It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Wizard marathon on the science channel!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Growing up, Mr. Wizard was my favorite show. It was great! Now, on the science channel, they're playing some really old ones, back from the black and white days. I can't believe how young Mr. Wizard looks! I saw him back in the colored days. He was one of the driving forces for my scientific curiosity, and I'm sure many others here grew up watching him as well. Just had to make sure you guys were aware it was on

[Edited on 5-22-2004 by junglejake]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That might be worth getting out of bed and taking a trip to the living room w/ the digital cable box! Thanks for the heads-up, JJ. I loved that show. So did Perfect Tommy from "Buckaroo Banzai"

Perfect Tommy: Emilio Lizardo. Wasn't he on TV once?

Buckaroo Banzai: You're thinking of Mr. Wizard.

Reno: Emilio Lizardo is a top scientist, dumbkopf.

Perfect Tommy: So was Mr. Wizard.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
lol Glad I could get you a little excersize, Spectre

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Mr Wizard was cool!

I wish they would run a Bill Nye The Science Guy marathon too,
he rocked!

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Wow. I just had an incredible revelation watching Mr. Wizard.

The scientific community has a political system of it's own, ideas are crushed because the mainstream disagrees with them. Mr. Wizard took the best and the brightest kids and explained scientific topics and theories to them. He was, essensially, testing his theories on a blank slate. Someone who didn't care what Dr. X and Dr. y thought, because she/he didn't know Drs. x and y existed. So not only was Mr. Wizard helping us gain a passion for science, and explaining topics in a way the average joe blow could understand, he was also helping himself by listening to the ideas that kids got after being explained a basic principal. Groovy! (He's still on, by the way)

top topics

join