It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Experiences In My Apartment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I moved into the apartment which I currently live in July of 2008. Starting the first night, I felt an uneasy presence. At first I believed it to just be the whole "new place" thing. But a number of strange things occurred.

First thing, I placed some DVDs on a chair of mine before going off to bed, when I woke in the morning, the paper covers were wet, yet the outside plastic was not, and the seat of the chair was but it looked like excess water leaked out (i hope that explanation makes sense)

Second, about a week later, I was grabbing a bowl to make me some cereal, and it each bowl was wet. This was odd because I am rather OCD about making sure my dishes are completely dry before they are put up, and these were WET...I'd say soaked if dishes had that property, but again, I think you get the point. (I am also aware that I could have just not dried them. Just putting forward what has happened)

the next example is I hear constant walking at all hours from up stairs. I am in the downstairs apartment, but have become quite aware of my upstairs neighbor's schedule. I became fully convinced that not all of what I hear was him when I saw him get in his car and leave as I was coming home from work, and heard loud footsteps stomping around. I went outside to check if he really did leave, and his car was no longer there. He lives with no one (almost a recluse type) and as far as I could tell, no one else was in there. I know this because I became kind of freaked out and stayed up waiting to hear someone come or go, got tired of that and went upstairs and knocked on the door and no one answered (again, im aware it could've been other things...but I'm not sure)

This last experience is the most telling to me that something paranormal is going on. I pick up better than most on the presence of people, how they are feeling etc....I explain it to people by saying I can feel their "vibe". Example is I can walk up to anyone and tell what kind of mood they are in. Being around angry or upset people is highly stressing for me. If I am around someone who is extremely happy, I will have a better mood overall. (I know this is in part normal human behavior...but I have spoken with many people about this, and feel like I have more of a sense for it. Also, my friends always say how well I emphasize with them..I hope that was the correct word to use.)

Well more recently, I'd say the last 3 months or so, I have been completely alone in my apartment and get the feeling that someone else is there, sometimes that they are all happy, others they are upset, mad, angry, pretty much the whole gambit of human emotion. Like someone is there just going about life. I will be watching one of those reality shows (I'm a sucker for them) and get the feeling that someone right there is not only watching it with me, but annoyed that they have to sit through that. I will be watching something entirely different, change the channel and get the feeling that they are annoyed I changed it, like they were enjoying it. I will talk at the TV (not in the crazy way) and feel either like I was being agreed with, or opposite.

I know this is a whole mesh of things that have happened, but I simply do not know what is going on.

If it is paranormal, my theory is it is someone who has passed, but not crossed over and is just living there with me. I don't sense any ill feelings towards me in particular, just sometimes seems like they have "bad days"

Can anybody offer an explanation? Confirmation?

Also, can anybody shed light on how often this occurs in apartments. I'd figure that with many tenants over a long period of time (this apartment complex has been around a while, my girlfriends mother turns out to have lived in my building when she was in college at least 20 years ago.

But yea...any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hi,

I suggest that if you haven't gotten one already, look into buying a simple audio recording and attempt to pick up on some electronic voice phenomenon (EVP) -- (google it if you're curious.)

Also, EMF detectors can be helpful during these situations. They're pretty cheap, and can be used to detect abnormally high levels of electric currents throughout your apartment.
Spirits/ghosts/whatever you'd like to call them tend to thrive where there is high levels of energy (this occurs a lot around houses that are near water, especially when it's high tide/full moon.)

Mainly, I would just sit down and politely ask whoever/whatever it is to leave your home. There's a few different methods you can use for this, but most of them are for religious reasons.
But, then again, if you don't mind them, I suppose you don't have to ask'em to leave!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

To me it seems like you've had recent and substantial changes in your life and are now projecting them outwardly. Don't get offended for I might be wrong as usual. But the moisture problem may be because of the air conditioning, as different materials absorbs moist in distinct ways and air flows can cause many kind of audible phenomenas. The emotions of invisible presence is propably because of your subconsciousness.

Have had peculiar dreams lately? Have you had any dark or black figures appearing in your dreams? If yes, what can you tell about it?

As you can guess, I don't believe ghosts, but I know that human mind is capable of most strange expressions. I began to suspect this as I recalled the case of a familiar person after I read your post.

The guy also moved to a new appartment, had some peculiar events like things changing locations and gone missing without his personal involvement; then it turn out that he was solely responsible for the events as he has been so drunk that he had misplaced stuff and couldn't rememeber it. Also, he had some substantial changes going on his life and didn't cope well on them.

Anyways, your case might be different, and you may have ghosts even tho I highly suspect it. You know who you gonna call?

-v

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The wet plates thing. is very likely to be Condensation. it happens to my dishes.

the wet dvd, it could be a number of things, as not significant enough to call it paranormal.

the strange feeling? could be electric/magneticticiy in the air. scientist have reproduced the feeling of someone being in the same room like this.

don't worry about it.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

I have considered on numerous occasions buy a recorder and sitting down and attempting to talk to it, I may go for it now.

and to V, I am fully open to me being responsible for everything. I am a skeptical believer I would say. I do think these things are in existence, but would notbe surprised if it WASN'T happening to me.

I have had an emotional year or so, I'll admit that.

But the emotions I am feeling coming from an outside source are different from what I am feeling...i don't know how else to explain it other then it's just a feeling. May not be enough for you to believe it, and I understand, but it's just how it is for me.

My point of this was to share in the hopes of maybe helping someone else feel comfortable about sharing in the future, and to maybe help narrow down reasons...and like you said if it is something to do with me...I may need to work on that stuff.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
how close do you have to be to pick up someones vibe? my apartment walls are thin and It sounds like someone is taking a leak in my bedroom when ever the neghbor uses the bathroom. if its a shared wall and your couch is right next to it and their couch is on the otherside, then you could be pick up from their vibe.

I usually dry the inside of my dishes but I almost always forget to dry the outsides and bottom, but then again im pretty lazy.

I also have layers of lead paint on my walls, and I have a theory that it interferes with my cell phone, because there is no reception unless I physically stick my head on the windows.

I have been living in my apartment for three years now, I moved here for work not knowing anyone in a 100 mile radius. im not great at making new friends, and I used to be something of hermit until I joined a band a few months back. living alone in an apartment can eat away at your sanity, especially if you have few social interactions, like me.

I hate to be scarred, so I usually try and watch stuff like Seinfeld because it helps me keep paranormal things out of my mind.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
1) You are almost undoubtedly, like me, an Empath. You 'sens' other's emotions. Empaths tend to be much more open to 'other energies'.

2)I often hear footseteps going up and down the stairs in my condo. At first I wrote it off as just hearing my neighbors, but i started to notice it was happening when they werent home.

3)I once was 'pushed up" the stairs by an unseen, unknown force. it felt like someone pushing passed me(like kids when they race to the top of the steps).

I finally came to the conclusion that I was sensing an entity in my place. Turns out, there have been 4 deaths in my place(none violent, all natural). I am thoroughly convinced these are what I am sensing.

As far as the liquid goes, it is quite common that moisture is associated with paranormal events. It is VERY possible that an entity was 'sitting' in the chair with the cd's. Ive experienced similar things in the past, most notably when i encountered my ex's mother's apparition, only to have my upper body suddenly turn moist, like I had been sitting in a sauna.

Just my take, by no means am I saying this is definitely what is happening.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
One thing I would do is go upstairs and talk to your neighbour. Ask him if anyone else lives with him or if he has a pet. If he says no, ask him if he ever hears anything unusual in his apartment. Would be interesting to know what he says.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

It took me a while to realize the difference between being RIGHT next to someone, and being across the room etc. and it definitely feels like they are in the room in a very close proximity. My couch is not touching a neighboring wall either. ALthough I will not dismiss that as a possibility until I look into it further.

I do go through times of being a hermit, times of being out and about, but I have had these things happen regardless of what I am doing. My girlfriend has also felt things, as has the girl I dated before hand, and a friend who is very comfortable around me and who is a couch surfer felt uneasy to the point they found somewhere else to stay.

Again, I am not trying to dismiss any possibilities...I am in fact going to take it all into consideration. I really do appreciate the help. I just want to figure out what is the most logical answer.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by swinggal

no one living there, no pets. just him. I checked with the management first off, I just bluntly told them I think it's haunted, they laughed at me and said no he lives alone, no pets.

If he has a dog, he never lets it out...ever.

and if he has a cat, it's one big ol' cat. because all the walking sounds like a person.

I will check with him if it is just him for sure though.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I have ALWAYS thought I was an Empath, even before I had any idea what it was. I just always sensed things....

any advice as far as that goes?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Oh, and one other thing, perhaps you could check your apartment's prior history?
Someone may have died there, or something of that sort.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I had an almost-paranormal experience in my apartment.

One day I woke up and went to the bathroom and saw something that caught my attention. I have a HUGE mirror in my bathroom. It covers most of the wall.

Anyway, i was brushing my teeth when i saw this mark of a hand on the mirror. I thought that was strange because it was at a height a little above my head.

I ignored it for a few days and then I noticed something stranger... more hands appeared in my mirror. Was that a sign? Was there a spirit trying to communicate with me? I had been trying some Out of Body Experience exercises... could that have something to do with it?

It was starting to creep me out so I decided to clean the mirror and remove those hand marks.

Next morning, guess what? It was back there! Ok, that's it. I was starting to get goosebumps. I got a digital voice recorder and let it recording inside my bathroom during the night while I was sleeping.

Next morning I wake up, go to the bathroom and see another hand mark in the mirror. Get my digital voice recorder and play it. Guess what i found out?

I heard this strange noise... something dripping... I quickly realised what that sound was... It was me... peeing in the middle of the night. Those handmarks were mine since I was probably sleepy and leaned against the mirror with my right hand to hold my ermm... buddy... with the left... case closed.

Point is, there could be a rational explanation to what is going on.

[edit on 16-12-2009 by henriquefd]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I have ALWAYS thought I was an Empath, even before I had any idea what it was. I just always sensed things....

any advice as far as that goes?

Advice....

There isnt much to give. My only advice would be to embrace it. It can be a valuable tool in man situations, and I have also found that if i concentrate hard enough, I can afect the emotions of others(some would call this a 'calming' affect). I have actually defused many hostile situations by simply focusing on being the calming energy in the vicinity.

Also, dont let it overwhelm you. You MUST practice the ability to remove yourseelf from emotion. Otherwise. the emotion of others can consume you.

Other than that, I would simply advise you to use it. the more you focus on it, the more distinct it becomes.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

ha, thats a funny story, and trust me, I'm keeping me as a possibility to all of this, but thanks for sharing. It really made me chuckle.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
That was really interesting to read.

I just can't help but notice there has been an increasing amount of ATS members posting about their "paranormal experiences", ever since the film "Paranormal Activity" came out.... In no way am I saying your post is full of crap, not at all.

But it does make me question why are there an increasing amount? I'm sure there have been SOME ATS's that have seen this movie and thought WOW, I'm gunna go on ATS and describe an "experience" I had, its gunna be so scary.

Like I said though, I'm not saying you have done that.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I can definately help you.

A friend of mine pointed me to your post here on ATS because I helped her too with a ghost and she too was experiencing the "wetness" in areas in her home that she could not explain. They would appear all over her home and all the time she would clean it up and it would reappear later.

We concluded that it was ectoplasm residue.

I do believe you are having a paranormal experience with an earthbound spirit who has not crossed over to the other side.

If you are troubled by this spirit, the best thing you can do is communicate with it and tell it that it is dead and encourage it to move on. Alot of times I just tell them to move next door to a neighbors house if they dont want to leave. As I cant force a spirit to move on, but I can provide it ample reason to leave my dwelling.

Alot of times earthbounds pick homes to stay in- not just because they died there- but because they just like it there. If you make it well known that you do not want the spirit in the home and you will do whatever it takes to make the spirit leave- most spririts will move on.

If it refuses to leave, and you want it to leave you alone- please contact me and I can help you with methods to cross the spirit over permenantly.

Blessings!
Angela

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
That was really interesting to read.

I just can't help but notice there has been an increasing amount of ATS members posting about their "paranormal experiences", ever since the film "Paranormal Activity" came out.... In no way am I saying your post is full of crap, not at all.

But it does make me question why are there an increasing amount? I'm sure there have been SOME ATS's that have seen this movie and thought WOW, I'm gunna go on ATS and describe an "experience" I had, its gunna be so scary.

Like I said though, I'm not saying you have done that.

I believe you're mistaken...these anecdotes have NOTHING to do with the movie which wasn't even talked about all that much considering! lol
Seems to me more people are relating ALL kinds of incidents in ALL kinds of threads! Maybe THAT'S why you think there are more stories suddenly.... just MY observations!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

Incorrect. There is no evidence ghosts even exist, let alone in what conditions they thrive in. I know you mean well, but there simply is no evidence supporting your position. The same goes for EVPs - there is plenty of evidence showing how they're bunk, and no evidence supporting them.

EMFs? The only use for those is detecting abnormally high levels which can induce feelings of uneasiness or dread in people. The same with infrasound. Neither is supernatural in nature, indeed both are very natural, but can cause creepy feelings in folks.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

thanks for your input, i never even considered the ectoplasm stuff but that's a thought.

i don't get the feeling that i would need to get rid of this presence. it has never caused harm or anything...i'm kinda letting it be until it tries to harm me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join