It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Occupants ~ Drawings,Sketches and Non-Human Reports.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar
I'd be willing to bet money that some of the beings in this thread have been referred to as elves and fairies in the past. The concept of beautiful Tinkerbell-like fairies is a modern concept. Back in the days when people really believed in fairies, some of them were said to be quite ugly.

Gazerstar -you certainly may be onto something there.

Don't know if you've seen it before but below is a very interesting interview with astrophysicist Jacques Vallee - he also makes some intriguing comments about the corellation between Ufology and folklore.

Its also interesting that in Irish folklore 'fairies' were said to 'abduct' children and take them to 'castles in the sky'.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hmmm I do have one issue with some of these drawings...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a8476f06f7d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc7058a06d8f.jpg[/atsimg]

Notice the similarities?.. fiction imitating reality or the other way around?, especially considering the encounter took place 10+ years after the film was produced.

Given a number of those drawings have similar helmets to Klatus its a little Hmmmm... thing is you cant always take what the artist draws as what the witness actually saw since its often the artist doing what they can with the witnesses description, unless the image is drawn by the witness themselves.

Since alot of those pics are done by people not connected with the witness directly, ie id say all the colored pencil ones that have been posted, which ive seen before in a particular book years ago (along with them also being used in a magazine series I have about 20 issues of from the early 80's called 'The Unexplained')... alot of artist free interpretation was used, which can be a pitty.

Sort of how that classic encounter of that Brazilian farmer being abducted then made to make love to an attractive alien woman... thing is the actual testimony describes the 'woman' as being rather ugly and he was compelled to engage her. How or by who it got changed to beautiful, is anyone's guess.. but it stuck, and it gets repeated in most retellings that way.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Interesting thread karl 12, great idea.

It was hard to find one you did not posted already because you did your homework very well, but I did not see this one.
It is from a very interesting case.

Filiberto Cardenas Abduction and Contact Case
Date January 3, 1979 Location Hialeah, Florida, United States

Summary: In January 3, 1979 a Cuban exile Filiberto Cardenas was abducted in front of his family. Later, he had an encounter introducing his wife to the entities. This may be the first case on record where the original abductee was able to successfuly introduce another person into the contact events and to actually take them aboard a UFO with them.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79db966fc6e9.jpg[/atsimg]

Drawing of the alien being by Iris Cardenas, the 2nd witness. Iris observed: "On the suit, on the right breast, they had an emblem made up of a serpent in the form of an 'S' or maybe more like a 'Z' with rounded corners, with a wide 'X'-shaped cross lying down underneath." See a very similar alien being, including the particular serpent emblem on the suit, in the 1967 abduction of police officer Herbert Schirmer. (credit: Virgilio Sanchez-Ocejo)

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

Are all fish the same? No, in outward shape they can be very very different. Sure they might have the same make up but their enviroment leads to radical shapes. If I was going to argue the case for Humanoids I would go more along the line of convergent evolution. Thats why a Ichthyosaur looks like a Shark which looks like a Dolphin, these radically different creatures that have each taken the same basic shape to fill the same ecological niche.

However I hope there are plenty of non humanoids out there, if all sentient life is bilateral with our basic layout that is pretty boring.

What's your argument here? The outward shape of these humanoids are drastically different in some cases. I'm not saying at all they look the same. I agree with the possibility of reptillians, insectoids, winged humanoids etc.. I do not agree with a centaur being plausible because it doesn't seem to follow the Fibonacci sequence.

A NON humanoid shape would likely have a different TYPE of intelligence.

b

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Worthy of a read. thanks!

I think pictures from 200+ years ago are even more fantastic. Back then people weren't thinking about ET, were they? Unless they actually exist.

Oh, I guess all those biblical stories are not about ET intervention either, are they?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Excellent post as ever Karl.

I suppose it isn't surprising that many of these aliens seem to follow cultural expectations of how aliens might appear at the times of the sightings.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Occupant Case in Tucson,Arizona -February 10, 1977:

www.ufoevidence.org...

---

UFO Occupants encountered by former mayor in Hasselbach, Germany
- July 9, 1952:

www.ufoevidence.org...

---

Other Reports:

Two children encounter UFO and small humanoid beings in Cussac, France - August 29, 1967

UFO with three beings hovers over boat dock at Lake Movil,Minnesota - August, 1962.

Occupants seen next to UFO sitting on road - Deming, New Mexico, United States ,June, 1972

edit on 9-5-2023 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Here is one of my paintings of a grey.

I have a some drawings on this page of my website aliendoodles gallery

I have been drawing these types images for about 13 years now. I have been using my drawings to make sense of my abduction memories, both to stir memories and also to try to communicate just what I have seen. I only started sharing them on-line about 5 years ago.

I could go on forever about my personal close encounter history, but I get bored of telling the same stories again and again, so I won't, but you can read most of my accounts on my webpage.

Has anyone heard of this book The Art of Close Encounters, it is filled with abductee artwork.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm sure many have already commented on this or if not at least noticed it, but one of the things that immediately strike you when browsing these images is the variety of these depictions of aliens. Some follow a specific pattern whereas many do not.

Some years ago I came across the hypothesis that many experiences of the third kind, or fourth kind (abduction), could be explained as the individual subconsciously dreaming these beings and the evidence for this was that people's interpretations of "aliens" seem to change throughout periods of our society. For example, historically people reported having similar types of "abduction" dreams but instead they interpreted these beings to be devils, angels and as such illustrated that through drawings. It became folklore. Now, you could argue perhaps that they just mistaken "aliens" for demons because that was the closest association they could think of.

However I think it's interesting to note that the popular depiction of aliens has changed through periods in the modern era as well. From illustrations of "fish-men", in the 50's, to robots through the 70's, and then "little men" onwards - I can't help but feel some of these drawings in this thread can be explained away with this theory that groups of people are being influenced by pop culture.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
great thread Karl

It might not be news to you but most of your drawings were published a long time ago in Spain by Antonio Ribera who was the authority in ufology for all of us spanish speaking aficionados interested in the subject, long before the internet, anyway thanks for the great thread brings back a lot of memories....

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
www.ufobc.ca...

- Hooded being

- Mantis

- Mantis graphics

- Mantis with humanoids

- Mantis face closeup

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks so much for the posting that Jacques Vallee video. I enjoyed it.
It's been a while since I've read about his stories and theories. I need to dig some of that stuff back up again. I'm sure that there are more interesting mentions that I have forgotten about. I'm glad that he took a serious look at the connection between Aliens and Folklore. There are many, many, many similarities between the old fairy stories and the aliens. They're almost identical. IMO, there are too many coincidences between the two to completely dismiss the connection.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Shino

Your mentioning dreaming brought up an angle that I hadn't previously thought about. I always assumed that ancient cave drawings and carvings were actual beings that were physically seen. I hadn't thought about the possibility that the ancients may have made drawings of beings from their dreams or nightmares. I guess some could even be depictions from their shamanic journeys. That gives me something new to ponder.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by rusethorcain
BE AWARE THAT NIC1HALO AND DOOMSDAY REX ARE POSTING HERE TO DISTRACT FROM THE THREAD....they are dis-informers. I urge you to sweep quickly over their posts. Now they are both on my IGNORE list.
Congrats! They are the first to get that status!
How do I know? As I told Doomsday... I am psychic.

If you want to convince anyone that what Doomsday Rex is psting is disinfo, then the way to do it is to show the information he is posting is incorrect such as perhaps in this post:

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Just a few weeks ago, a wave of mass hysteria hit a Zimbabwe school, wherein students were "screaming wildly and complaining of visions of strange snake-like creatures and lions". Source

In February 2008, over 100 students were victims of a "demonic attack" at Ugandan school. A year before that, over 200 were affected at the same school. Source

In 2002, hundreds of students were affected by a mass hysteria that manifested as intense itching. Source

There are many more examples...

Now, could you please explain how in the Ruwa case it would be "quite impossible"?

But rather than show why these other cases of mass hysteria are disinfo, you have chosen to stick your head in the sand and ignore valid questions? Such an approach isn't going to help you, or the rest of the participants in this thread get any closer to the truth. And I think that's why most of us are here, to learn the truth.

Are you saying those other mass hysteria cases are disinfo? If so then expose the disinfo, maybe cite other sources saying why that mass hysteria analysis is wrong or something, that will support your argument. But if you just label a statement you disagree with as disinfo with nothing to back that up, I have to wonder if you are really here seeking the truth like many of us are.

Really? I am supposed to compare a few cases of genuine hysteria - which probably DID happen to the case of the 62 school children? Sorry they don't compare. I saw the school children myself.

Now as for your comment about my head in the sand??? and your insinuation I am not seeking the truth because I question a couple of crackpots making a joke of your post...??? Uncalled for, untrue and quite rude.
And for your edification dis-information and mis-information are not the same thing. Disinformation is based in truth. It is truth either out of context or placed inappropriately to distract from another issue that is to be muddled or deliberately confused.
I did not say his hysteria stories were MIS-information, did not deny they happened, denied they had anything to do with the school children a case I am very familiar with... so I really don't have to prove anything to him to you or anyone else.
Thanks for the scolding however...
You feel better now? Rhetorical question. Sadly - I will not see your response.

Good luck on your quest for the truth!
Sincerely hope you recognize it when you see it.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Wow... really nice sketches.

If at least 3 or 4 of them are real... the question remains - why no contact?! If indeed they're real, they could drop by and say "hi"... seeing this and not seeing them feels like Humans are the only ignorant race in the universe - They know about us, we dont know about them... hate that.

But star and flag for this thread!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Excellent post! thank you for taking the time to put this together, and to share
It was interesting to see that a few of the drawings were more 'elf, fairy etc' like than just alien, Which made me think back to the book Dimensions by Jaques F Vallee where he goes into depth that humans have had contact with other beings since time first began, way before popular UFO culture came into the spot light.. Having had a long term interest in whats often called 'mythical beings' It all just seemed to fit quite well..
These sketches and thread in general are wonderful, thanks again..
Oh and to a few of you who are saying 'they dont look like aliens' and why are they all humanoid.. could it simply be that our minds percieve them this way? or perhaps they take humanoid form in order to appease us when they are sighted. I do agree though with an earlier member here, i am also tired of the silent treatment! Come out, we have much to ask all of you! lol

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Spacevisitor, great post mate.

There are still plenty of other strange UFOnaut reports which you posted in the USO research thread - makes you wonder just how many there actualy are.

UFO ON THE SEA NEAR RIO by Dr. W. Buhler

www.abovetopsecret.com...

---

France - 08 /01 /1962

--

USS Franklin D. Roosevelt -1958:

---

Lima,Peru - 13 February 1979:

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
Serg. CLIFFORD STONE WAS RIGHT: "57 different alien species"!!!!

I concure....there is definitily alot of evidence that supports that with all those drawings from different time and places.....the kids are the best because they are usuallu the most honest.

Great post , makes a guy/women/human/alien think a little.

Lot more going's on , on this plant than meets the eye.

s&f

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
Sort of how that classic encounter of that Brazilian farmer being abducted then made to make love to an attractive alien woman... thing is the actual testimony describes the 'woman' as being rather ugly and he was compelled to engage her. How or by who it got changed to beautiful, is anyone's guess.. but it stuck, and it gets repeated in most retellings that way.

Bigfoot, you make a good point there and I think its only natural that subjective interpretation would play a big role in the re-telling of some of these reports.

There is a comprehensive link below dealing with the incident you mention and Gordon Creighton makes some interesting points about the symbols Antonio Villas Boas witnessed over the door of the unknown craft:

Sketch of UFO:

Symbols:

The Amazing Case of António Villas Boas ~ GORDON CREIGHTON

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ericblak1947
This is astonishing collection of alien descriptions. The range of et’s shown here is profound. It makes you wonder what we are really dealing with.

Maybe these encounters are some kind of thought projection from our subconscious minds.

Ericblak1947,thanks for the reply -there are certainly a lot of varying reports and it realy does make you wonder what the hell is going on - maybe they're inter-dimensional in origin - or maybe they're extra-terrestrial (or inter-terrestrial) -who knows?

I'm not so sure about the psychological angle though - many UFOs have been visualy corellated on multiple radar screens; leave physical traces on the ground and/or exhibit electromagnetic effects on aircraft so it looks to me like we're dealing with a real and tangible phenomenon.

Dr Carl Jung has also made some interesting statements about the true nature of the UFO subject:

Dr. Carl Gustav Jung, Pioneer of psychiatry, stated in 1954:

"A purely psychological explanation is ruled out... the discs show signs of intelligent guidance, by quasi-human pilots... the authorities in possession of important information should not hesitate to enlighten the public as soon and as completely as possible."
"Dr. Carl Jung on Unidentified Flying Objects," Flying Saucer Review, Vol. 1, No. 2, 1955.

"It remains an established fact, supported by numerous observations, that UFOs have not only been seen visually but have also been picked up on the radar screen and have left traces on the photographic plate."
"A Fresh Look at Flying Saucers," Time, August 4, 1967.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join