It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Interrupt This Program...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This is how it might go down, if and when an impact occurs. Rumor is the first one will hit June 18th to 20th. Location unknown at this time.

www.timebomb2000.com...

We Interrupt This Program...
August 01, 2002: 3:34 Eastern Time

John Horne set down his coffee cup and once again addressed his screen. No matter how many times he recalculated the new budget there wasn't any escaping the fact that at least one member of the office staff was going to have to be laid off. Resignation washed over him and he clicked the "save" icon like he was signing a figurative death warrant. A rumble from the window caught his attention and he looked up to see the black afternoon thundercloud so typical of this time of year approaching from the northeast.

Almost as if on cue the weather radio behind his desk clicked on and he slapped the kill button. "You're a little late to tell me we've got a Severe Thunderstorm Warning, I can see it for myself out the window.", he said to the radio as he turned back to his computer. The opening strains of Copeland's Rodeo flowed from another radio tuned to the local classical music station. Seconds later his concentration on his work was shattered with the following announcement:

"We interrupt our programming: This is a national emergency.

Important instructions will follow. "

The coffee cup fell over and spilled across the budget papers as John leapt from his chair and across the room to turn up the volume. His other hand swept his cell phone out of his shirt pocket, flipped the cover and punched the pre-programmed memory button that dialed his wife's cell phone.

"This is an Emergency Action Notification. All broadcast stations and cable systems shall transmit this Emergency Action Notification Message. This station has interrupted its regular programming at the request of the White House to participate in the Emergency Alert System.

During this emergency, most stations will remain on the air providing news and information to the public in assigned areas. This is 88.4 FM, a radio service of the University of Florida. We will continue to serve the greater Gainesville area. If you are not in this Local Area, you should turn to stations providing news and information for your Local Area. You are listening to the Emergency Alert System serving the Gainesville, Florida area.

Do not use your telephone. The telephone lines should be kept open for emergency use. The Emergency Alert System has been activated. We will also be serving as a message distribution and relay source to other broadcast stations."

He heard the connect on the other end of the line, "Hello, this is Ann!"

"Ann! It's John. Where are you?"

Her tone became quizzical when she heard the seriousness in John's voice. "I'm in town at Target with Melinda. We're going to buy her school shoes. Why?"

A new voice arose from the radio across the room. "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States."

John said, "Stay in the car for a moment and turn on the radio to 88.4. We've got some sort of national emergency breaking."

"My fellow Americans I come to you with word of a grave emergency that has suddenly befallen not only our nation, but indeed the entire world.

Moments ago I was informed by the North American Aerospace Defense Command that they have detected an asteroid in an intercept orbit with our planet. Unfortunately, it is coming at us from the direction of the Sun which prevented us from being able to detect this massive body in time to give an earlier warning.

By means of our national technical resources this previously undetected asteroid has been established to have a diameter of 750 yards and is moving at a velocity of fifteen miles per second. This means that it will impact the Earth's surface with an energy greater than all of the nuclear weapons presently in the armories of the United States and Russia combined. As I speak news of this impending impact is being communicated by us to every government on this planet.

Impact will be fifty miles southeast of Bermuda in thirty six minutes. The first tsunamis will reach American shores approximately three hours after impact. As they approach the shallow waters of our continental shelf the wave will be greatly slowed but will grow in height until it reaches an estimated 900 feet. The first wave will break, recede and be replaced by another wave and then another. Our Eastern Seaboard from Florida to the coast of Newfoundland will be flooded to the foothills of the Appalachian mountains. The coastlines of Europe and Western Africa will be similarly devastated with lesser waves racing through the Caribbean, past the Straits of Gibraltar into the Mediterranean, the Cape of Good Hope into the Indian Ocean and around the southern tip of South America into the Pacific. Virtually every coastal nation on this planet will be impacted to some extent.

As must be plain to you now the three and a half hours remaining to us will not be sufficient time to affect any meaningful evacuation of our eastern coastline cities. Those of you in the Piedmont areas of the Appalachian mountains are advised to leave your homes immediately with whatever you can carry in your hands and head further west higher into the mountains. Residents of the Gulf and Pacific coasts will have a longer time to get away from the coastline and you are advised to do so immediately.

As I speak the highway patrols of every affected state are clearing the interstate highways and major national highways for one way traffic only in all lanes away from the shorelines. There will be prolonged and severe weather effects following the impact that your local radio stations will advise you about after this broadcast. As your President I ask and pray that you will remain calm, not panic, and to help your fellow man to the best of your ability so that as many lives may be saved as possible. I pray the Good Lord will watch over and guide us all in this time of emergency. I will be making further broadcasts as the necessity arises.

Dead air for a moment before the local air person comes back and says, "This is 88.4 FM, a radio service of the University of Florida, we are serving the greater Gainesville, Florida area. If you are not in this area please tune to your local station for information specific to your area. Standby for upcoming information on evacuation areas and locations to move towards away from the coastline." Like all Gulf coast and southeastern Atlantic states Florida had a well developed emergency system for coping with hurricanes but nothing ever dreamed of by the state's emergency planners had ever been intended to deal with this.

John came back to himself and realized he was still holding the cell phone in his hand. "Ann? Ann?!", he said, voice rising.

"Yes John, I'm still here.", she replied, "What should we do? Will the waves reach us this far inland?"

In a decisive tone he said, "Go straight home - right now. Don't stop for anything, God only knows how long the roads will remain passable once the shock wears off and people begin panicking. When you get there start bracing the place for a severe hurricane. There's going to be a lot of prolonged severe weather after that thing hits. Don't worry about filling water containers, we'll have more than we'll ever want to see again shortly. I don't think the tsunamis will come this far�but I'm not sure - that work was all theoretical. In any event there isn't time to try to make it into north Alabama. I'm leaving right now.

I love you. Tell Melinda I love her."

"And we love you John. See you when you get home. Sure hope we don't have to swim."

The connection broke. John put the phone in his pocket, picked up his kit and left the building towards his car. He saw others with stunned looks on their faces not moving.

As he left the building he wondered if he'd live to see another building like it being built again in his lifetime�

d1k

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Wouldn'tt it be better for it to land in water and just destory coast lines compared to it hitting land? I'm totally ignorant to what would happen so this is more of a question. Would there be a shock wave or just the tsunami's. If it hit land there would be some ultra big shockwave that would circle the globe and destroy everything...is this correct?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Probably either way, the after effects will be horrible. The first wave is bad, but with all the dust and stuff going into the atmosphere it will proably cause the next ice age.... Not sure of the size of asteroid needed for that though.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Energy I know you posted something like this last week ....where do you think its going to hit...???

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
My god that sent shivers down my spine... I hope this is just another one of those "end of the world predictions" that never happen, although I have to say something has been niggling me for some time now about a major world change event coming. I thought it may be disclosure of E.Ts by world governments but this is frightening to say the least. Hopefully its a crock, Surely NASA or some observatory would see it coming? Surely?

d1k

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JCMinJapan
but with all the dust and stuff going into the atmosphere

Would there be dust if it hit the water?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog
My god that sent shivers down my spine... I hope this is just another one of those "end of the world predictions" that never happen, although I have to say something has been niggling me for some time now about a major world change event coming. I thought it may be disclosure of E.Ts by world governments but this is frightening to say the least. Hopefully its a crock, Surely NASA or some observatory would see it coming? Surely?

Would NASA say anything to the public if they DID know? If this thing is really going to happen, I'm sure NASA DOES know. But just imagine what would happen if they went public with doomsday information. Can you say global riots, crime, people quitting jobs, panic, death, etc? Better for them and everyone if they kept it quiet . So IF they know, which is most likely, I'm positive they are working on something right now to try and deter any potential impacts. As to how or even if they could actually do something like that....who knows???

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If you search your collective memory, you might recall, NASA and/or the WhiteHouse had come out in public last year and announced that if there was an event like this coming, they would...I REPEAT "WOULD NOT LET THE PUBLIC KNOW"!!!

Why is there a meeting involving the leaders of the world (even those we don't like) going on, or about to happen overseas. I'll try to find the link.

Nuclear waste being put into Yucca repository at hurried pace, space station program going into mothballs, no shuttle fleet, hubble being abanded, so many other susupious things going on.

Was the beef (mad cow) and chicken (sars) really destroyed or was that an excuse to process massive amounts of protien for future survival? I don't know, just hypothetical thinking.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Energy .....let me ask you again.......Where do you think this thing is going to hit ..??? and would you..?? or have you already run to the top your posting with the link you posted last week or early this week concerning this matter....
thanks...
your friend watcheroftheskies

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
Why is there a meeting involving the leaders of the world (even those we don't like) going on, or about to happen overseas.

well, i think you're talking about the EU meeting that's coming up in a couple weeks or so. bush is going just to meet with tony blair... but it being an EU meeting would explain why it's overseas

Nuclear waste being put into Yucca repository at hurried pace, space station program going into mothballs, no shuttle fleet, hubble being abanded

1) the waste isn't being put in at a "hurried pace" as far as i know. i believe that waste is putting in because of all the waste that was supposed to be put in a long time ago. so they're trying to catch up with where they should actually be now.

2) the space station is "going into mothballs?" i know there were budget cuts, but i don't think it's being entirely abandoned.

3) the shuttles are to resume flying soon, so there will be an active shuttle fleet again soon.

4) hubble isn't being abandoned, it's being replaced.

as for this being a prediction? i don't get it... it's some story that someone wrote and you copied and pasted into this thread. and actually, i think there's a rule about not posting more than 500 words of prewritten or copywritten materials.

granted a meteor (tons of those hit in a day, actually...), asteroid, comet impact is inevitable but i don't think anything will happen soon. so please enlighten me on what comet or asteroid will be hitting next month.

EDIT: screwed up my quotes.

[Edited on 5/22/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
If something like an asteroid were to impact Earth, I believe that is how we would be notified of it. If the Government decided to let the world know right now that we were headed for disaster, there would be global chaos among the masses.

In my opinion, it is proper for the Government to keep something like an asteroid impact quiet.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
And when they have the exact course, time and impact zone plotted out I'm very sure they will let loose the spray planes and euthanize the masses in the effected areas just like it says in Revelations...

The seventh angle poured out its vile upon the earth and then a resounding voice is heard in the heavans which says...IT IS DONE!

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Speaking for myself, I'd like to be notified if such an impact was to occur but in the event of a suprise impact I would still have enough time to get to safe ground as long as its an ocean impact. I may live near water but its a bay, the first wave would have to be comming from a perticular angle to actualy make it into this bay. Just to be on the safe side, I would head for the mountains which are one hour max away. The back roads that lead to those mountains are like five minutes drive from my home. I would most likely be able to avoid the panicking masses aswell.

Water covers about 2/3 of the earth's surface, the chances of an ocean impact are greater than a land impact.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
question....

I live on the east coast, but about 10-15 miles inland...I don't necessarily beleive that we are doomed, but for arguments sake, if we were hit by an asteroid, in say the Atlantic, does anyone know how far in a tsunami or anything to that affect would reach inland?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
...Was the beef (mad cow) .... really destroyed or was that an excuse to process massive amounts of protien for future survival? I don't know, just hypothetical thinking.

Believe me EW, the BSE crisis was real enough here in UK - the stench from the funeral pyres choked the air, as I sadly attest to (a farm, about 3 miles from me, had it's herd slaughtered and burnt in the field). For further details, please see this

I hope that removes *one* doubt from your mind?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Energy Wave I commend your creativity in drawing attention to this potential crisis.

For those of you who want to know what they hell EW is talking about, visit this thread:
Very Scary End of the World Article
As well as this one for more recent events that support an asteroid impact:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
As of this point I am not sure myself what will happen but many govt. actions recently seem to point to something is going to happen.....

Decide for yourself after reading.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Watcheroftheskies, if an asteriod does hit, I've heard it said in a number of predictions that it would be in the eastern Atlantic ocean or in the Mediteranian sea. I've wondered if it would be used to wipeout Isreal/Palestine coast to open the way for temple to be rebuilt.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
I've wondered if it would be used to wipeout Isreal/Palestine coast to open the way for temple to be rebuilt.

Thats an interesting theory....but do you mean when you say used ....do you mean used by god to wipe out this area for a temple to be rebuilt..?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just in case you don't allready know this... Remember several years ago when they revamped the emergncy alert system?

It now has this annoying serries of errrnts, beeps and tones. TV and Radio stations have to test this system at certian intervils or the goverments system automaticly cuts in and cuts off the sound on what ever your listening to or watching on TV (usually durring the defining moment of the show you just spent the last hour and a half watching).

When it first went into effect I remember a news article about how all the other nations around the world were going to use the same or similar type set up. This is for what? I mean think about it. A global alert system. Makes you wonder doesn't it.

I think this is the trumpet sounding in revelations when it goes into activation.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is from the Timebomb2000 forum...

"A member of our ham radio club intercepted this transmission and shared it with a few of us. He made a digital recording of it. The transmissions took place on 1-26-04 staring at 0:5:00 UTC. The frequency was 11.176 mhz, USB.

The conversation is between SNOWBALL NET and another station. We assume SNOWBALL is the network operator.

Here is a transcript:

SNOWBALL NET: Snowball Net comms check. All stations, clock sync, (pause) impact at minus 146 days, 5 hours UTC. Standby for ACC link (could have been ACD). "

The rest of the thread is here...

www.timebomb2000.com...

When I first read this I marked the calander date which just happens to be...JUNE 19th!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join