It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do We Do About Jerks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
In the past two days, I have become party to the same member, for lack of a better word, being a jerk.

In the first thread, I came to the defense of another member who simply was not aware that another thread with the same topic was posted, and the second I ask for the proof of something that was proven in a closed thread of a different member and he chimes in with a snippy remark.

I understand that, being a part of the internet, we get a holes that come out of the woodwork.

I also understand that I should not be taking this personally, which I am not.

My problem is that this is a site where we supposed to be able to share opinions regardless of how radical they are. We are to accept that there will be some "Crazy" things that come across the wire.

But is it necessary to be a total jerk to people just because we are hidden by some avatar?

Is it necessary to be a total jerk knowing that there is no real way for your victims to respond in any sort of affective way?

Is it necessary to have these types of people here?

I'm a sarcastic ass at times, I will admit to that, but when I am in what is supposed to be a more intellectual environment, I feel it is expected of me to rise above, put down my petty rhetoric, and search for more adult ways to go about things.

So my question is this...how do we handle jerks?

And from the talk on this site as of late..this doesn't seem like an isolated incident. Others have said similar things.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I believe i am the member you are calling a Jerk and what "we" don't do is make threads whining about other members.

If you can't handle blunt and direct responses and/or humour or sarcasm... then i don't think online forums are for you mate.

Not really sure what your problem is.

Wasn't there a thread somewhere about growing thicker skin on ATS?

Hmmmmm

[edit on 12/12/09 by blupblup]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Best bet is to just ignore.

If it becomes more of a problem, use the Complain / Suggestion form, or hit alert on the post in question.

Thread closed.

[edit on December 12th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

new topics

join