It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIV-positive New Zealand man infects wife with needle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

HIV-positive New Zealand man infects wife with needle

news.bbc.co.uk

An HIV-positive New Zealand man pricked his sleeping wife with a needle tainted with his blood, infecting her with the virus, court papers have revealed.

It is believed the man wanted to give her the virus, which leads to Aids, so she would have sex with him again, the New Zealand Sunday Star-Times reported.

"All he said [was] he was sorry. He said, 'I used needles on you because I wanted you to be the same as me so that you can live with me and you won't leave me'...."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
So, the man's wife decides to stay with him for the sake of the children and he infects her with his blood via a syringe so that she'll have sex with him again.

That's not the best logic, but it is known that HIV does cause dementia.

HIV is not the most easily transmitted virus, but it is clear that anyone who is intent on infecting another can do so easily enough.

HIV-infection and AIDS have been the most politically-charged disorders in history and in some cases politics have trumped common sense.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2009/12/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Well, in the US, it is a crime to do this. In fact, I believe it is a class A felony to knowingly infect someone with HIV (same as attempted murder). He obviously cares nothing for her and is an extremely selfish person. One cannot help but wonder how he got the disease in the first place. Promiscuous sex?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
That is so sad. Imagine believing you were doing the right thing by staying with the man only to pay with your life. Its tragic.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Complete betrayal. How she must feel...
Very sad. What will this do to the children?
Imagine what they will think of him, when they learn of this?

[edit on 6-12-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Dear GradyPhilpott

I am sorry to have to tell you all but this is the mere tip of an enormous ice berg as far as HIV infection goes.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
New Zealand has an appalling record when it comes to domestic violence, and general violence towards women.

This story doesn't surprise me in the slightest, and it is long over due for the NZ judicial system to get its house in order and start to do something to protect the countries women and children.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This is murder no matter what the circumstances are.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by tristar]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Poor guy, he just wanted to be loved. As sad as this story is, it doesn't seem completely illogical.

However the good news is, .. with the advancement of medical technology and medication they might be able to live long, natural lives.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
If he really and truly loved her he would not have done it. He should be charged with something in this case and locked the **** up.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear GradyPhilpott

I am sorry to have to tell you all but this is the mere tip of an enormous ice berg as far as HIV infection goes.

You're sorry to have to tell me?

Do you think I've been under a rock for thirty years?

Do you think I was born in this century?

Maybe you can help me out a bit more. Could you elaborate?

[edit on 2009/12/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Faces up to 14 years in prison. I wonder how much he'll actually get.
This poor woman.
This guy doesn't deserve any sympathy at all. Based on his own logic, his apparent "toruture" would have stopped had he taken his own life.
....as a sidenote i wonder how people with hiv are dealt with in jail. Betcha no one's even gonna mess with him.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I have a suspicion of what he meant.

I will elaborate on what I think it is.

Simply put, the Spanish doctor who did exactly this on himself in a TV broadcast with blood of a self-diagnosed man who claimed it was his HIV contaminated blood.

It even got a brief paragraph mention in the journal Science in an article on AIDS denialism published in the 90s.

However, the doctor died 1 year and a half after this broadcast of a heart attack.

What the outcome would develop to, will forever be a mystery, 1.5 year is not enough for full-blown HIV colonization.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by jjjtir]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
What a disgustingly sorry excuse for a man. They should sentence him to prison the rest of his life, with no chance for parole.

It's not bad enough that he gave no thought at all to the woman he supposedly loves, but he sure as hell didn't give a second thought to his children. It's not bad enough that they would have had to endure watching what that disease would have done to their father, but he has now made them have to endure watching what it will do to their mother with the added burden of knowing that their father purposely infected her.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat
New Zealand has an appalling record when it comes to domestic violence, and general violence towards women.

This story doesn't surprise me in the slightest, and it is long over due for the NZ judicial system to get its house in order and start to do something to protect the countries women and children.

It has more to do with NZ culture than its judicial system. I live in NZ and I know first hand in regards to its negative culture.

For example Gangsterism is very popular here, and gangsters will treat women like sh1t, the government can't do much about it.

In New Zealand, gangs have become an increasingly serious problem which is now threatening to replace the Maori culture, as more young Maori turn to a life of crime to find a sense of belonging.

My neighbor 15 just got infected with STDs 2 weeks ago by sleeping with a 14 year old girl without any protection. No one really give a doodles as$ anymore since it is so common.

One individual I know has 2 kids, one on the way. The government doesn't even know he is the father. His 4 year old has already got high couple of times. I know 12 year olds smoking P, I know 13 year olds having sex with 24 year olds. All of these has become common here, at least around where I live which is Auckland (West Auckland to be specific).

I don't think the government can do anything about it. All the government can do is take the kids away from their parents which has the same consequences as leaving the kids with their parents. Think about it, it is a freaken paradox. There is no way out of it.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
Faces up to 14 years in prison. I wonder how much he'll actually get.
This poor woman.
This guy doesn't deserve any sympathy at all. Based on his own logic, his apparent "toruture" would have stopped had he taken his own life.
....as a sidenote i wonder how people with hiv are dealt with in jail. Betcha no one's even gonna mess with him.

NZ prison is similar to the US except the anal part. The gangs run the prisons, and if you are not affiliated you are basically screwed.

My brother went to prison for 2 years and broke his Jaw 7 times (we don't know about his other injuries). That is what the prison doctor said, but then again it relates to your character too. If you don't like being pushed around and people taking stuff from you then be ready to get gang banged, but if you are going to be a b1tch and do what ever they tell you then you will be sweet as$.

I'm sure this guy will get alot of beatings because inside you get judged based on what you did outside.

top topics

join