It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio carries out first US execution by single injection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Biros had been convicted of the murder of a 22-year-old woman in 1991.

The new method was introduced because of concerns that prisoners could suffer extreme pain if the first of the usual three drugs failed to work effectively.

Critics say the method - which uses a dose of thiopental sodium and can take twice as long to take effect - is human experimentation. US justice officials deny this.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I just wish Canada would bring back the noose.
How a killer dies doesn't matter to me, I just want them dead and not having the system pay for their three hots and a cot for the rest of their lives.

This evil scum didn't care about the woman he murdered, and I don't care if he would have suffered during his execution. The only sad part of this is that it took 19 years to put the dog down.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Couldn't have said it better myself.

No need for this second line.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hanging can be nearly instantaneous death. If preformed correctly. Lethal injection can be nearly instantaneous as well, if preformed correctly.

How about bringing back the guillotine?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Hanging can be nearly instantaneous death. If preformed correctly. Lethal injection can be nearly instantaneous as well, if preformed correctly.

How about bringing back the guillotine?

No doubt. Unless there is some major negligence on the part of the operator/maintenance, those are a one shot deal.

I'd say throwing them in a volcano would probably be more cost effective.

Or just take them out in the middle of the atlantic, drop them in the water with a sandwich, and if they can find their way to land before they drown, get eaten or freeze.

Boy, I'm morbid, but I just don't care

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
The only sad part of this is that it took 19 years to put the dog down.

I actually don't mind this part of the death sentence in America... a few reasons, it gives the murderer time to dwell on the defining point of their time on earth - it gives all the interested parties chance to study and attempt to understand how and why a killer kills, so the shrinks can maybe save lives by spotting people earlier, and cops can catch killers quicker... And most importantly there is plenty of time to prove beyond doubt that the person is guilty... The worst thing is to execute an innocent man, and that has happened too many times.

I know it's very very expensive - but it's worth it, considering the other things a governments can waste similar amounts of money on.

new topics

top topics

join