yet the reported flight characteristics, size and shape of these objects sounds very strange indeed.

Below are some accounts,reports and testimony from military witnesses -if anyone knows of any more, please feel free to post.


"I don't know whether this story has ever been told or not. They weren't called UFOs. They were called enemy helicopters. And they were only seen at night and they were only seen in certain places. They were seen up around the DMZ in the early summer of '68. And this resulted in quite a little battle. And in the course of this, an Australian destroyer took a hit and we never found any enemy, we only found ourselves when this had all been sorted out. And this caused some shooting there, and there was no enemy at all involved but we always reacted. Always after dark. The same thing happened up at Pleiku at the Highlands in '69."
USAF Chief of Staff General George S. Brown
DoD Transcript of Press Conference in Illinois (10/16/1973).

"During my stint in the Navy I was on the ammunition ship USS Kilauea in the Indian Ocean somewhere near Vietnam around early 1974.
Myself and two friends were out on the Foxhull , it was dark, around 9 pm probably. There was little or no moon but millions of stars like always out there. We were in a group with a destroyer and a carrier, I think the USS Mason DD, and maybe the Oriskany.
We were watching the Mason in front of us and the glowing trail of ocean it was kicking up from the phosphorus algae in the water when the ocean in front of us lit up, started glowing. It got brighter and brighter and then this really bright orange/yellow ball came out of the water on the right-starboard side of the destroyer. It flew over the top of the destroyer and went back in the ocean on the port side, with the same glowing ocean water and then disappeared.
We all just stared at each other with our mouths open. We could not believe what we saw, but I asked friends of mine who were on watch on the bridge if they saw it and they all did. There was nothing ever reported that I know of though and we just quit talking about it. I bet the destroyer got a good look at it. It went right over the bridge of that ship and it was big. Maybe 150 to 200 feet in diameter".
Naval crewman Norman Burns -aboard the USS Kilauea in the Indian ocean,1974.

"It was while there that I discovered that there was a tremendous amount of UFO and alien activity in Vietnam. It was always reported in official messages as `enemy helicopters.' Now any of you who know anything about the Vietnam war know that the North Vietnamese did not have any helicopters, especially after our first couple of air raids into North Vietnam. Even if they had they would not have been so foolish as to bring them over the DMZ because that would have insured their demise. Our troops were fired on occasionally by these `enemy helicopters,' enemy troops were fired on occasionally by these `enemy helicopters,' and occasionally people would disappear"
William Cooper


Larry Workman's UFO report:

Don Delano's UFO report:

Ron Haye's UFO report:

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:44 AM


This is the only known UFO photo taken during the Vietnam War. It was shot with an Electro-35 Yashica camera by an American serviceman traveling in the back of an army truck along a country road near Chu-Lei in March of 1967.
Image credit: UFO Photo Archives/Wendelle Stevens.

Right Angle turns:

My friend John Miranda, who was the first to show me evidence for UFOs, heard first-hand an account from a co-worker in 1972: Andy (not his real name) had just served as an USAF Technical Sergeant in “what he described was the intelligence center in Thailand that coordinated the military aircraft flights over all of Vietnam. As he put it, ‘if there was a plane flying anywhere in S.E. Asia, this control center knew about it’.” It was probably the Nakhon Phanom Royal Thai Air Force Base, identified in FOIA documents discussed below.

Andy reported that “one day [probably in 1969] on multiple radars, they tracked an object traveling at 7,000 mph that repeatedly made right angle turns. They checked with the top commanders from Air Force, Army, Navy and Marines. All confirmed they had no aircraft flying in that area at the time. Of course, the folks in the intelligence center were warned never to speak of this event.”Miranda added that Andy was a sharp individual without tendency to exaggerate. “He knew exactly what he was telling me. And he had no reason to embellish the story.” Thus ended my first Vietnam UFO story. More were to follow.


Police Detective recounts Vietnam war UFO encounter:

The next sighting came from one of my mentors in the field, the late New York City Police detective Pete Mazzola. Pete, who passed away in 1987, had then formed a national organization called the SBI, for Scientific Bureau of Investigation. Pete served in Vietnam from 1965 until the end of that decade.

“There were several times, while on patrol in the jungle, that I had time to look up at the stars,” began Mazzola. “I saw more than a few unusual ‘shooting stars’ that maneuvered in a way no meteor could.” One incident left an indelible memory in the young soldier. Mazzola couldn’t remember the exact date, only that it was around 1966 or ’67. Mazzola’s patrol was pinned down in tall elephant grass when they saw something strange appear over the paddy fields and palm trees ahead.“I couldn’t believe what I saw,” continued Mazzola, “the other guys saw it too but afterwards were too shocked to talk much about it except to say, ‘What the hell was that?’”Mazzola’s job as Forward Observer for his platoon was to call in the coordinates of enemy positions to US Navy ships.
Mazzola heard the shells first from the south (the American warships positions) and “then the objects began to receive artillery rounds in the other direction, from the north [the Vietcong]. The shells never made the target. They all exploded short, we could see the black smoke puffs in the air.” The detective almost implied the UFO was doing something to explode the shells prematurely.The object continued to hover “silently, gracefully,” said Mazzola, and in less than five minutes “shot straight up in the air” and was gone.


UFO over Hanoi:


On Sept. 29, 1972, as the war dragged on, the State Journal in Lansing, Michigan, published an AFP newswire report titled, “What Was UFO Over Hanoi?” The AFP correspondent in Hanoi, Jean Thoraval, wrote that “a mysterious object appeared in the clear blue sky over Hanoi Friday, attracting missile fire from the ground but apparently remaining motionless.”
Thoraval himself saw the object from the ground with binoculars. He described it as “spherical in shape and a luminous orange in color, and was clearly at a very high altitude.” North Vietnamese air defenses fired three surface-to-air missiles, which were unable to reach the target. The object remained in the same high spot for over one hour and 20 minutes, although towards the end “it appeared less bright than before.”


Declassified Government documents (pdf):

Defense Intelligence Agency UFO Report - Laos/Thailand, 1968

Defense Intelligence Agency UFO Report -
DIA UFO Report, Thailand, 1969

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:47 AM
The Nha Trang UFO incident, South Vietnam - June, 1966:


Nha Trang , at the time of the reported incident, was a heavily defended base in South Vietnam located along the coastline. It served as the home base for more than 40,000 troops, including 2,000 American GIs.
The base was situated in a valley, with warehouses and an airstrip to the east, a fuel storage area and hills to the west, and docks and storage facilities located to the south along the China Sea.
According to the witness, eight bulldozers were operating that night cutting roads around "Hawk Hill," located less than one-half mile to the west of the American compound. On another part of the base, two "sky-Raider" prop-driven aircraft were warming up on the airstrip located less than a mile to the east. At the same time, a Shell Oil tanker lay anchored in the bay about a mile to the southwest.
The witness, an enlisted soldier holding the rank of Specialist 5, had gathered with an undetermined number of fellow soldiers around 8 p.m. in an open area of the base to watch an outdoor movie.
Outdoor films had become possible only recently, according to the witness, thanks to the arrival and installation of six, new, independently-operated, 100 KW diesel-powered generators. One of these generators had been installed near the compound where the soldiers were seated and was being used to supply power for the movie projector.
The film had been underway for some time, according to the witness's account, when suddenly, at approximately 9:45 p.m., the sky to the north lit up! The GIs glanced up and saw what at first appeared to be a flare exploding above a ridge to the north.
"At first we thought it was a flare which are going off all the time and then we found that it wasn't" recounts a letter from the witness mailed home a few days later.
"It came from the north and was moving from real slow to real fast...Some of the jet fighter pilots which were here...said it looked to be about 25,000 feet (in altitude)... then the panic broke loose. It dropped right towards us and stopped dead still about 300 to 500 feet up. It made this little valley and the mountains around look like it was the middle of the day; it lit up everything.
"Then it went up and I mean up. It went straight up and completely out of sight in about 2-3 seconds. Everybody is still talking about it."
"That really shook everyone is that it stopped, or maybe it didn't, but anyway our generator stopped and everything was black. At the Air Force Base about one half mile from here all generators stopped.
The engines on two planes that were the runway ready to take off stopped, and there wasn't a car, truck, plane or anything that ran for about four minutes."
In addition, the eight bulldozers working on nearby hills also ceased operating according to the witness.
"A whole plane load of big shots from Washington got here this afternoon to investigate. It's on the radio over here. Is it at home? I swear if somebody says they saw a little green man I won't argue with them."

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:15 PM
S&F Karl ..

Thanks for pooling all of that info into one thread. I have to finish watching some of the videos, but everything else is fantastic.

"Enemy Helicopters" is the term they used which reminded me of a story I was told by a friends dad who was a Huey Pilot in Nam. I'm paraphrasing here because I don't remember every word he said. He flew a Huey Gun ship and said that his job was to advance and neutralize enemy locations when the troops on the ground would call in their locations. It was about 2am on one of these particular missions, he said they received a radio distress call for an emergency evac because the VC had set the jungle on fire and the radio chatter became silent. No further contact could be made.
He said they took off from base camp and as they got closer to the squads location, he said the jungle was glowing. He said came over a ridge and he could see this huge ball of light, roughly three times the size of his gunship. He radioed back to base and reported on what he was seeing and the return orders were to "Lay It Down".
He said he opened fire and another gunship with him opened fire but nothing happened to it. As they were swinging around he said his chopper lost power and he lost control. As he was preparing for a hard landing he said the light got brighter and filled the chopper. He said he blacked out and when he came to his chopper was sitting in an open clearing where the light had been previously. He said it didn't crash, he said that was as if something had sit the thing down on the ground. The pilot of the other gunship said that he had lost sight of the chopper when the light got brighter and he pulled back to get away from it.
He said when he woke up it was about noon. He said radio chatter is what woke him up and he answered back. He said his watch had stopped about the same time that he encountered the light. They had to strip and ditch his chopper because the electrical system was fried beyond field repair.
He returned to flying missions in Nam. He was later shot down while Allied forces were trying to reclaim Hue. He wound up losing both legs below the knee in the crash that time and got sent home.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:19 PM
Phuoc Vinh, Vietnam -1969

I was pulling Green-line duty with 3 other 1st Cav. soldiers who were sleeping. I had a star light scope, a radio and all the stuff you would expect in/on a bunker.. As I was scanning the western night sky. and all of a sudden something to the Northwest caught my eye.It was a very brilliant whitish, silver and with a hint of blue more of a rounded shape. It was fairly far away. The main thing about this object was it would move to my left, or South in jerky movements , hover, do it again and again. It never lost the same brilliance or colors the entire time. Additionally it left a amber or reddish trail (like a tracer) as it moved only to suddenly stop on a dime. I watched this thing for several minutes.

By this time it was in the Southern Horizon. Then, all of a sudden it shot up skyward on a 45 degree angle towards the North. It was totally out of sight in seconds.
I was thinking should I report this? I decided not. I would wait to see if anyone else would, then I would to. I didn't have the presence of mine to wake the other guys. Mainly, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:05 PM
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

Detailed Perfection,thats a fascinating account -thanks for sharing that one.

It seems its not the first time the U.S. Gov has referred to UFOs as 'mystery helicopters' - there are some very interesting documents below which describe these objects hovering over Nuclear facilities and Weapons storage areas in the U.S.

From late October through the middle of November 1975, high-security bases along the U.S.-Canada border were the scene of intrusions of what were euphemistically called "mystery helicopters," despite their unhelicopter-like appearance and behavior.


Documents One.

Documents Two.

Documents Three

Map and Timeline of Events


[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:13 PM

Originally posted by karl 12
It seems there are quite a few UFO reports from soldiers,sailors and airmen during the Vietnam war - many of these objects were 'officialy' referred to as 'mystery helicopters' yet the reported flight characteristics,size and shape of these objects sound very strange indeed.

Below are some accounts,reports and testimony from military witnesses -if anyone knows of any more,please feel free to post.

Hi karl 12, how do you do it dude, starting one after the other interesting threads here on ATS, I know some other respected members who do that also.

It is therefore very difficult to keep it up with all you guys.

But you all are in my opinion responsible for that indispensable energy boosts that keeps this ATS engine on the move, no doubt about that.
So thanks for that.

But regarding intervention of UFO’s/ET crafts/beings during the war in Vietnam I have the following to add.
Here is what Clifford Stone said about it in a very interesting interview with him and Kerry Cassidy from project Camelot.

K: Now, was your title a clerk? I understand that was a cover story? Is that correct?

C: You actually had, you had a real life in the military. You had an actual mission. The only time that this other stuff came into play was when they had a UFO incident that was to occur and you were in the immediate area of that.

I can tell you in 1965 in Vietnam there was a base camp there that tried to open fire on a UFO. At the very minute they tried to do that none of their weapons worked. All the electricity went out and remained so until after the UFO left. Not having the power on anything is very, very scary and those were very, very tense moments.

K: As a Communicator, you were called that just in terms of your military life, from what age did you start working in this capacity would you say?

C: It was probably at about the age of about 19 or 20.

K: OK.

C: When it comes to people who do Interfacing, there is no school for that. There were things that went on in your life, when I got out there were seven people that were still in the military that did Interfacing, only seven, and that was military-wide.
And I was put into an incident where we had a situation that we weren’t told exactly where it was but I know …that we landed at Ben Hua because when I look back, there was a sign, that’s where we landed.

K: Ben Hua?

C: That’s in Vietnam.

K: Oh.

C: I know it was Ben Hua because it was the same when I went back. Now this was an incident that occurred…

K: Was it a crash? Or was it a visit?

C: We saw the entities.

K: OK…

C: This involved us going in and to try to extract an aircraft and we did, we cut it up into, I think, about seven pieces.

K: OK. Was it one of theirs?

C: No, no, no. This was a B-52…

K: OK…

C: …that didn’t crash normal.

K: Was it a time travel experience?

C: Nope. This was a craft that was shot down. Everybody was killed on… everybody was dead onboard the B-52.

K: Shot down by the visitors?

C: They were on a bombing mission over…. I have no way of knowing this but I would assume they were on a bombing mission over North Vietnam. The damage to the craft was as a result of anti-aircraft fire at the B-52. I mean the damage was that type. And it was used for conventional bombing. And where I said that we went in, we went from there by helicopter. But it was just like some giant hand had grabbed the plane out of mid-air and just set it on the jungle floor. And that’s what we were interested in.

K: Oh...

C: We didn’t know, you are not told. When we got on the plane in the States to leave to go over there, we were told we were going to Florida.

K: So it’s fascinating, that we don’t think of Vietnam and during the war as a time when we would also be dealing with off-world cultures.

C: You know why? They truly were told to call them helicopters. You were in a war zone, so what you do is you go in and put a little Occam’s Razor in there and you eliminate to the lowest denominator.

UFOs can’t exist. Let me rephrase that. UFOs is not a good term. Interplanetary Conveyances cannot exist, so it has to be something very earthly.

NSA went ahead and would call UFOs "UFOs" when we were monitoring communications with the Soviet Union. But they always qualified that in hopes that with the initiation of the Sunshine Act, later to become the Freedom of Information Act, that they would not be subject to those acts by saying seven UFOs being reported by such and such a location and site.

But when they would say seven UFOs, in parentheses, they would put: probably balloons.

Disregard the fact that, in the one document I am talking about, the seven UFOs were traveling at 1700 mph. Balloons can’t do that.

K: Right.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:04 PM
reply to post by spacevisitor

Hey buddy, glad you like the threads -I certainly enjoy reading (and appreciate) the contributions you make on them.

Thats a very interesting interview you've gone and posted there - it seems these mystery helicopter reports are popping up quite a lot.

Heres another pilot report from Danang:

Object Description:

Red and white at a distance of five feet outside the rotor disk and 200 feet over the airstrip at DaNang. No photo but I'll never forget what it looked like.

Additional Information:

This is from memory but it was just after lunch. About 1300 on a July day. Sunshine and clear skies. Unlimited visibility. We took off and slowed way down at 200 feet. From 7 o'clock this thing comes up and starts to pace us about five feet outside of the rotor disk. The pilot called back to the field but radar said he saw nothing on the scope. Just us. We accelerated to the point that the aircraft shook and the thing stayed right there. Maybe a minute, then it just left us like we were backing up. You could hear it like an artillery shell over the noise of the aircraft. Best I recall it headed due north across the bay from DaNang.


[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:10 PM
reply to post by spacevisitor

In my opinion Clifford Stone is probably the most credable witness in the ET/UFO area.

Just to watch his interviews is a very moving experience. I'd like to get him and some of the debunkers in the same room, the discussion would be very interesting indeed.

Oh, include Stephen Bassett and Richard Dolan as moderators, BRING IT ON.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:27 PM
Another Mystery helicopter report involving HMAS Holbart.

Story by Jon Wyatt

In June 1968 Australia was dismayed by the news that the guided-missile destroyer HMAS Hobart had been badly damaged by 'friendly fire' in Vietnam: Two crew died and seven were wounded during the USAF attack.

Officially, the Hobart 'Incident' occurred during a night operation against 'enemy helicopters' - but was it in reality a UFO story?

The evidence is very intriguing, and to find out why let's go to the beginning.

On Friday, 15 June 1968, Allied forward spotters along the eastern part of the Demilitarised Zone, a 9.6km wide strip separating North and South Vietnam, reported seeing about 30 strange slow-moving 'lights' in the night sky. At the time the belief was these were lumbering North Vietnamese Russian-built M-14 'Hound' helicopters ferrying men and materiel over the border.

After the sightings, Allied Command, fearing another Tet Offensive-style build-up, rushed more anti-aircraft guns to the border, and placed Phantom fighter-bombers at Danang Air Base on standby, and it also asked available Allied warships to patrol the DMZ coast. HMAS Hobart II one of those warships that responded.

That night, the forward spotters along the eastern DMZ again reported the 'enemy helicopters' had re-appeared, and the Allied forces sprang into action.

Details of the subsequent aerial 'melee' remain sketchy, but it is known several US 7th Air Force Phantom fighter-bombers soon arrived on the scene and began firing on the intruders; and were supported by anti-aircraft ground fire. During the Allied attack the 'enemy helicopters' were seen to move down the east coast and then out to the sea - and there things went terribly wrong.

A US Navy Board of Inquiry, which investigated the Hobart 'incident' for the Australian government, found shortcomings of the Phantom's radar system were partly to blame: to stop big targets flooding the radarscope the radar had a cut-off mechanism, so the returns from a warship and a slow moving low flying helicopter could appear similar on-screen.

After the 'lights' fled seaward, the first 'friendly fire' incident occurred shortly after midnight when the US Navy swift boat PCF-19 was sunk by three air-to-air missiles while patrolling some kilometres south of the DMZ. Five of the seven crew died. After daybreak, US helicopters airlifted the wounded Australian sailors to Danang and the damaged Hobart went to Subic Bay, Philippines, for repairs and was off the scene for five weeks -and that night DMZ 'lights' returned.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:23 AM

Viet Nam USMC Vet Observes Objects Following Jet Aircraft

Number of witnesses: 4

Number of objects: 8

Shape of objects: Just a dot in sky except for one, very bright red/blue light.

Full Description of event/sighting: We were sitting at the end of the flight line watching the Phantom F-4 jets take off on a bomb run when we saw the first of strange lights in the sky. They seemed to follow the jets, as a matter of fact (after talking with a mate in the tower) they were following the jets. At first there were only two lights, but in no time there were eight objects close to the jet aircraft. We thought they were MIG'S and radioed the same, but to our dismay no MIG aircraft were seen on the radar at that time.

They continued to follow for quite some time, now this is where it gets kind of weird. The jets came back to base and the pilots were saying they were being followed by an, quote - "Unidentified Aircraft". As the airplanes landed and the objects followed them to with in approximately 1000 feet of the run way. We could vaguely make out a shape of two of them, they were oval in shape with lots of lights and a very strange amber glow. The objects hovered for about 20 seconds, then they all shot off at a high rate of speed and were gone.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:44 PM
reply to post by karl 12

Early 1970,
Night flying mission over the trail in Laos. Target rich environment heavily defended. OV-10 directing F-4 bombers. A red light, bigger
than a tracer and slower moving came up from behind and below.
It appeared to slow to match my speed and turned to follow when I turned away from what would have otherwise been a collision course.

The event lasted ten seconds max, a long time in night aerial combat.
For comparison we saw more than 100 rounds of the usual 37 mm rounds on this mission. This was not tracer ammo or a rocket.

GIB also saw the red light and we decided to call it a new type of rocket
but we both new it was not a munition or another aircraft.

What do you think of that?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:01 AM
reply to post by whatwasthat

Whatwasthat, thanks for sharing your account - have no idea what the object was but by the way you describe the flight characteristics it sounds very odd.

There are many other pilot reports here where unknown objects have been reported travelling alongside aircraft -some of which sound quite similar to yours.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:37 AM
reply to post by spacevisitor

Spacevisitor - theres some more (pretty disturbing) reading below about the B52 bomber incident mentioned in your post:

Although many strange stories have come out of the Vietnam conflict, there can be none stranger than that reported at a UFO Conference in Las Vegas in 1989 by an ex United States Air Force man who was serving as a photographer in Vietnam in the late sixties. He was involved in a mission to investigate the mysterious crash of a B-52 bomber, and was air lifted by helicopter into the jungle where the plane had gone down. The first surprise was to find the plane intact, and no sign of a crash landing: it was if the plane had been air lifted and placed into position. Inside the cabin, though was a greater shock. The four-man crew were still strapped into their seats, but all had been mutilated with the typical clean-cut wounds that we see in the animal mutilations. After inspecting the plane and photographing both it and the occupants, the investigation team was ordered to burn the plane and the occupants.

graphic link-discretion advised


posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
Interesting comment made by Russian scientist:

Vietnam War UFO Shot at by Hanoi Missiles

Dr Rimili Avramenko, a Russian scientist revealed that during the Vietnam War, a massive UFO flew over Hanoi. Although every major weapon in that city had its sights set on the craft, it didn't budge. The spherical object had a luminous, orange glow was sited at high altitude over Hanoi where it remained nearly stationary for an hour and a half. Thinking that some kind of the air raid was eminent, the North Vietnamese fired three anti-aircraft missiles at it. They were completely ineffective, however, as none could reach the extreme altitude of the UFO according to Allen J. Hynek, in "UFOs Merit Scientific Study," P. 179

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:27 PM
reply to post by karl 12

The usual top quality stuff Karl... There's one incident that seems to be ether a total modern myth or it might have some legs to it. I remember reading in the 70s that the US launched an expedition into some pretty dense jungle to ascertain exactly what had crashed there. The story had a couple of flavours. 1 was that, a B52 *collided* with an unknown object and was forced down and the expedition was to recover the crew and possibly some ordinance that was on board and 2... The B52 and the "craft" it collided with both crashed and that the expedition was to ascertain what happened and retrieve anything of interest.

It was one of those tales that cropped up in a few books in the 1970s and early 80s then seemed to vanish from the catalogue. I believe it was resurrected in the 90s when it was mentioned in and X Files episode. I've always assumed it was just moonshine and a modern myth that ended up being reported as fact. if anyone has any further details I;d be fascinated to read them.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:11 PM
I met a veteran that worked in a photo reconnaissance unit. One of the RF-4C Phantoms in his unit was doing a bomb damage assessment flight over the Ho Chi Minh trail when it filmed a saucer shaped UFO hovering in a valley.

The pilot never saw the UFO and it was not till the film was developed that one of the photo interpreters working in the lab saw it.

The pilot would just start the cameras at a point in his flight and run them till they were out of film while trying to out run triple A and SAM missile fire. the UFO was in a valley he crossed after leaving the Ho Chi Minh trail in Cambodia

Some of the people working in the unit photo lab made prints of the shot before it was turn over to AF intelligence.

The veteran still has the copy he made but won't release it because he still works for the government in a classified job.
but he said no one in his unit was ever given any orders to forget ever seeing the photo. But they all had top secret clearances and everything was need to know.

But he has let me and a few of his friends see the photo and there is no way it could have been faked as it is done from a very fine grain high speed film the only the government used (12 inch by 12inch film 1200+ ASA in 100 foot rolls) and when you blow up the photo the grain size is the same in the UFO as in the jungle around the UFO.

I have heard that many pilots flying combat over the Ho Chi Minh trail saw and wanted to fire on strange flying lights but because of the danger of friendly fire danger were ordered not to unless attacked..
At times there were Navy, Air Force, Marine corp and CIA aircraft flying different missions in the same areas and there was a lack of communications between agencies.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:44 AM
HI Karl
Vietnam files are like a treasure trove of unidentified areal activity.

I came across the following Vietnam UFO landing at a U.S. base discovered by National Archives. A Egg 20 feet long that made no sound.

Twr 72 rpts [reports] object flying into their area about 700m infront [sic] of them, AZ 310°. Object came in slow over the ASP [Ammunition Supply Point] & landed. When object moves it has a glowing light. It is about 15 – 20 ft across. It is shaped like a big egg. Control twr rpts their radar did not pick anything up. Object also does not seem to have any sound to it when it moves.

oe Gillette ends his piece by analyzing all the possible conventional explanations that could have triggered such an unusual report, such as flares or drug use, although he doesn’t find them particularly convincing. His analysis is worth quoting in full: Possible conventional explanations for the sighting exist. Tracer rounds and flares both create illumination. But tracer rounds don’t float to the ground and certainly aren’t shaped like an ‘egg’, and flares might float to the ground, but aren’t egg shaped either. Additionally, drug use by soldiers, particularly by 1969, was a known problem in Vietnam. But two or more soldiers typically manned these towers. Assuming this was a drug-induced vision, it’s difficult to imagine they each experienced the same hallucination, although if they were observing something they could not readily identify, one might have convinced the others they were seeing a UFO. Boredom too could have resulted in a bout of creative storytelling, but if discovered, the soldiers risked disciplinary action. So while potential conventional explanations exist for both the sighting and the report, nothing in the journals tells us which of those might have been at work.

The truth may be out there, but it isn’t in these records. Although the log entry is quite short, some of the characteristics described do match those of UFOs reported elsewhere in the literature. The unnamed soldiers state the object was flying slow just before it landed and that it had “a glowing light.” It was not picked up by radar (common in many UFO cases and now available also in military stealth technology) and it didn’t make any sound—common again in countless UFO sightings. The object’s egg-shape, if not the most typical, can certainly be found in ufological records. One famous case that comes to mind is the Socorro, New Mexico, landing of April 1964 reported by policeman Lonnie Zamora, which was definitely shaped like an egg, and there are many others in the UFO annals.

edit on 21-7-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:11 PM
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks for this thread. I will have to read it when I have time.

There was supposed to be an occurance that sounds like where Predator might have got its story. It was about a B52 shot down in the jungle. A group of military specialist found it and said it looked like the crew had been disected.

If it is not here already I will see if I can find it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:25 PM
reply to post by karl 12

I see Fire Moon has already mentioned it.
This is the B52 story:

In May 1970 English was an officer with US Army Special Forces in Vietnam. His A-Team was sent dispatched to locate, and if possible rescue the crew of, a B-52 bomber that had crashed in dense jungle in Laos. Air Force records have no B-52 crashing in Southeast Asia between July 1969 and July 1972. This could be because the records were altered to hide the truth from the public. The plane had crashed after a hostile encounter with a UFO described as a large white light.

English and his team located the B-52 by helicopter. It was lying among the trees as if it had been placed there. There was no damage at all to the aircraft, its bomb load, or the jungle. All the crew was onboard, in their seats, horribly mutilated, although there was no blood anywhere. Dog tags were taken from the bodies and code books removed and the aircraft was blown up, the bombs still being onboard. The incident was similar one involving a Soviet AN-2P mail plane in 1961 except none of the crew where found.

Several weeks afterwards the team was ambushed and mostly wiped out. English was taken prisoner but escaped when he killed his guard. He was found in the jungle by US forces.

English left the Army in 1973. In 1976 he was working as an intelligence analyst at RAF Chicksands, a major USAF/NSA electronic listening post in England. His wife was teaching in the base school. On June 29. 1976 he was given a 625 page document titled Grudge / Blue Book Report #13 to asses. The document detailed captured alien craft, including their weapons, autopsies of the alien bodies, and close encounter reports. Notes by Dr. J. Allen Hynek and others written in Cyrillic hand writing were in the document. Also in the document were photos English had taken of the dead crew of the B-52 that had crashed in Laos. Also included was the fact that the bomber had crashed after being attacked by a UFO. English was convinced the report was authentic when he saw his own photos.

A few weeks after this, English was dismissed from his post. This is either because of his positive assessment of Report #13 or because he was not meant to see it. He was dismissed by the base commander, Colonel Robert Black and deported back to the USA the very same day.

In around 1980, in Tucson, Arizona, English was approached by Colonel Black who said he too had been released from the USAF for reasons connected with Report #13. He told English he had evidence of a large UFO buried somewhere on White Sands Missile Range and asked him to join an expedition to find it. English, Black, and a former USAF sergeant equipped a 4x4 van and infiltrated the range. They were financed by the sale of English's leather-goods business.

One night on this trip English was about 3000 feet from the van when helicopters came into view and rocketed the van, destroying it and killing his companions in the vehicle at the time. English escaped by foot to Tucson where he rested at the home of UFO researcher Wendelle Stevens. He discovered his own home was under surveillance and left Tucson by a series of subterfuges. He eventually settled in Lynchburg, Virginia and worked as a cameraman at WSET television for some years.

Eight years latter English began to tell his story. He claimed that 15 attempts had been made on his life while he was hiding. In one attack he said two men armed with sub-machine guns fired on his home for 15 solid minutes. No help came even though the local police station was 600 feet down the street.

English reportedly could not remember details from the crash. He could not remember the tail number of the B-52, the number of his A-team or recognize a CAR-15, the preferred weapon of Special Forces personnel. His memories were possibly altered to conceal these details and try to discredit him. Such loses of memory are common in alien abductions and not out of consideration for the military to use to conceal secret information.

There is no record of a Colonel Black ever commanding RAF Chicksands. There is no record of a William S. English being deported from the United Kingdom. Colonel Black may have been a fictitious officer created to expel English from any contact with the military at all. He was then used again when it was decided to eliminate English altogether. Unfortunately, he was not in the van when it was destroyed.

The tale of William S. English is one of conspiracy. He saw a B-52 downed by a UFO and the military then spent the next twenty years first trying to discredit him then to eliminate him to try to conceal the truth.

~ AP
edit on 23-10-2012 by spiritualarchitect because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

log in