It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Wave is lame.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So I have been using Google Wave for about a day now, and given its pretty straightforward feature set, I think I can give it a pretty decent review.

Google Wave is basically a chat client spruced up to handle all sorts of web content and does so in a very sleek and organized way. It looks a little like GMail (which, combined with GChat makes GWave almost unnecessary). The problem I see with it is that it really only serves purpose for 2 types of users..

A: The 14 year old who can't get off of facebook or AIM to save their lives because losing contact with their buddies for even a few seconds would be unfathomable.

Or..

B: An informal office setting where professionalism can be sacrificed for ease of communication.

The reason I say this is because you can actually see the lines of text and html people are inserting into the box as they do it. You can't really edit what people have already seen you type. This leaves very little ability to compose a well-thought out line of text. Its too chaotic, although I assume this will be left as an option when the full version comes out.

It really is only for massive communication with many people.. So a big, technologically advanced chat room I guess.

For now, its just a preview, so I'm sure it will have a lot more features when its fully hashed out. And if it wasn't just for limited use, I'd definitely use it to store my unfinished writing, as it has a really cool file system, and I wouldn't need to invite anyone to see the writing til it was done.

But that's it for now. Anyone else use it and think differenly/the same?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I didn't see a whole lot of use for it either honestly, I already use GMail and its chat feature at work so its redundant and pointless really. I could see it being nice for project work because of its more visual style, but other than that it seems kind of bleh.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
yeah it is, I'm on it and can't do a damn thing. I though it was going to be like twitter.

google wave

new topics

join