It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spies... on the Moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Why the Mossad, the Israely Intelligence Agency, wants gather informations and the data on the discoveries made by Chandraayan-1 (the Indian Spacecraft), on the Moon?
Why does Israel want to know what “really” it is found on the Moon?
Which is the link between the Moon, the Indian probe and the Usa?
Which is “THE SECRET”?

Stewart David Nozette, a prominent scientist who was involved in the recent mission and the discovery of water on the Moon by the Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft has been arrested October 20, 2009 on charges of espionage by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for allegedly trying to sell to Israeli Intelligence Agency details of US missile detection aboard the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

As top American co-investigator for India's maiden mission to the moon, Chandrayaan-1, Nozette worked on a NASA guest instrument flown onboard Chandrayaan to search for water hidden deep within the craters of the moon.
The results from this instrument are yet to be revealed completly.

According to a 16th October FBI affidavit, Nozette was contacted by an undercover officer posing as an agent working for the Israeli Intelligence Agency. Nozette agreed to accept money in exchange for his past access to top secret documents. Nozette once had top security clearance, and developed technology for the Pentagon between 2000 and 2006.

According to the Nature Blog, Stewart Nozette has worked for with Israeli contacts previously. The FBI affidavit says that between 1998 and 2008, an Israeli Aerospace Company "wholly owned by the Government of the State of Israel" paid Nozette some $225,000.

Nozette's worked for pretty much every military shop in the US government including the Air Force's Phillips Laboratory, the Ballistic Missile Defense Organization, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, the Naval Research Laboratory, and the Defense Advanced Research Project's Administration (DARPA). He also served on president George H. W. Bush's space council and worked with NASA.

He's well known in scientific circles for conceiving the 1994 Clementine mission, which used a military test satellite to discover some of the first traces of water on the Moon's South Pole.

India is confident that Nozette had no access to any confidential information during his work with Chandrayaan. “This arrest is an internal matter of NASA,” says A. Bhaskara Narayana, Scientific Secretary to ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization).

But this that I wonder myself is also: there is a secret pact between USA and India about what it is really found on the Moon?

Why the MOSSAD was so interested about those “scientific data”?

Do India and the USA have undersigned a secret pact for manage in partnership the DISCLOSURE about the Extraterrestrial presence?

Perhaps are all the last sensational news (from ISRA/India and confirmed from USA/NASA) on discovery of WATER and maybe Extraterrestrial LIFE on the MOON only an advance payment on what waits for us soon?

Is the speech of Obama on November 24, 2009 related to the find of “Life on the Moon” and The Extraterrestrial presence?

Is this the “New Deal”, the “New Frontier”?

In my opinion…YES it is...

I think that President Barak Obama has tightened an epochal pact whit India...

"Tonight, under the stars, we celebrate the spirit that will sustain our partnership - the bonds of friendship between our people... And so, as we draw upon these ties that bind our common future together, I want to close with the words that your first Prime Minister spoke at that midnight hour on the eve of Indian independence, because Nehru's words speak to our hopes tonight: 'The achievement we celebrate today is but a step, an opening of opportunity, to the great triumphs and achievements that await us... The past is over and it is the future that beckons us now.' So I propose a toast to all of you... To the future that beckons all of us. Let us answer its call. And let our two great nations realize all the triumphs and achievements that await us."
- President Barack Obama, White House State Dinner on November 24, 2009.

The White House Usa-India State Dinner

Sources:
www.ndtv.com...

www.universetoday.com...

blogs.nature.com...

www.esa.int...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

interesting theory...israel probably just wants to know everything, just like every government does. we probably have spies spying on the spies of mossad. this guy probably just saw a cash cow and went for it, not thinking he'd get caught. there may be a conspiracy there but i highly doubt it.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
How can this be a NASA internal matter AND he be charged by the FBI at the same time? I didn't know the FBI worked for NASA.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Fbi is formally competent for this kind of issues.
What me leaves me astounded is that the Israeli secret service tries to acquire “simple” scientific data not still disclosed regarding the discoveries made from the Chandrayaan-1 probe.
Why to be involved in an international Spy-story with diplomatic repercussions for some simple scientific data that soon the world will know all?

Or maybe not? They hide something?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The Israelis want information about Indian and US rocketry (as in missiles) is that so strange?

They also sent their spies into the US for the same reasons.
whatreallyhappened.com...

They don't care about Chandrayaan-1.

[edit on 12/15/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
can some one please cite me the claim that he allegedly tried to sell the indian data ???

because my eyes must be failing , as i clearly read :

for allegedly trying to sell to Israeli Intelligence Agency details of US missile detection aboard the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

nothing to do with the indians what so ever

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I thought the FBI had quite a wide ranging mandate to investigate all kinds of crime. The CIA would be too high up for this. They arent crime fighters , they are intelligence operatives. The FBI (as far as I can see) would be the go to guys for investigating acts of treason or espionage, and also the ones to take such matters to court. Usualy the CIA would only have something to say about it when the material being traded would have a negative effect on the security of the united states, whereas the FBI can investigate and prosecute just simply because a crime has occured.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, I Know.
But what it does not convince to me at all in this strange one spy-story is the fact that the Israeli intelligence Agency did not want data or documents about on the Vectors (rockets and missiles) or nuke warhead but it exactly headed to obtain the data recorded from Chandrayaan-1 at the lunar surface.
Nozette is a fairly prominent scientist who helped conceive the 1994 Clementine mission to the Moon, and currently was a co-investigator on Chandrayaan-1, the Indian Moon mission, and on an instrument aboard the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter missile detection satellites

Why to head at this type of classified documents?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Maybe Israel is looking for Nazi's on the moon
Interesting stuff!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Where does it say he sold lunar data to the Israelis?

You have given a misquote. Nowhere is it said;

allegedly trying to sell to Israeli Intelligence Agency details of US missile detection aboard the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

Chandayaraan-1 did not have missile detection instruments and neither does the LRO.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The Israelis want information about Indian and US rocketry (as in missiles) is that so strange?

They also sent their spies into the US for the same reasons.
whatreallyhappened.com...

They don't care about Chandrayaan-1.

"NASA's INSTRUMENTS ABOARD THE CHANDRAYAAAN".

See the video at the bottom.
www.ndtv.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Maybe the Mossad wanted the data recorded from this NASA's instrument on board of the Indian Chandrayaan-1 probe...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
Maybe the Mossad wanted the data recorded from this NASA's instrument on board of the Indian Chandrayaan-1 probe...

I read the article and I still don't see where it says that he was trying to give away classified data obtained by that instrument on board Candrayaan-1.

Couldn't it be the actual hardware technology (or even computer software technology) that Israel was after and not the data?

[edit on 12/15/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

as phage allready pointed out, the israelis just want to know about our missle tracking system on the lunar orbiter....

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisd250

as phage allready pointed out, the israelis just want to know about our missle tracking system on the lunar orbiter....

EDIT:

I understand what you are saying now...
...BUT, I still don't see where it says that Israel was also looking for the data from Chandrayaan-1.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisd250

You Know.. Israel is our ally. I think if they just asked someone in the U.S. would have told them..

Now Note, this guy was entrapped - it was an undercover agent operation.. this means that they had this guy under suspicion and couldn't prove anything so they had to entrap him.

I wonder what the guy was really into. Because this was a bogus sting Op there may be no real interest in the missile tracking technology at all and that was just used to catch this guy.

I firmly believe entrapment by law enforcement should be Illegal. This guy may not have been tempted to commit a crime if they had not approached him with this lure.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisd250

There is no missile tracking hardware on the LRO.
The OP made that statement up. It is not in the article. It is his fantasy.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by chrisd250

There is no missile tracking hardware on the LRO.
The OP made that statement up. It is not in the article. It is his fantasy.

I agree that the LRO is not "tracking missiles", but I suppose it is possible that technology on the LRO (hardware or software...cameras, detectors, etc.) could be used as a component in missile tracking technology, and thus could be classified. I don't know this was definitely the case, but it is possible.

HOWEVER, going back to my question for the OP...Where does it say anywhere in any of the sources you cited that Israel was after data collected by Chandrayaan-1? I did not read that anywhere in those articles.

The only connection here is the man arrested also worked on the Chandrayaan project...although I suppose this guy worked on quite a few projects besides Chandrayaan.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Apologize me, may be I was not clear in my explanation.
I refer to the fact that Noizette is expert for some particular radar instruments on three different missions that they had as target that to find water and traces of life on the Moon:
CLEMENTINE
CHANDRAYAAN
LUNAR RECONNAISSANCE ORBITER

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
reply to post by Phage

Apologize me, may be I was not clear in my explanation.
I refer to the fact that Noizette is expert for some particular radar instruments on three different missions that they had as target that to find water and traces of life on the Moon:
CLEMENTINE
CHANDRAYAAN
LUNAR RECONNAISSANCE ORBITER

Well, then he sounds like a good candidate for Israel to "recruit" to get information about radar technology -- perhaps even classified information.

However, where does the Chandrayaan-1 data come in (I mean, besides pure speculation).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join