It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spies... on the Moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

No.
You apologize for posting an incorrect statement.

Stewart David Nozette, a prominent scientist who was involved in the recent mission and the discovery of water on the Moon by the Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft has been arrested October 20, 2009 on charges of espionage by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for allegedly trying to sell to Israeli Intelligence Agency details of US missile detection aboard the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

You start with a direct quote from the article, then change it to something you made up. That is deceptive and wrong.

Where does it say anywhere that he was selling information about the LRO? Where is anything said about the LRO being a missle detection satellite? Just because you might think there are missile launchers on the Moon does not mean LRO is supposed to watch for them.

[edit on 12/15/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisd250
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

as phage allready pointed out, the israelis just want to know about our missle tracking system on the lunar orbiter....

I don’t think that Mossad, the Israeli Intelligence Agency, want to know about our missle tracking system on the lunar orbiter.... because on Clementine, LRO and Chandrayaan-1 there are different instruments and different radar systems strictly functional to their mission: "To acquire data on the lunar surface about the WATER presence."

They want other: the data collected by the “Mini-RF”.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Now Note, this guy was entrapped - it was an undercover agent operation.. this means that they had this guy under suspicion and couldn't prove anything so they had to entrap him.

I agree, the entrapment bothered me at first. But after I read he had received a $225,000 payment from the Israeli government presumably for an espionage crime he did commit but there was no proof for, I didn't feel as bad about the entrapment.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

There's a thing called "Dual-use Technology" that is a big pain in the butt these days for the U.S. Government. Dual-use technologies are technologies that could be used by both the military and for peaceful uses.

For example, there is a "Gyro-chip" that is used in commercial aviation stabilization equipment and also by NASA spacecraft that is illegal to sell many foreign countries because of there potential military uses. A private company who makes gyro chips was fined for selling some to China.

So, even if I go along with your theory for a moment that somehow Israel wanted something from the "Mini RF" on Chandrayaan-1, it's very possible that the "Mini RF" used on Chandrayaan strictly for scientific purposes could use technology that is classified because of its potential military use by a foreign country.

However, your idea that somehow this directly links Mossad to Chandrayaan is all speculation with no evidence in support of it.

[edit on 12/15/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The link between Chandrayaan, LRO, Clementine, Water/Life on the Moon, Mossad, India (ISRO) and Usa (NASA) is....... the MINI-RF and Stuart Nozette, the principal developer of this revolutionary instrument since 1990'.
Quote:
Mini-RF stands for Miniature Radio Frequency. Based on new technology, this powerful scientific instrument (also known as Mini-SAR) consists of an antenna and electronics boxes. The combined mass of the Mini-SAR components on Chandrayaan-1 is about 19 pounds (9 kilograms), while the Mini-RF package on the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter weighs approximately 29 pounds (14 kilograms)….

Mini-RF focuses on the lunar poles, mysterious and relatively unexplored regions that preserve materials from the early history and evolution of the solar system. These regions also have significant exploration potential, having been chosen as the location of the next human lunar mission. If Mini-RF locates ice deposits, these resources could be used by future lunar explorers…..

Using its advanced capabilities to investigate suspected ice deposits, the Mini-RF on the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter will make targeted observations of potentially significant areas spotted by Mini-SAR on Chandrayaan-1…….

Mini-RF has been designed, built and tested by a team that spans the entire United States. The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) performed the final integration and testing on both instruments; they were developed and built by the Naval Air Warfare Center and several other commercial and government contributors, including Sandia National Laboratories, Raytheon and Northrop Grumman.. The Satellite Communications Facility on APL’s Maryland campus serves as Chandrayaan-1’s primary ground station in the Western Hemisphere.

Instrument Principal Investigators Paul Spudis (Mini-SAR) and Stuart Nozette (Mini-RF) are from the Lunar and Planetary Institute.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

He also worked on a few other projects;

As former government physicist, allegedly Nozette worked for almost every military shop in the US government including the Air Force's Phillips Laboratory, the Ballistic Missile Defense Organization, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, the Naval Research Laboratory, and the Defense Advanced Research Project's Administration (DARPA). He also served on president George H. W. Bush's space council and worked with NASA.

He knew quite a lot about a lot of things. I really don't think Israel is very interested in any "secret data" from LRO or Chandrayaan-1. I'm sure they are very interested in learning more about how to detect missile launches.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Imagir

He also worked on a few other projects;

As former government physicist, allegedly Nozette worked for almost every military shop in the US government including the Air Force's Phillips Laboratory, the Ballistic Missile Defense Organization, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, the Naval Research Laboratory, and the Defense Advanced Research Project's Administration (DARPA). He also served on president George H. W. Bush's space council and worked with NASA.

He knew quite a lot about a lot of things. I really don't think Israel is very interested in any "secret data" from LRO or Chandrayaan-1. I'm sure they are very interested in learning more about how to detect missile launches.

I'm not so sure as you...
There are other skilled scientist to "contact" on how "detect missiles".

Israel could ask this kind of material widely to USA aven if Israel possesses already this type of technology and however on such type of issue it can make blind confidence on the ally American.

What the ally American cannot give to Israel are the ultrasecrets data of the MINI-RF and what they really found on the Moon.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

As top American co-investigator for India's maiden mission to the moon, Chandrayaan-1, Nozette worked on a NASA guest instrument flown onboard Chandrayaan to search for water hidden deep within the craters of the moon.

That pretty much says it all.

If anyone has seen these images of strange structures in many of the craters, that's obviously the kind of stuff that this device have picked up.

There is something really sinister at play in there, but I think Israel tried to peek into it for the right reasons...

But wtf with China? They don't seemed to be tied with the US government... why collaborating to the "secret"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join