It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you lose your soul?

page: 1

join
share:
d1k

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Do you think people whom have disorders, dieseases or any other psychological problem that causes them to basicly become vegitables can lose their soul?

People whom just sit there and stare into space not aware of their surroundings nor react to it in any way for what ever problem they have. Do you think you can lose your soul? Do you think your sould could move on by its own choice? And lastly do you think animals have souls?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
No, the soul is immortal and stays with the body until death. Actual death, not just brain death. I was wondering the same thing after a friend of mine went into cardiac arrest, was revived but was brain dead and then subsequently died. He was a priest and I had the opportunity to discuss the issue with other priests.

While the soul helps to guide our actions, the soul "operates" separate from the body. That means that while some may appear to be in a vegetative state, the soul is still very active.

[Edited on 5/22/2004 by CommonSense]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I don�t think we can lose, trade or give away our souls. Our souls belong to god they aren�t ours so we can�t directly effect their stare of being. God will decide where out souls will go heaven or hell, obviously we can effect his decision by our earthly actions but I don�t believe anything or any circumstance on earth could affect our soul while we are alive.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The soul is immortal, and is a part of the creator, so it cannot be destroyed. IMO

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Can you be aware of its presence? How would you know if you didn't have one or lost it?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by icelid
Can you be aware of its presence? How would you know if you didn't have one or lost it?

The soul is who you are. Its the core of your being. If you lost your soul, it would be death of the physical body only. But you would still be.
it can't happen IMO.

If you are aware and concious knowing you exist,
you are aware of its being.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I watched a program a couple of years ago about a young man who was born terribly handicapped, he couldn't communicate and they thought he was retarted...he was given a little machine that you could press buttons and it would speak the words. He told them that he was constantly in communication with the angels. He couldn't communicate with a living soul all those years but was never out of communication with heaven...interesting!

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
What about selling his soul to the devil. Wouldn't someone who sell his soul lost his soul? Because when someone sells his soul, he's not supposed to have it anymore afterward. Because if not, then everybody would sell his soul to the devil, get all the cool stuff, and then go on still having his soul !

duh...

/sarcasm off

What if one's remove the pineal gland of someone? Would he still live? Would he still have his mind? Would he still have his soul?

/joke mode off

I think one cannot lose his soul. It is what makes him be their in the first place. It only go away when life stops. Or it simply stop existing lol..

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You cannot sell your soul...it doesn't belong to you. All the souls go back to the creator. All you can get from Satan is short term. I had a friend who was a wannabe Satanist who said he would rule in hell with Satan....Satan has a limited rule on earth, when the tribulation period ends he is bound, let loose for a little while after 1000 yrs, and then destroyed. Satan doesn't RULE in hell! Years later my friend was given a death sentence...leukemia. He gave his heart to the Lord...life can be cut very short on earth...then what?

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well, being a person who believes in reincarnation and such, my answer is, after you die, you go into a period of waiting, reflection and learning, then you either reincarnate, or you move onto another place to do the same thing. Its long term spiritual evolution. But thats just my view, am sure you will get others.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I always considered the Soul the 'Flesh' and the Spirit that which lives on beyond this dimension we call Reality. And no, we don't cease to exist later because we are all a part of one another, therefore, we exist for each other in order to Exist.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Well, being a person who believes in reincarnation and such, my answer is, after you die, you go into a period of waiting, reflection and learning, then you either reincarnate, or you move onto another place to do the same thing. Its long term spiritual evolution. But thats just my view, am sure you will get others.

ITA. Having read several books on the subject (Michael Newtons, specifically) I am convinced that reincarnation is real.

But I do believe that people can die spiritually and yet still remain functioning living breathing human beings.

These are the people you see out there doing jobs on a daily basis that somehow ultimately end up hurting other people. On some level these people KNOW that what they do hurts others, yet they go on doing the job in spite of that for the bi-monthly reward of a little bit of money.

These are our much loved Jobsworths we see out there. The person who gleefully writes up parking tickets, denies somebody food stamps or medical care because of a glitch in the clerical process, pulls people over and issues tickets simply to raise revenue for the city (without the motive of safety in mind at all), shuts off your water/electricity because you've been out of work and can't afford to pay...etc etc

I believe that gradually these people become spiritually dead inside. So in a sense you can say they have lost their souls and/or are basically soulless.

But it doesn't have to be this way. People need to ask themselves if the job they do either A. Benefits others, or B. Hurts others. If the answer is "B" then people need to quit doing these jobs and these types of businesses would fail and the world would be a far better place.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by KayEm]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
[quote] But it doesn't have to be this way. People need to ask themselves if the job they do either A. Benefits others, or B. Hurts others. If the answer is "B" then people need to quit doing these jobs and these types of businesses would fail and the world would be a far better place. [quote]

Nonsense. Or they can not have a job and hurt themselves. Many jobs can be hurtful. People who work fast food are hurting people but may not think so or a liquer store clerk and the list goes on. You can't make claims by a persons job and say they've lost their soul if indeed we have one at all.

Everbody in the world is corrupt..everybody except the young who have not been given the chance to be taught.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You

Everbody in the world is corrupt..everybody except the young who have not been given the chance to be taught.

I say THATS nonsense. There are plenty of corrupt soulless people out there I grant you that, but there are also fairminded thinking people who are kind and wouldn't take a job as a cop, or bank teller, or parking warden for all the tea in china. Because the tasks involved in these jobs ultimately hurt people.

Restaurant work nourishes other people. You choose the food you put in your mouth be it good or bad. A person who is "downsized" out of his job, who has no money and loses his electricity because some jobsworth just HAS to follow the rules without thinking of the real people they are hurting has NO choice in the matter.

These types of jobs are simply unnecessary. They make the world a miserable place to live in, especially for working class people. I'm simply saying we would go a long way in making the world a better place if people refused to take hurtful jobs.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Can we lose our souls?

Can we loser our consciousness?

Obviously not, though the two can become tainted, but not all are born tainted...

Deep

new topics

top topics

join